Terms & Conditions
MATRIX COLLECTIVE 2022 ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- Stage 1: Entry
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Stage 2: Determination of Region Finalists
- Region Finalists Determination:
- Region Finalist Notification:
- Winning Region Finalist Prize:
- Stage 3: Determination of Region Group Winners & Region Final details
- Winner Determination & Region Final Details:
- Winner’s Prize:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
MATRIX COLLECTIVE 2022
L'Oreal Australia Pty Ltd ABN 40 004 191 673, 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia. Ph: 03 8680 0000
Start date: 01/02/22 at 9:00 am AEDT
End date: 31/05/22 at 11:59 pm AEST
Eligibility requirements are outlined below:
- The entrant must either be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or resident, aged 18 years or over and working full time as a qualified or apprentice hairdresser (“Employee Entrant”) or enrolled as a full time student at a private hairdressing college in Australia or New Zealand (“Student Entrant”).
- The entrant (and any model/s used) must be available to attend the Region Group Finals (as set out below).
- In the case of Employee Entrants, the entrant’s salon of employment must be trading as the time of the Region Group Finals.
- In the case of Employee Entrants, if the entrant’s salon is trading with L’Oréal Australia Pty Ltd, it must be fully compliant with L’Oréal’s conditions of sale and credit terms at all stages of the Promotion.
- To be eligible to win a prize, the individual must be employed with their salon of employment until at the time of the Frankie Magazine photo shoot (see below for more details).
- Employee Entrants must obtain the consent of the salon owner(s) where they are employed to enter into this Promotion. Student Entrants must have consent from their hairdressing college to enter into this Promotion.
- Employees of franchise salons must gain approval from their Head Office of Franchise to enter into this Promotion.
- Current Matrix HOT Team members can enter the Promotion however current Australian Matrix Artists are not eligible.
If an entrant or model is unable to attend the Region Group Final, the Promoter will determine, in its sole discretion, whether the entrant is eligible to continue in the Promotion. In the case that the model is unavailable, the Promoter may, in its discretion, allow the entrant to use a substitute model.
The models used at all stages of the Promotion must be 18 years or over and have had an allergy alert test 48 hours before the colour application.
Stage 1: Entry
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps:
- create a well-executed, inspirational and creative total look/style on a model (using Matrix colour and styling products) and take a photo of the look created (“Photo”). Model used must be 18 years of age or over and available for a live recreation on 27/06/22. For the sake of clarity, the model cannot be the entrant/stylist; and
- visit https://www.matrixprofessional..., follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, date of birth, email address, mobile number and state/territory/region of residence) and their salon address and name (for Employee Entrants) or their hairdressing college address and name (for Student Entrants); and upload their Photo.
The following requirements apply to the entry:
- Entrants must only use Matrix colour and styling products on the model. No other products can be used.
- Wefts, weaves, hair extensions, hair accessories and wigs are not permitted and cannot be used.
- No up-dos are permitted.
- The Photo submitted cannot be edited or photoshopped in any way.
- All Photos must be in colour and in portrait orientation and shot on a phone (iPhone or android). All photos must be submitted on a plain background. Photo must be submitted as a JPG file and can be no more than 16MB in file size.
- Any lighting is permitted.
- Any electrical equipment used must comply with the terms of the Health and Safety Act – Requirements for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. All electrical equipment must be tagged and tested by an electrician.
- Photo must be a static image.
- Entries/photos that have been previously published (outside of this Promotion) will not be eligible for this Promotion.
Limit one (1) entry per person. If multiple entries are submitted by the same person, only the first submitted entry will be considered for this Promotion.
Stage 2: Determination of Region Finalists
Region Finalists Determination:
- Representative/s of the Promoter will judge entries received based on the following criteria:
- Overall colour result, techniques, application, selection and placement;
- Overall look, style and finish; and
- Overall interpretation of the brief.
- There are six (6) Region Groups: (1) VIC/TAS; (2) ACT/NSW; (3) QLD; (4) NT/SA; (5) WA; and (6) NZ. Entries will be placed in a Region Group based on their location of residence, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter.
- The five (5) best valid entries, as determined by the judges, in each Region Group will be deemed a Region Finalist.
