Terms & Conditions
#IChooseOptus Offer – Tasmania only ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible claimants:
- How to Claim:
- Claims permitted:
- Gift Conditions:
- Further Terms and Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Optus Administration Pty Ltd ABN 79 055 136 804, 1 Lyonpark Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: (02) 8082 7800
Start date: 23/11/20 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 20/12/20 at 05:00 pm AEDT or once all gifts available are exhausted
Entry is only open to TAS residents who are 18 years and over and who purchase an Optus Postpaid mobile service during the Promotional Period.
Promotion is open to new customers as well as existing Optus Postpaid mobile service customers who re-contract during the Promotional Period.
The Optus Postpaid mobile service purchase must take place in accordance with the How to Claim instructions below to qualify.
How to Claim:
To claim a gift, the claimant must, during the Promotional Period:
- visit one of the 4x Participating Optus stores in Tasmania (i.e. either Yes Optus Hobart, Yes Optus Rosny Park, Yes Optus Launceston or Yes Optus Devonport);
- purchase an Optus Postpaid mobile service; and
- during the same store visit of purchase:
- receive information regarding this Promotion from store staff;
- take a photo/video of a new Optus product or a selfie within the Participating Store*;
- upload the photo/video to their Instagram account sharing why they chose Optus (e.g. was it for #GreatService, #GreatValue, etc) and tagging a friend (in the caption) that should join Optus, using the hashtag #IChooseOptus *; and
- after they have uploaded the photo/video, confirm to store staff they have completed the above process.
*Must be via the claimant’s own personal device. Promotion may only be entered during the participating store’s opening hours during the Promotional Period. Claimants must ensure their Instagram account privacy setting is set to public (i.e. not 'private') to be eligible for this Promotion.
On completion of the above, Optus staff will provide the eligible customer with a $50 VISA gift card, while stocks last.
The number of gift cards available be participating store is outlined below:
- Yes Optus Hobart: 66x $50 VISA gift cards
- Yes Optus Launceston: 66x $50 VISA gift cards
- Yes Optus Rosny Park: 82x $50 VISA gift cards
- Yes Optus Devonport: 50x $50 VISA gift cards
The gift may only be claimed during the same store visit of purchase of the Optus Postpaid mobile service.
Limit one (1) gift claim permitted per account holder (i.e. if multiple Optus Postpaid mobile services are purchased by the one (1) account holder, the claimant is only eligible to receive one (1) gift card).
- The VISA gift card must be activated by the claimant within 6 months from the date of purchase by the Promoter.
- The VISA gift card has a 12 month validity from the date of purchase by the Promoter.
- The VISA gift card is loaded with $50 only and cannot be topped up.
- The VISA gift card cannot be used at an ATM or used for contactless payments (contains magstripe).
- Further instructions / terms will be included in the standard letter from Universal Gifts Cards (the supplier) that accompanies the VISA gift card. For more information see https://universalgiftcard.com.au/terms.aspx
- Optus is not responsible if the VISA gift card is misplaced / lost and will not cover any replacement fees.
- Claimant must contact Universal Gift Card’s support team directly, by email[email protected] and / or phone 1300 128 219, for any assistance with the VISA gift card once they have received it. If the claimant contacts Optus, Optus will transfer the enquiry to Universal Gift Card’s support team.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the VISA gift card are not included in the gift. Any unused balance of the VISA gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the VISA gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the VISA gift card. For more information see https://universalgiftcard.com.au/terms.aspx
Further Terms and Conditions:
- The claimant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) and that claiming a gift in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Claim have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the claimant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible claims will be accepted during the Promotional Period, while gift stocks last.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the participating stores, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to claim. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- No part of a gift is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other gift or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
- If a gift is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the gift is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party gift supplier and the provision of the gift is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the gift at the time it is issued to the claimant will prevail over these Conditions of Claim, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the gift, any delay or failure relating to the gift itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Claim or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Claim restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a gift.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of claims and claimant's details (including a claimant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a claimant cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the claimant will forfeit the gift in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible claims, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to claim a gift. Claims containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to claim a gift. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and may render all claims submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify claims in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Claim. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the claimant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any gift (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The claimant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the claimant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the gift or acceptance of the gift.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.