Terms & Conditions
Family and Friends Referral Campaign ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible claimants:
- How to Claim:
- Further Details:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Family and Friends Referral Campaign
EnergyAustralia Pty Ltd ABN 99 086 014 968, Level 19, Two Melbourne Quarter, 697 Collins Street, Docklands, VIC 3008, Australia. Ph: 133 466
Start date: 09/07/21 at 9:00 am AEST
End date: 02/09/21 at 11:59 pm AEST
Claims are only open to permanent employees of the Promoter with an active EnergyAustralia email address. Claimants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to take part. For the sake of clarity, contractors who do not have an EnergyAustralia email address are not eligible to take part in this Promotion.
Claimants must have a smartphone capable of accepting credit to their digital wallet app in order to claim.
How to Claim:
To claim a gift, the claimant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- refer their family and friends to sign for an EnergyAustralia electricity, gas or internet account; and
- request that their referred family/friend input their (i.e. the referrer’s) EnergyAustralia email address when prompted during the online sign up process. Referred friends must sign up through one of the following ‘Family and Friends’ URLs in order to input the referrer’s email address:
- Home energy: energyaustralia.com.au/familyandfriends;
- Home nbn internet: energyaustralia.com.au/nbn; or
- Business energy: energyaustralia.com.au/bizreferral.
Once the above steps have been completed, the claimant will receive an email with a link to an online form. The claimant must enter their mobile phone number to receive an SMS with a link to a Digital Prepaid Mastercard™ credit (which can be saved to a wallet on their smartphone).
The claimant will receive a $10 Digital Prepaid Mastercard™ credit for each eligible account sign-up (i.e. If the claimant refers a friend who signs up for electricity, gas and internet through EnergyAustralia, they will receive a total of $30 in Digital Prepaid Mastercard™ credit).
The top five (5) claimants who have the most referrals at the end of the Promotional Period will also receive a bonus gift, as outlined below:
Top 1 Referrer
$400 Digital Prepaid Mastercard™ credit
Top 2 Referrer
$300 Digital Prepaid Mastercard™ credit
Top 3 Referrer
$200 Digital Prepaid Mastercard ™credit
Top 4 Referrer
$50 Digital Prepaid Mastercard™ credit
Top 5 Referrer
$50 Digital Prepaid Mastercard™ credit
In the event of a tie for any of the above gifts, the gift will be awarded to the claimant to first reach the highest number of successful referrals (according to the Promoter’s records).
Digital Prepaid Mastercard™ credit lasts for six (6) months from the time of activation.
Claimants must not engage in cold-calling or door knocking practices in taking part in this Promotion. In addition, claimants must not make any promises that potential customers will save money by signing up with EnergyAustralia. Potential customers should instead be referred to the Cost Comparison Calculator on the EnergyAustralia website.
- The claimant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) and that claiming a gift in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Claim have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the claimant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible claims will be accepted during the Promotional Period, while Gift stocks last.
- No part of a gift is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other gift or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- Each gift will be awarded to the person named in the referral details and any claim that is made on behalf of a claimant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
- The gift is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party gift supplier and the provision of the gift is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the gift at the time it is issued to the claimant will prevail over these Conditions of Claim, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the gift, any delay or failure relating to the gift itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Claim or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Claim restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a gift.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of claims and claimant's details (including a claimant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a claimant cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their claim, the claimant will forfeit the gift in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible claims, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to claim a gift. Claims containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to claim a gift. The use of any automated claim software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and may render all claims submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify claims in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Claim. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a gift, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the claimant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any gift (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The claimant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the claimant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the gift or acceptance of the gift.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Looking for a terms and conditions template in Australia? Plexus’ Promotion Wizard is the tool you need to ensure your competition runs smoothly.