Terms & Conditions
Golden Ticket - Nat Con 2021 ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Winner Determination:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Prize Conditions:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Golden Ticket - Nat Con 2021
Corporate Counsel Pty Ltd t/a ACC Australia ABN 11 118 343 687, C/O BlueRock Accounting, 16/414 La Trobe St, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia. Ph: 03 9248 5522
Start date: 05/11/21 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 09/11/21 at 04:30 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over and attendees of the 2021 In-house Legal Virtual Conference.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must take part in the 2021 In-house Legal Virtual Conference, with interactions earning points, during the Promotional Period.
Registrants to the 2021 In-house Legal Virtual Conference will be sent a link to access the 2021 In-house Legal Virtual Conference website which will list the exact number of points awarded per task completed. Potential example of tasks include: asking a question, participating in a session poll, visiting a sponsor, etc. Tracking of task completion will be determined automatically via the conference platform and/or via manual recording through any conference administrators.
- The entrant who earns the highest number of ‘points’ at the 2021 In-house Legal Virtual Conference during the Promotional Period, will be deemed the winner and receive the prize outlined below.
- Tie-Break Mechanic: In the event of a tie for the prize, the tied entrant who obtains the highest number of points for visiting exhibitors will be deemed the winner. If there is still a tie, the Promoter will award the prize to the remaining tied entrant who entered the 2021 In-house Legal Virtual Conference first.
- The winner will be determined by skill. The Promoter’s decision regarding number of points achieved by each entrant is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Total Prize Pool:
Up to AUD $3,500.00
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is a trip for the winner only to the In-house Legal National Conference 2022 which includes:
Up to AUD$3,500.00, depending on exact date and point of departure
- Travel must be taken on the dates specified by the Promoter to coincide with the In-house National Legal Virtual Conference 2022 event. If the winner is unavailable on unwilling to travel on the dates required by the Promoter to coincide with this event, they will forfeit their right to the prize and will not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
- Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description, are not included.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at accommodation check in.
The winner will be announced in the closing remarks of the In-house Legal Virtual Conference on Friday 20 November 2021. The winner will be published in the next released ACC Australia Newsletter.
In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entrant with the next highest number of valid points, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prize is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prize (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.