Terms & Conditions
Journey to Beautiful Hair ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Further Prize Details:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Journey to Beautiful Hair
L'Oreal Australia Pty Ltd ABN 40 004 191 673, 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia. Ph: 03 8680 0000
Start date: 01/03/21 at 9:00 am AEDT
End date: 31/05/21 at close of business
Entry is only open to Australian residents. Entrants must be either: (a) working as a hair stylist in a participating L'Oreal Professionnel salon; or (b) a customer of a participating L'Oreal Professionnel salon to be eligible to enter this Promotion (both considered an ‘entrant’ for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions).
Individuals under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter:
Eligible hair stylists are responsible for entering both themselves and their customer into the Promotion.
In order for both the hair stylist and the customer to receive an entry into the Promotion, the hair stylist must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- provide a colour service and Smartbond treatment to a customer (in the one visit);
- scan the QR code on the point of sale entry cards displayed in salon, provided by the Promoter; and follow the prompts to an online competition landing page and fully complete the entry form (providing their details, as requested, as well as the details of the customer) and upload a copy of the sales receipt for the colour service and Smartbond treatment and details of the single use unique code shown on the entry card. Hair stylists must have permission from the customer in order to enter them into this Promotion.
Multiple entries permitted, however, each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Total Prize Pool:
Up to AUD $66,980
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Prize: The prize is a new Volkswagen T-CROSS 85TSI STYLE 7 Speed DSG 2021 with automatic transmission, including registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary from State by State).
2 (one for the winning hair stylist and one for the corresponding customer)
Up to AUD$33,490
Draw: computerised random selection - 04/06/21 at 2:30 pm AEST
The colour of the vehicle is Reef Blue Metallic (subject to availability).
The winner must collect the prize from their nearest authorised Volkswagen dealership.
Further Prize Details:
Prize Vehicle includes registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State). Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. The winner must collect the prize from the Volkswagen dealership nearest to the winner’s place of residence.
If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter and the prize supplier take no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter and the prize supplier with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter and the prize supplier before the car is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the prize supplier in its discretion.
The winners will be contacted by email and phone within fourteen (14) days of the draw. The winners will be published at L’Oréal Professionnel Instagram Page @lorealpro_education_aus on 18/06/21.
Prizes must be claimed by 05/07/21 at 2:30 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 06/07/21 at 02:30 pm AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winner(s) of the redraw will be notified by email and phone within fourteen (14) days of the redraw. The winners will be notified and their details published at L’Oréal Professionnel Instagram Page @lorealpro_education_ on 20/07/21.
For the sake of clarity, in the event that only one prize is claimed (i.e., the hair stylist claims their prize but the corresponding customer does not or the customer claims their prize but the corresponding hair stylist does not), only the unclaimed prize will be redrawn and another hairstylist or customer (as applicable) will be determined.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 2:30 pm AEST on 04/06/21 using computerised random selection.
- The hair stylist and corresponding customer on the first valid entry drawn will each win prize specified in the Schedule above (i.e. one prize each).
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in the case that an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- Each prize will be awarded to the hair stylist and customer named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third-party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP21/00182, NSW Authority No. TP/00015 and SA Permit No. T21/135.
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.