Looking for some game of skill competition ideas? Here’s some of the most common examples of game of skill competitions for trade promotions outlined below:
- Answer Judgeable Question: Answer a question in 25 words or less, and entries are judged e.g. based on creative merit, to determine the winner.
- Post/Submit a Photo: Post a photo which meets certain requirements and photos are judged to determine the winner. E.g. take a photo of yourself at the Melbourne Show and post to your Instagram account
- Trivia: Asking entrants trivia questions and awarding prize to person who obtains most correct answers
- Highest Sales: Encourage sales of your products by awarding a prize to the salesperson who sells the highest volume or dollar value in your product during the promotional period.
Benefits of game of skill competitions:
There are many benefits to running games of skill competitions; including the following:
- Games of skill are generally more cost effective, as permits are not required, prize draws do not need to be conducted and advertising winners is not required;
- The state and territory requirements are less arduous for games of skill, and therefore the competition terms are much simpler;
- Games of skill competitions are a great way to engage customers with a brand, due to the creative and challenging nature of the entry mechanics;
- Entrants responses can be used to promote the brand, for example a creative image submitted for entry could be featured in an advertising campaign;
- Entries are generally of a high quality, given the requirements the entrant must go through for an entry;
- Games of skill are a great way to incentivise staff to achieve sales targets.
For more information on how to run your next game of skill, please contact the Plexus Promotion Wizard team.
Do I need a competition permit for running a game of skill promotion?
Games of skill competitions do not require competition trade permits and therefore they are generally quick to set up;
Want end-to-end legal support for your competitions and promotions? Promotion Wizard is 90% faster and half the cost of traditional legal firms.