Terms & Conditions
Great Aussie Coin Hunt $1,000 Prize ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Great Aussie Coin Hunt $1,000 Prize
Australian Postal Corporation ABN 28 864 970 579, 111 Bourke St, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia.
Start date: 09/05/22 at 12:00 am AEST
End date: 05/06/22 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- purchase The Great Aussie Coin Hunt Folder and 26-Coin Tube set (“Eligible Product”) from any Australia Post outlet nationally which stocks the product or at auspost.com.au/great-aussie-coin-hunt ("Participating Venues"); and
- visit the promotional website (via scanning the QR code found inside the tube product), and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details as requested and the unique code found below the QR code.
Proof of Purchase: The entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is the token inside the product which contains the QR code and unique code.
Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following:
- only one (1) entry permitted per Eligible Product purchased in accordance with the entry instructions;
- each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements;
- only one (1) unique code per entry is permitted;
- the same unique code cannot be used more than once; and
- unrecognised codes will be deemed invalid.
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is $1,000 sent via Money Order.
28 (1 prize per Daily Draw)
Daily Draws: computerised random selection - from 10/05/2022 to 06/06/2022 at 10:00 am AEST.
The winners will be contacted by phone and email within seven (7) business days of the draw. The winners will be published at https://auspost.com.au/ within two (2) business day of the draw.
Prizes must be claimed by 07/07/22 at 10:00 am AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 07/07/22 at 10:00 am AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by phone and email within seven (7) business days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) auspost.com.au/great-aussie-coin-hunt by 08/07/22.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at auspost.com.au/great-aussie-coin-hunt.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Daily Draws:
- There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each day of the Promotional Period, for a total of 28 draws (“Daily Draws”). Subject to the starting and closing time of the Promotional Period, entries into each Daily Draw will open and close each day based on Australian Eastern Standard Time. Each Daily Draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 10:00 am AEST on the business day after entries close for that Daily Draw, with the first Daily Draw taking place on 10/05/22 and the last Daily Draw taking place on 06/06/22. For the removal of doubt, no draws will be conducted during the weekend or on a public holiday in Victoria, Australia. Entries in each Daily Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Daily Draw(s).
- The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
- The first valid entry drawn in each Daily Draw will win the prize specified in the Schedule above.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Enter section for each entry as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant's respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant's right to a prize.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 21/02264, NSW Authority No. TP/01565 and SA Permit No. T21/2042.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Looking for a terms and conditions template in Australia? Plexus’ Promotion Wizard is the tool you need to ensure your competition runs smoothly.