Terms & Conditions
Medibank Pet Insurance 'Win Pet Food for a Year' Comp ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Description:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Terms and Conditons:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Medibank Private Limited ABN 47 080 890 259, 720 Bourke Street, Docklands, VIC 3008, Australia. Ph: 13 23 31
Start date: 01/09/20 at 12:01 am AEST
End date: 01/11/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must obtain a quote for Medibank Pet Insurance, online, over the phone or in-store during the Promotional Period.
Only one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Each winner will receive $1000 in Brand Cash from PETstock made up of 4 x $250 Brand Cash loaded to their PETstock Rewards Account to spend on selected pet food. Winners must be a PETstock Rewards Member (or sign up to a PETstock Rewards Account within 3 months’ of winner’s notification) to qualify for Brand Cash. Each $250 Brand Cash is redeemable on the same premium food brand or KONG and is not restricted by size or type of food i.e. dry and wet. Excludes Veterinary Diets, Vets All Natural raw food and selected Prime 100 food products. Brand Cash will have an expiry date of one year from the date of issue. Any unused amounts on a selected brand will be forfeited.
The Promoter calculates the prize to be a year’s supply of pet food based on Money Smart website: https://moneysmart.gov.au/getting-a-pet “Pet food: up to $800 each year for premium dog food, plus treats” and Budget Direct: https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/blog/real-cost-owning-pet-australia.html. According to ASIC’s MoneySmart, the average cost of dog food per year is $622 and the average cost of cat food per year is $576.
Draw: computerised random selection - 23/11/20 at 02:30 pm AEDT
The winners will be contacted by phone and email within 14 days of the draw. The winners will be published at https://www.plexus.co/terms/pet-insurance-win-pet-food-for-a-year-winners by 30/11/20.
Prizes must be claimed by 23/02/21 at 02:30 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 24/02/21 at 02:30 pm AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by phone and email within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) at https://www.plexus.co/terms/pet-insurance-win-pet-food-for-a-year-winners by 03/03/21.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found this information will be published at https://www.plexus.co/terms/pet-insurance-win-pet-food-for-a-year-winners.
Further Terms and Conditons:
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 02:30 pm AEDT on 23/11/20 using computerised random selection.
- The first ten (10) valid entries drawn will each win the prize specified in the Schedule above.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the complainant/entrant/winner. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd and PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd take no responsibility for the goods or services procured with Brand Cash. Brand Cash and PETstock are not a part of The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd or PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP20/00984.1 and SA Permit No. T20/867.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.