Terms & Conditions
Internal Pressed Cream Trivia Night ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible Entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Trivia Game:
- Individual Games:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Internal Pressed Cream Trivia Night
L'Oreal Australia Pty Ltd ABN 40 004 191 673, 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia. Ph: 03 8680 0000
Start date: 17/05/22 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: 18/05/22 at 05:00 pm AEST
Entry is only open to VIC residents who are 18 years and over and are employees of the Promoter.
All persons part of a Team must comply with the eligibility criteria above and will be considered an entrant for the purposes of the general conditions below.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, during the Promotional Period, the entrant must form and register a group of 6-8 people (“Team”) via https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=2avh5MfqcUqrUtpcmYqnuqYreXPvCyNAshvyhIC3yhxUMEkxWFBOSjNYMzBXT0M5VTRXS1FNTk0zUy4u and the Team must participate in the Trivia and Individual Games to be held on 20/05/22 from 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm AEST at Level 6 at L’Oreal Australia Head office 564 St Kilda Road Melbourne (“Event”).
Any person who completes the entry form on behalf of their team must obtain consent from all members of the team to be entered into this Promotion and provide their details as part of the entry requirements.
During the Event, each Team will be required to participate in the Trivia Game. Point/s will be awarded to a Team for correctly answering trivia questions. Exact number of point/s awarded for each correct answer will be notified to entrants at the Event itself. The Team with the highest number of points will receive a $1,000 VISA or EFTPOS gift card (“Trivia Prize”). The prize will be shared evenly between the members of the winning team. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
The prize will be delivered to winners within 45 days of the Event.
In the event of a tie for the win, each tied Team must nominate one (1) team member (each a “Competitor”) to compete in a head-to-head tie break game. The tie break game will consist of the host asking the Competitors for the height (in meters) of a famous structure from around the world. The Competitor that guesses first will be decided via either a coin toss or a round of rock-paper-scissors. Competitors will take turns guessing the height of the structure, with each answer being responded to with either: ‘higher’ or ‘lower’ by the host until the exact height is guessed correctly. The Team whose nominated Competitor provides the correct answer first will be awarded the Trivia Prize.
During the Event all team members must also participate in each Individual Game as outlined below.
Individual Game 1: Heads and Tails
Each individual must stand up in order to participate in this game. Each individual will be asked a series of true or false questions. Based on whether they think the answer is ‘true’ or ‘false’ each individual will either place their hands on their head for ‘true’ or hips for ‘false’. All individuals who answer incorrectly will be eliminated and are required to sit down. Questions will continue to be asked until there is one winner. For example, in the event there are 10 people in a round and only 1 person answers correctly, declaring them the first place winner. The remaining 9 people will then stand up and start again to compete for second place winner until the third place winner is determined. In the event everyone answers wrong in a round then they will repeat the round with a different question.
Individual Game 2: Heads and Tails with Buzzers games
Each individual will have to complete the same mechanic of Individual Game 1 (as set out above) until four (4) finalists are determined. The four (4) finalists will be called to come up to a table at the front with buzzers on each table. Each finalist is assigned to a buzzer. Ten (10) rapid fire questions will then be asked to each finalist. The first one to press their buzzer is given the opportunity to answer. Each individual who provides a correct answer will receive 1 point. If an individual gives an incorrect answer they will not receive any point. If no one ‘buzzes’ to answer a question, the question will be skipped and the host will move to the next question. The individual to answer the most correct questions wins. The top three (3) scoring players will be ranked first, second and third based on score obtained, and will win a prize outlined below.
Tie Breaker (for Individual Game 1 & Individual Game 2):
In the event of a tie between two (2) or more individuals for winning position, a tie-breaker question will be asked. The first individual who correctly answers the question will be declared the winner.
Individual Games Prizes (for Individual Game 1 & Individual Game 2):
For each Individual Game, the top three (3) placed players will win one (1) of the prizes outlined below.
The first place winner in each Individual Game will have first pick of one (1) prize from the three (3) prizes listed below. The second prize winner in each Individual Game will be able to choose one (1) prize between the remaining two (2) prize options and third place winner in each Individual Game will win the remaining prize.
Value (per prize)
Prize 1: 2 x adult Gold Class tickets to Village Cinemas at any Village Cinemas where Gold Class is available within Australia.
Prize 2: 1 x $88 St. Remy Café voucher, redeemable at St. Remy Café, Level 13, L'Oréal Australia Head Office.
Prize 3: 1 x 750ml bottle of Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label Champagne
Voucher Prize Conditions: Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
Tickets Prize Conditions:
The Village Cinemas Gold Class tickets are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
Each eligible individual may only register and participate as part of one (1) Team only.
Total Prize Pool:
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. Entries for the purposes of the following general terms refers both to registrations and relates to participation in games.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Registrations are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible registrations will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Tickets or rights for alcohol prizes will not be distributed by or to any person under 18, nor can a person under 18 dispense or collect an alcohol prize. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcoholic beverage prize if it would breach any relevant laws or codes including those relating to the responsible service of alcohol. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Looking for a terms and conditions template in Australia? Plexus’ Promotion Wizard is the tool you need to ensure your competition runs smoothly.