Terms & Conditions
Back A Hump For A Chance To Win A Lump ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Prize Conditions:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Back A Hump For A Chance To Win A Lump
Metcash Trading Limited (ALM) ABN 61 000 031 569, 5691 Thomas Holt Drive, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: 02 9741 3000
Start date: 14/06/21 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: 12/07/21 at 11.00pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents (excluding WA) who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- purchase a participating product during the period specified below from any Thirsty Camel store displaying promotional material (excluding online) ("Participating Venues"); and
- scan the QR code located at the checkout or go to https://www.thirstycamel.com.au/competitions/back-a-hump-win-a-lump to complete the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, phone number and full address) and choice of the colour of a camel (from the options listed) to back in the Thirsty Camel 1500m Race at the Boulia Camel Races (taking place from July 16-18, 2021). Entrants must also upload a copy of their qualifying purchase receipt at the time of submitting their entry.
Only entrants who have selected the winning camel in the Thirsty Camel 1500m Race at the Boulia Camel Races will be entered into the prize draw. In the case a camel is scratched prior to the race taking place, all entrants who have selected that colour camel will be allocated a replacement camel. The replacement camel will be the camel that comes next alphabetically (according to the colour of the camel). In the case that the Boulia Camel Races do not go ahead for any reason, the Promoter will enter all entrants into the prize draw (regardless of any camel selections made). In the case that no entrants select the winning camel, all entrants will be entered into the prize draw.
Participating Products (14/06/21-12/07/21):
- Carlton Dry 330mL or 375mL 24 Pack
- Great Northern Super Crisp 330mL or 375mL 24 Pack
- Heineken 330mL 24 Pack
- Canadian Club and Dry 375mL 10 Pack Varieties
- Jim Beam and Cola 375mL 10 Pack Varieties
- Somersby Cider 330mL 6 Pack Varieties
- Gordons Gin 700mL
- Johnnie Walker Red Label Blended Scotch Whisky 700mL
- XXXX Gold Blocks 375mL 30 Pack Cans
- Furphy Ale 375mL 24 Pack
- Great Northern Zero 330mL 24 Pack
- Canadian Club 6% 375mL 10 Pack Varieties
- Jim Beam White Double Serve 375mL 10 Pack Varieties
- Canadian Club Whisky 700mL
- Jim Beam White Label 700mL
- Vodka Cruiser 275mL 4 Pack Varieties
Proof of Purchase: The entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt and a copied receipt.
Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) limit one (1) entry per transaction; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above. The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize (excludes SA residents). By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Prize 1: The prize is $10,000.00 paid by direct deposit to the winner's nominated bank account.
Draw: computerised random selection - 20/07/21 at 10:00 am AEST
Prize 2: The prize is $4,000.00 paid by direct deposit to the winner's nominated bank account.
Draw: computerised random selection - 20/07/21 at 10:00 am AEST
Prize 3: The prize is $1,000.00 paid by direct deposit to the winner's nominated bank account.
Draw: computerised random selection - 20/07/21 at 10:00 am AEST
The winners must provide the Promoter with the details of their nominated Australian bank account that is held in the winner’s name within five (5) business days of being notified that they have won a prize (by sending the Promoter a copy of a bank statement showing the winner’s nominated bank account details, name and current residential address).
The winners will be contacted in writing within fourteen (14) days of the draw. The winners will be published on the Thirsty Camel website https://www.thirstycamel.com.au/competitions/back-a-hump-win-a-lump
Prizes must be claimed by 23/08/21 at 10:00 am AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 24/08/21 at 10:00 am AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified in writing within fourteen (14) days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) on the Thirsty Camel website https://www.thirstycamel.com.au/competitions/back-a-hump-win-a-lump on 31/08/21.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at https://www.thirstycamel.com.au/competitions/back-a-hump-win-a-lump
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 10:00 am AEST on 20/07/21 using computerised random selection.
- The first three (3) valid entries drawn will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above.
- The major prize will be drawn first and the other minor prizes will be drawn in descending order of value.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in How to Enter for each entry as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant's respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant's right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as an eligible store; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
- The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/publications/australian-guidelines-reduce-health-risks-drinking-alcohol. Please refer to the GL4001 'Liquor promotion guidelines' and GL4003 'Intoxication guidelines' at https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP21/00664, NSW Authority No. TP/00995 and SA Permit No. T21/624.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.