- All Region Finalists will be brought together in their respective region to recreate their look in front of Matrix brand representatives.
- It will be the Region Finalist’s responsibility to get themselves (and their model) to the L'Oréal Academy in their region (as listed below) on 27/06/22 (at their own cost).
Region Finalist Notification:
Region Finalists will be notified via email and phone within seven (7) business days of judging. The Winning Region Finalists will be announced during a live-streamed event hosted from Melbourne.
Winning Region Finalist Prize:
Each Region Finalist will receive the following:
- A Finalist’s trophy; and
- A goodie bag containing an assortment of L’Oréal Australia products up to value of $400.
Stage 3: Determination of Region Group Winners & Region Final details
Winner Determination & Region Final Details:
The Region Group Finals will be held on 27/06/22 at a L’Oréal Academy in the city outlined below:
- NT/SA Region Group Final: Adelaide
- WA State Region Final: Perth
- QLD State Region Final: Brisbane
- NSW/ACT Region Group Final: Sydney
- VIC/TAS Region Group Final: Melbourne
- New Zealand Region Group Final: Auckland
The following requirements apply to the Region Group Finals:
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the Region Group Final date, including in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
- All Finalists will need to complete and sign a release form at the Region Group Final. All models will also be required to sign an image release.
- Pre-lightening may be done prior to arrival at the Region Group Final. No colour, no toning and color retail products can be used beforehand. On the day of each Region Group Final, a session will be held at each event for Finalists to recreate their look. A Matrix mentor will be present at the event. All Finalists will be given four (4) hours to recreate their winning look (from Stage 1) at the L’Oréal Academy. The look must be re-created on the same model featured in the Finalist’s entry selected by the judges. Make-up artists will be supplied by the Promoter for the models. Finalists are required to supply clothing for their models – this will not be supplied by the Promoter. Any costs for models’ clothing will not be covered by the Promoter.
- Matrix Colour must be applied for full development time at the L’Oréal Academy on the day of the Region Group Final.
- The Region Group Final will take place on the night of 27/06/22 and all Finalists will be required to parade the look created on their model.
- The Promoter will provide them the shades of Matrix Colour listed in their entry submission for the live recreation.
- All costs associated with travel to and from a Region Group Final (e.g. flights, accommodation, transfers, taxis, etc.), will be the responsibility of the Finalists and model/s.
- Representative/s of the Promoter will judge Finalists’ looks based on the following criteria:
- Overall colour result, techniques, application, selection and placement;
- Overall look, style and finish; and
- Overall recreation.
- The judges will determine one (1) winner from each Region Group Final.
The winners from each Region Group Final will be announced during a live-streamed event hosted from Melbourne and streamed online nationally.
Each Region Group winner will receive a professional photoshoot led by Jakob Bokshish, Matrix Creative Director, in partnership with Frankie Magazine. The photoshoot will take place in September 2022 with an editorial to be published in the last quarter of 2022. All winners from outside of the State/Territory where the photoshoot will take place will also receive the following in order to attend the photo shoot:
- Return economy flights for themselves only from their nearest Australian capital city (or from Auckland, in the case of the New Zealand winner) to the State/Territory of the photoshoot; and
- One (1) night accommodation in the State/Territory of the photoshoot.
Flights and accommodation are not provided if the winner resides in the State/Territory of the photo shoot. The location of the photoshoot will be confirmed with winners as soon as it has been confirmed.
Winners will not be required to provide any model/s for the photo shoot, model/s will be provided by Frankie Magazine.
In the event that a winner cannot travel to the photoshoot on the required date as a result of any COVID-19 related travel restrictions, the Promoter will try to make alternative arrangements in its absolute discretion.
In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry, conduct a further judging to award the prize, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The finalists and winners will be determined by skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners/finalists. The judges' decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner/finalist.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the time stipulated by the Promoter for travel, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- It is in the Promoter’s complete discretion as to whether or not they choose to accept an entry which does not meet these Conditions of Entry.
- The following conditions apply to travel where awarded:
- Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at check in.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description, are not included.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ) and/or Fair Trading Act 1986 (NZ) and the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- All material submitted on entry (including Photo(s)) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph.The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.