Terms & Conditions
Mentos Candy Yes To Fresh Promotion 2022 ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Prize Details:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Mentos Candy Yes To Fresh Promotion 2022
STUART ALEXANDER & CO PTY LTD ABN 43 000 058 677, Level 3, 1 Smail Street, Ultimo, NSW 2007, Australia.
DKSH NEW ZEALAND LIMITED (56998), 279 Railway Road, Milson, Palmerston North, New Zealand 4470. Ph: 06 350 1738
Start date: 01/08/22 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: 30/09/22 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian and NZ residents who are 16 years and over. Any entrant aged under 18 years must obtain consent from their parent/guardian prior to entering the Promotion and further, the parent/guardian must read these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required to enter into further agreement as evidence of their consent.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- purchase any specially marked Mentos product from any store within Australia or New Zealand which sell products ("Participating Venues"); and
- visit https://mentossocks.com/, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page, input the requested details and submit the fully completed entry form with all personal details as requested and the 6 digit unique code printed inside of the specially marked Mentos product purchased.
Entrants will be notified immediately on screen upon entry form submission if they have won an instant win prize, subject to verification. Prizes will then be sent to the mailing address providing by the winner on entry within 12 weeks after their entry is successfully verified by the Promoter. Any winner who provides incorrect mailing details will automatically forfeit their right to a prize.
Proof of Purchase: The entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt for the qualifying purchase and wrapper of the specially marked Mentos product purchased showing the 6 digit unique code used to enter.
Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following:
- limit one (1) entry permitted per specially marked Mentos product purchased; and
- each entry must be completed and submitted separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Maximum of one (1) prize permitted per person (excludes South Australian residents).
Total Prize Pool:
In the event of any unwon prize/s at the end of the Promotional Period or prize/s which are otherwise not awarded due to incorrect mailing details provided by the winner on entry, the prize will be redrawn on 01/11/22 at 02:30 pm AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winner/s of the redraw will be notified by email within fourteen (14) days of the redraw. The draw will be attended by an independent scrutineer. Winners, if any, must claim the prize within two weeks of being notified by the Promoter, and in accordance with the instructions provided by the Promoter.
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is a pair of Mentos branded socks. The winner can select a pre-designed pattern and a pre-designed message to go on their socks. All socks awarded are in a set size, one size fits most. The winner’s design selection is subject to stock availability. If a sock design selected is no longer available, the Promoters will determine the exact design for socks awarded.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoters and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoters and their agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoters, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoters’ distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Instant Win:
- Winners will be notified immediately if they have won on screen upon entry form submission.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim.
- Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Conditions of Entry, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
- Instant win game materials void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- There will be a maximum total of approximately 4.7 million of specially marked Mentos products produced for this Promotion.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoters (as specified in the Unclaimed Prizes section above), they forfeit the prize and the Promoters are not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Enter section for each entry as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoters, the Promoters have the right to invalidate the entrant's respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant's right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as an eligible store; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoters.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoters to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoters reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- Entrants who win a prize consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same), in any media, for an unlimited period and without remuneration, for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if the winner if under 18 years of age) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoters in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoters by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not either Promoters. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoters accept no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ) and/or Fair Trading Act 1986 (NZ) and the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoters, the Promoters may in their sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoters to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoters’ discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoters will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoters’ decision will be final.
- The Promoters and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoters may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoters accept no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- The laws in force in New South Wales apply to this Promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
- For any queries regarding this Promotion, contact customer service on 1800 188 484 or [email protected] Open 8am-4pm (AEST/AEDST).
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 21/02141, NSW Authority No. TP/01530 and SA Permit No. T21/1931.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.