Terms & Conditions
Coates Hire Orange Army ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- State Prize Pool Breakdown:
- Prize Details:
- Further Prize Details:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Coates Hire Orange Army
Coates Hire Operations Pty Limited ABN 99 074 126 971, 241 O'Riordan St, Level 6, Mascot, NSW 2020, Australia. Ph: 0433 977 582
Start date: 03/05/21 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: 30/05/21 at 08:00 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must, during the Promotional Period:
- spend $250 or more in one transaction at any Coates store within Australia displaying advertising for this Promotion or at www.coateshire.com.au; andIf purchase in store, provide their full name, phone, email and address to store staff member at the time of purchase. Personal details will be recorded for entry into the draw.
Multiple entries permitted, with every $250 spent in each transaction equaling one entry. Any money spent will not roll over from one transaction to the next. The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize (excluding SA resident). There is a maximum of 40 entries permitted per customer over the course of the Promotion.
Total Prize Pool:
State Prize Pool Breakdown:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Prize Details: The prize is an Ultimate State of Origin experience for the winner plus a guest including return flights from their nearest capital city (except VIC winners), accommodation (one (1) night accommodation for NSW, QLD, VIC, ACT, SA & TAS winners and two (2) nights accommodation for NT and WA winners), ground transfers in Melbourne, behind the scenes MCG tour, VIP lunch, State of Origin tickets and a merchandise pack.
Prize are allocated by State/Territory as follows:
Draw: computerised random selection - 31/05/21 at 10:00 am AEST
Further Prize Details:
The following conditions apply to the prize:
- Winners from NSW, QLD, ACT, SA and TAS must be available to fly to Melbourne on Wednesday 9th June on the allocated flight, and return to their home capital city on Thursday 10th June.
- Winners from NT and WA must be available to fly to Melbourne on Tuesday 8th June on the allocated flight, and return to their home capital city on Thursday 10th June.
- Winners from VIC must be available to take the prize on Wednesday 9th June and are responsible for making their own way to and from the accommodation venue.
- The State of Origin game is subject to any government imposed COVID-19 restrictions. In the event that the prize cannot be awarded as intended, the Promoter reserves the right to offer a substitute prize.
- By entering the Promotion and accepting the prize, the winner consents to the Promoter filming and photographing them and using the footage and images in marketing material, advertising, social media and other promotional materials.
- The third-party provider of flights, accommodation and transfers is at the discretion of the Promoter and all travel is non-transferable.
- The State of Origin Game tickets are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or their companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description, are not included.
- The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- The winner and their companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at accommodation check in.
The winners will be notified by email within one (1) day of the draw (31/05/21). The winners will be published at www.coateshire.com.au by 01/06/21.
Prizes must be claimed by 01/06/21 at 11:00 am AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 01/06/21 at 12:00 pm AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email within one (1) day of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) at www.coateshire.com.au within one (1) day of the redraw.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the participating venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 10:00 am AEST on 31/05/21 using computerised random selection.
- Entries will be divided into State/Territory groups and prizes will be drawn as follows:
- The first eighteen (18) valid entries draw from NSW will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above;
- The first eighteen (18) valid entries draw from QLD will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above;
- The first two (2) valid entries draw from VIC will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above;
- The first two (2) valid entries draw from SA will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above;
- The first two (2) valid entries draw from WA will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above;
- The first valid entries draw from NT will be the winner of the prizes specified in the Schedule above;
- The first valid entries draw from TAS will be the winner of the prizes specified in the Schedule above; and
- The first two (2) valid entries draw from ACT will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in the case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP21/00654.1, NSW Authority No. TP/00992 and SA Permit No. T21/617
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.