Terms & Conditions
Medibank Life Insurance $2k Gift Card Competition June 2020 ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Entry Periods:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Eligible products:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Description:
- Prize Conditions:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Terms and Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Medibank Private Limited ABN 47 080 890 259, Level 4, 720 Bourke Street, Docklands, VIC 3008, Australia. Ph: 134190
Start date: 15/06/20 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: 30/08/20 at 11:59 pm AEST
15/06/20 at 09:00 am AEDT
28/06/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
01/07/20 at 2.30pm AEST
29/06/20 at 09:00 am AEDT
12/07/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
15/07/20 at 2.30pm AEST
13/07/20 at 09:00 am AEDT
26/07/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
29/07/20 at 2.30pm AEST
27/07/20 at 09:00 am AEDT
09/08/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
12/08/20 at 2.30pm AEST
10/08/20 at 09:00 am AEDT
23/08/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
26/08/20 at 2.30pm AEST
24/08/20 at 09:00 am AEDT
30/08/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
09/09/20 at 2.30pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete at least one (1) of the following entry methods during the Promotional Period:
A) Online Entry:
- Medibank Life Insurance, Income Protection, Funeral Insurance: visit medibank.com.au/life, complete the online quote request form for one of the following: (a) Medibank Life Insurance, (b) Medibank Funeral Insurance or (c) Medibank Income Protection as prompted and subsequently receive a quote; OR
- Medibank Starter Life Insurance:
visit medibank.com.au/life, complete the online quote request form for Medibank Starter Life Insurance as prompted. The entrant has the option to finalise purchase of this Insurance product online, but this is not mandatory for entry; OR
B) Telephone entry:
- Medibank Life Insurance, Income Protection, Funeral Insurance: Request either a Medibank Life Insurance, Medibank Funeral Insurance or Medibank Income Protection quote over the phone via the Medibank Life Insurance Call Centre (Phone: 134 190) and subsequently obtain a verbal quote for the requested Medibank insurance product. For the sake of clarity, it will not be possible to obtain a quote for the Medibank Starter Life Insurance product via phone.
If an entrant provides any incorrect or invalid personal details (e.g. phone number, email address, etc.) at the time of obtaining the quote, they will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid for this Promotion.
A quote must be for a new policy and must not be for an amendment to an active policy
(1) Medibank Life Insurance;
(2) Medibank Income Protection;
(3) Medibank Funeral Insurance; and
(4) Medibank Starter Life Insurance.
Limit one (1) entry permitted per person for singles policy quote.
Limit two (2) entries for a joint policy quote. Entries for a joint policy will be awarded to the primary contact person on the policy.
Maximum three (3) entries per person. For example, if a person obtains multiple Singles Policy quotes for Medibank Life Insurance and multiple Joint Policy quotes for Income Protection Insurance where they are the primary contact, they will receive a total of three (3) entries.
For the sake of clarity, entrants can only receive one (1) entry for a Singles Policy or two (2) entries for a Joint Policy, per Eligible product and in their own name (primary contact only). Business names, company names or non-primary contacts will not be accepted for entry. All information provided for the insurance quote must be complete, genuine and accurate at the time of completing the quote request. If an entry is found to be falsified, whether wholly or a substantial part, it will be disqualified from the Promotion.
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Each winner will receive 1 x AUD$2,000.00 EFTPOS gift card.
6 (1 prize per draw)
Fortnightly Draw: computerised random selection - from 01/07/2020 to 09/09/2020 at 02:30 pm AEST.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
The prizes will be delivered by mail within 6 weeks from date of winner notification.
The winners will be contacted by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw. The winners will be published at https://plexus.co/docs/lifeinsurancewinners.pdf
Prizes must be claimed by 09/12/20 at 02:30 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 10/12/20 at 02:30 pm AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email or phone within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) at https://plexus.co/docs/lifeinsurancewinners.pdf
Further Terms and Conditions:
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draws will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 02:30 pm AEST on 01/07/20, 15/07/20, 29/07/20, 12/08/20, 26/08/20 and 09/09/20 by computerised random selection. Entries open and close for each draw on the dates/times specified in the Entry Periods section in the Schedule above. Non-winning entries in each draw will be entered into any subsequent draw/s.
- The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- The first valid entry drawn in each draw will be the winner of the prize specified in the Schedule above.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
8. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
9. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
10. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
11. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
12. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
14. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
15. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
16. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
17. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
18. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
22. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
24. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
25. Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP20/00646 NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/43616 and SA Permit No. T20/553.