Terms & Conditions
Emirates Australian Open 2023 Golden Ticket ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter/Win:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Prize Conditions:
- Winner notification:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Emirates Australian Open 2023 Golden Ticket
Emirates ABN 81 073 569 696, Level 17, 1 York Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Start date: 17/01/23 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 17/01/23 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to attendees of Emirates Day at the Australian Open 2023 on 17/01/23. Persons under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to collect a cushion/enter and claim a prize.
How to Enter/Win:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- attend the Emirates Day at the Australian Open 2023 on 17/01/23; and
- collect an Emirates cushion at the Australian Open on Emirates Day (cushions will be distributed at the grand slam oval entrance, while stocks last).
One cushion will feature a printed Golden Ticket velcroed to the back of the cushion. The entrant who receives this cushion will win the Golden Ticket Package Prize outlined below. The winner must follow instructions (as outlined on the Golden Ticket) to contact the Promoter’s representative (BCW) on 17/01/23 to claim the prize.
Limit one (1) cushion permitted per person.
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is a Golden Ticket Prize Package which consists of the following:
The maximum notional value of the prize is AUD$166,500.00
- All costs associated with travel to and from the Australian Open for the prize will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest.
- This prize is for or relates to Men's Final Match at Australian Open 2023 at Rod Laver Arena on 29/01/23 (the “Event”). If the winner is unwilling or unable to attend at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- If the winner is under the age of 18, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must be the guest for the prize.
- The tickets element of the prize is subject to the Event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
- The 150,000 Emirates Skywards Miles prize will be credited to the winner's existing Emirates Skywards Membership Account. If a winner does not have an Emirates Skywards Membership Account , he/she must open an account in order to receive the prize. The prize is awarded and must be redeemed in accordance with and subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Emirates Skywards Programme Rules https://www.emirates.com/au/en.... If the winner is under the age of 18, the 150,000 Emirates Skywards Miles prize will be awarded to the registered parent or guardian. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Skywards Miles are valid for a period of three years from the date on which the prize is issued to the winner’s account. Skywards Miles will expire (and be deducted from a member's account) at the end of the month of a member's birthday on/after the third anniversary of the date on which Emirates Skywards Miles prize are credited to the winner’s account.
The winner will be published on BCW AU & NZ’s Instagram account (@bcwaunz) by 20/01/23.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period").
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Printing and other quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Instant win game materials void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prize is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prize (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner’s behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guest) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.