Terms & Conditions
It's Guinness Weather ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Active Periods:
- Eligible claimants:
- How to Claim:
- Claims permitted:
- Total Gift Pool:
- Gift Details:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
It's Guinness Weather
Lion - Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Ltd ABN 13 008 596 370, Level 7, 68 York St, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. Ph: 1800 677 852
Start date: 04/07/22 at 12:01 am AEST
End date: 31/07/22 at 11:59 pm AEST, while gift stocks last
Claimants are allowed to complete the registration form on the promotional website at any time during the Promotional Period. The platform will only distribute the prepaid digital cashcards to claimants when the temperature of the weather is between 5 and 7 degrees celsius during the Promotional Period. The Promoter will automatically update the Promotional website as determined by BOM Albury weather station when the aforementioned requirements are met (Station ID: 072160 Name: ALBURY AIRPORT AWS) (each an “Active Period”).
This offer is only open to NSW and VIC residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Claim:
To claim a gift, the claimant must complete the following steps during an Active Period, while gift stocks last:
- visit www.guinness-season.com follow the prompts to the Promotion claim page; and fully complete and submit the online registration form with all required details; and
- after completing the registration form, and once the temperature range is between 5 and 7 degrees celsius, the claimant will receive a SMS text message with instructions, an activation code and a link to download the Vault payments app, and must follow the prompts to download the app onto their compatible mobile phone device and enter the activation code provided and their mobile number.
The claimant must activate their prepaid digital card within 24 hours or else the activation code will expire. Once activated the claimant can add the prepaid digital cashcard to their native Apple or Google Wallets within their mobile phone device.
The claimant can then visit a participating venue (use the ‘pub finder’ tool at www.guinness-season.com for list of participating venues based on their location/postcode), order a Guinness Draught, and pay for it with the Guinness-branded $15 Prepaid Digital Card. Redemption of the Digital Card may only take place during the Promotional Period.
Claimants who don't complete the card activation process in the Vault Payments app within 24 hours, will forfeit that prepaid digital cashcard, as the activation link will expire, and they will need to wait until the next time the temperature range is between 5 and 7 degrees celsius to receive the next activation SMS.
Limit one (1) claim permitted per person.
Total Gift Pool:
Number of this Gift
Value (per gift)
Guinness-branded $15 Prepaid Digital card
For full terms and conditions of the Prepaid Digital card, see guinness-season.com/prepaid-terms.
- The claimant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) and that claiming a gift in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Claim have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the claimant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible claims will be accepted during the Promotional Period, while stocks last.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of participating venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to claim. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Claimants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcoholic beverage if it would breach any relevant laws or codes including those relating to the responsible service of alcohol. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol.
- No part of a gift is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other item or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- Each gift will be awarded to the person named in the claim and any claim that is made on behalf of a claimant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
- If a gift is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the gift is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party gift supplier and the provision of the gift is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the gift at the time it is issued to the claimant will prevail over these Conditions of Claim, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the gift, any delay or failure relating to the gift itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Claim or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Claim restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a gift.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of claims and claimant's details (including a claimant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a claimant cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their claim, the claimant will forfeit the gift in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible claims, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to claim a gift. Claims containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to claim a gift. The use of any automated claim software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and may render all claims submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify claims in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Claim. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the claimant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any gift (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The claimant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the claimant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the gift or acceptance of the gift.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: NSW Authority No. TP/23.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Promotion WizardLooking at running your own trade promotion in NSW or other Australian states? Plexus has all the information, tools and strategies you need to run a successful competition.