Terms & Conditions
Buy a Heineken and Get one for a Friend ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible claimants:
- How To Claim:
- Claims permitted:
- Free drink details:
- Further Terms:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Buy a Heineken and Get one for a Friend
Lion - Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Ltd ABN 13 008 596 370, Level 7, 68 York St, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. Ph: 1800 677 852
Start date: 01/02/21 at 9:00 am AEDT
End date: 31/03/21 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Claims are only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over (excluding QLD residents).
How To Claim:
To claim a free drink, the claimant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) scan the QR code to access the ‘Heineken Buy One Get One Free App’ and follow the prompts to provide their date of birth, name, email address and postcode. Individuals who follow the instructions above will then receive an email with a link to claim a free drink for their friend;
b) activate the ‘free drink’ offer and then purchase a 570ml pint of Heineken from any venue displaying the promotional material ("Participating Venue") and show the activated ‘free drink offer’ to bar staff at the Participating Venue to receive a free second 570ml pint of Heineken for a friend. The free drink must be redeemed and taken at the time the first drink is purchased.
The free drink must be claimed within fifteen (15) minutes of the offer being activated.
This Promotion is subject to opening hours and availability of Participating Venues. Participating Venues may be required to close without warning as a result of any government imposed regulations relating to COVID-19.
Only one (1) eligible claim per person will be accepted.
Free drink details:
The free drink is a 570ml pint of draught Heineken valued at up to $12, depending on the Participating Venue of redemption.
- The claimant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) and that claiming a free drink in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Claim have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period").
- Valid and eligible claims will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to claim. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter warrants that it shall not encourage: rapid or irresponsible consumption of alcohol; intoxication; the consumption of alcohol by minors; anti-social behaviour; or the consumption of alcohol in restricted alcohol or alcohol-free zones. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/publications/attachments/ds10-alcohol.pdf. The NSW liquor promotion guidelines and intoxication guidelines are available at http://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au. Claim and continued participation in this Promotion is subject to a Participating Venue's liquor serving policy.
- The value of the free drink will vary depending on the Participating Venue of redemption. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the free drink.
- The free drink is not exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other drink or item or otherwise transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- The free drink will be awarded to the claimant to pass onto their friend. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
- The free drink is subject to any terms and conditions of the Participating Venue and the provision of the free drink is the sole responsibility of the Participating Venue and not the Promoter. Participating Venues reserve the right to refuse to award a free drink to any person for any reason (including but not limited to intoxication or lack of sufficient identification). The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by a Participating Venue to award a free drink.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Claim restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected claims, or suspend or modify the offer to award a free drink.
- The Promoter (and Participating Venues) reserve the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of claims and claimant's details (including a claimant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a claimant cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter/Participating Venue to validate their claim, the claimant will forfeit the free drink in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible claims, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to claim a free drink. Claims containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to claim a free drink. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and may render all claims submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify claims in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Claim. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a free drink, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the claimant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or consuming any free drink (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The claimant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Plexus’ terms and conditions generator can assist with the complete life cycle of your promotion, from drafting terms and conditions to contacting and publishing prize winners.