Terms & Conditions
Live Better Specsavers November Reading Challenge ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Description:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Terms and Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Live Better Management Pty Ltd ABN 93 003 457 289, Level 4, 720 Bourke Street, Docklands, VIC 3008, Australia. Ph: 13 23 31
Start date: 02/11/20 at 12:01 am AEDT
End date: 29/11/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian residents who:
- are 18 years and over;
- are a Medibank member with hospital cover, extras cover, or hospital and extras cover (and up-to-date with premium payments); and
- have signed up to Medibank Live Better with ‘My Medibank’ or have linked their MyMedibank account with their Live Better account.
Excludes Overseas Visitor health cover, Working Visa health cover, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Ambulance only cover, ahm covers and other selected covers. Read full Medibank Live Better terms at https://www.medibank.com.au/livebetter/rewards/terms/.
Winners may be contacted and asked if they would like to participate in PR opportunities, see clause 20 for details.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must have completed the following:
- have downloaded the Medibank Live Better Rewards app and linked their Live Better account with their My Medibank details; and
- By the end of the Promotional Period the entrant must participate in and complete (85% and over counts as complete) any 1-Week Specsavers Reading Challenge (150 points). There will be 4 of these weekly challenges available throughout November 2020.
The dates of the 1-week challenges are: 02/11-08/11, 09/11-15/11, 16/11-22/11, 23/11-29/11. Any dates/times by which a weekly challenge must be completed will be indicated within the Medibank Live Better.
Maximum four (4) entries per person: one (1) entry awarded per weekly Specsavers Reading Challenge completed during the Promotional Period.
The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize (excludes SA residents).
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is a Specsavers voucher redeemable for any two (2) x pairs of frames from Specsavers including lens type and options (up to the total combined value of AUD$500).
The voucher is valid until 31/03/21 and must be redeemed at a Specsavers retail store (voucher cannot be used online).
Prize Draw: computerised random selection - 14/12/20 at 12:00 pm AEDT
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
The prize voucher will be sent to winners via email by Specsavers.
The winners will be contacted by Specsavers via email within fourteen (14) business days of the draw. The winners will be published at https://www.medibank.com.au/livebetter/rewards/competition/specsavers/ by 21/12/20. The email address used to contact winners will be the same email address linked to the winner’s Live Better account.
Prizes must be claimed by 15/01/21 at 12:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 18/01/21 at 12:00 pm AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by Specsavers via email within fourteen (14) business days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) at https://www.medibank.com.au/livebetter/rewards/competition/specsavers/ on 25/01/21.
Further Terms and Conditions:
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, Specsavers, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 12:00 pm AEDT on 14/12/20 using computerised random selection.
- The first ten (10) valid entries drawn will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter and Specsavers may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP20/01390.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Plexus’ terms and conditions generator can assist with the complete life cycle of your promotion, from drafting terms and conditions to contacting and publishing prize winners.