Terms & Conditions
“BEN & JERRY’S EASTER HUNT” AR GAME ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian & New Zealand residents. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- The Augmented Reality (AR) experience (game) is designed for and suitable for people of all ages, however a child between 13 years of age and 16 years of age may need an adult present to ensure safe use.
- Internet access is required to participate in the game. Please note, data usage will be charged dependent on your data plan.
- When playing the game, you are responsible for your own safety. Ben & Jerry’s take no responsibility for accident, injury or any other circumstances arising from playing the game.
- The promotion spans over a 22-day period, starting from 00:00 AEDT 16th March 2021 and ending on 23:59 AEST 6th April 2021 (“Promotional Period”). This promotion will be comprised of one (1) component: a game of chance component (“Easter Hunt Competition”).
- To enter the Easter Hunt Competition, eligible individuals must, during the Promotional Period:
- Have access to a smart phone with internet or mobile data access
- Go to www.benjerryhunt.com.
- Register with a valid email address. This will involve a quick email confirmation to complete registration.
- After you have registered you will receive instructions and you can begin collecting Vatoms (i.e. hidden digital objects) across various locations in Australia & New Zealand for your chance to win prizes. Please note, you will not be able to collect Vatoms if you haven’t registered.
- You will be able to collect up to 4 Vatoms per day
- Once a Vatom is collected, it will be stored in your wallet.
- Every collected Vatom corresponds to a prize which could be redeemed at any Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shop in Australia.
- All Vatoms will expire at 11:59pm AEST on 4th May 2021, following which the Vatom will be removed from your wallet if left unredeemed.
- You will be able to redeem up to 2 Vatoms per day in participating Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops (where applicable).
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. The Easter Hunt Competition is a game of chance. Each Vatom will have a prize attached to it. All Vatoms appear the same on the map. Vatom acquisition simply depends on the entrant who picks it up the fastest.
12. The entrants who have acquired the Vatoms are eligible to redeem the corresponding prizes as reflected on each Vatom’s facecard.
13. All winners will be notified straight away on www.benjerryhunt.com, detailing the prize won with a unique reference number. In addition, winners will receive email notification within 7 days after completion of a redemption application form.
14. If you are a winner and have any queries, please contact [email protected].
15. It is the responsibility of the winner to supply the correct personal and delivery details. We will not be liable for the non-delivery of any prize because of incorrect information and will assume any returned prizes have been rejected.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. Total AU prize pool value is up to AU$222,682.80:
(a) 7,890 x Single Scoop of Netflix & Chill’d in Waffle Cone (valued at AU$6.40);
(b) 3,930 x Single Scoop of Chip Happens in Waffle Cone (valued at AU$6.40);
(c) 3,930 x Single Scoop of Cherry Garcia in Waffle Cone (valued at AU$6.40);
(d) 1,560 x Boots on the Moon Handpacked Pint (valued at AU$14.99);
(e) 30 x 1 Year Free Ice Cream (in the form of 52 pints of icecream – voucher provided every week for a year) (valued at AU$779.48);
(f) 60 x 1 Medium Cake of Chocolate Therapy (valued at AU$139.90);
(g) 30 x 1 Free Catering Event (for up to 30 people) (valued at AU$210)
(h) 40 x Merlin SEA Life Double Passes (valued at AU$48);
(i) 40 x HOYTS Cinema Double Passes (valued at AU$50).
(j) 13,000 x Free Upgrade to a dipped cone with any cup purchase (valued at AU$0.50);
(k) 5,000 x Free additional scoop of Berry Berry Sorbet ice cream with any ice cream purchase (valued at AU$2);
(l) 5,000 x Free brownie with any ice cream purchase (valued at AU$4); and
(m) 5,000 x Free cookie with any ice cream purchase (valued at AU$4).
Total NZ prize pool value is up to NZ$100,500.08
(a) 2,104 x Single Scoop of Netflix & Chill’d in Waffle Cone (valued at NZ$6.40);
(b) 1,048 x Single Scoop of Chip Happens in Waffle Cone (valued at NZ$6.40);
(c) 1,048 x Single Scoop of Cherry Garcia in Waffle Cone (valued at NZ$6.40)
(d) 416 x Boots on the Moon Handpacked Pint (valued at NZ$14.99);
(e) 8 x 1 Year Free Ice Cream (in the form of 52 pints of icecream – voucher provided every week for a year) (valued at NZ$779.48);
(f) 16 x 1 Medium Cake of Chocolate Therapy (valued at NZ$139.90);
(g) 8 x 1 Free Catering Event (for up to 30 people) (valued at NZ$210);
(h) 10 x Merlin SEA Life Vouchers (valued at NZ$48 and
(i) 10 x HOYTS Cinema (valued at NZ$25).
(j) 13,000 x Free Upgrade to a dipped cone with any cup purchase (valued at NZ$0.50)
(k) 5,000 x Free additional scoop of Berry Berry Sorbet ice cream with any ice cream purchase (valued at NZ$2)
(l) 5,000 x Free brownie with any ice cream purchase (valued at NZ$4)
(m) 5,000 x Free cookie with any ice cream purchase (valued at NZ$4)
19. The total value of prizes to be awarded in the ACT is $13,591.20 and the total value of prizes to be awarded in SA is $6,795.60.
20. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
21. Prizes (b) and (c) flavours are subject to availability in scoop shops. If sold out customers can select a different flavour of choice.
22. Prizes (e) and (f) are emailed to the winner in the form of an electronic voucher. All vouchers have their own T&Cs presented with the voucher.
23. If a prize is provided by a third party, the prize is subject to all applicable terms of the third party.
24. Entrants will also be eligible for a ‘Buy-one-get-one-free’ Single Scoop Waffle Cone voucher (as a Vatom) with every prize. These vouchers will expire at 11:59pm AEST on 4th May 2021.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. Any costs and expenses which the winner may incur in connection with participating in the game or enjoying their prize will be at the sole expense of the winner.
28. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
32. The copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the game belong to the Promoter or our licensed owner. Entrants can use the game only as expressly authorised by the Promoter or our licensors. Entrants will not assist or facilitate anyone to, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, frame, commercially exploit or create derivative works of the game and its content. Entrants agree not to use the game in any manner that may be illegal, insulting, offensive or disrespectful or may bring the Promotor or our partners into disrepute.
33. The Promoter is Unilever Australia (ABN 66 004 050 828) of 219 North Rocks Road, North Rocks, Sydney NSW 2151.
Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP21/00225, NSW Authority No. TP/00307 and SA Permit No. T21/215.
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Plexus’ terms and conditions generator can assist with the complete life cycle of your promotion, from drafting terms and conditions to contacting and publishing prize winners.