Terms & Conditions
Monopoly 2023- Mega Weekend- Cash Grab Activation ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- VICINITY CENTRES PRIVACY NOTICE
- Shopping Centres:
- Promotional Period (per Shopping Centre):
- Eligible Claimants:
- How to Win:
- Claims permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Gift Details:
- General Terms:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
VICINITY CENTRES PRIVACY NOTICE
Monopoly 2023- Mega Weekend- Cash Grab Activation
VICINITY CENTRES PM PTY LTD ABN 96 101 504 045 as agent on behalf of the Shopping Centres, Vicinity National Office, Level 4, Chadstone Tower One 1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone, Victoria 3148.
- Northland, 2-50 Murray Rd, Preston VIC 3072
- Roselands, 24 Roselands Dr, Roselands NSW 2196
- Nepean Village, Woodriff St, Penrith NSW 2750
- Bankstown, North Terrace, Bankstown New South Wales 2200
- Grand Plaza, 27-49 Browns Plains Rd, Browns Plains QLD 4118, Australia
- Elizabeth City Centre, 50 Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth SA 5112, Australia
- Mandurah, 330 Pinjarra Rd, Mandurah Western Australia 6210
- Cranbourne Park, 101 High Street, Cranbourne, VIC, 3977
Promotional Period (per Shopping Centre):
Applicable for Roselands and Elizabeth City Centre :
Start date: 19/05/23 at 09:00 am (local time)
End date: 20/05/23 at close of business
Applicable for Grand Plaza:
Start date: 18/05/23 at 09:00 am (local time)
End date: 20/05/23 at 02:00 pm (local time)
Applicable for Northland and Bankstown:
Start date: 20/05/23 at 09:00 am (local time)
End date: 21/05/23 at 02:00 pm (local time)
Applicable for Nepean Village, Mandurah and Cranbourne Park:
Start date: 18/05/23 at 09:00 am (local time)
End date: 19/05/23 at 02:00 pm (local time)
Activation stand is available from 11.00am-2.00pm (local time) daily throughout the Promotional Period per Shopping Centre.
In the event that a Participating Centre is unable to operate the “Monopoly Cash Grab” activation stand due to unforeseen reasons on any particular day of the campaign (e.g. activation staff member is sick), the Promoter reserves the right to extend the Promotion for a further day and this will be advised at the stand.
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 16 years and over. Individuals under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to take part.
How to Win:
To claim Vicinity Centre gift card(s), the claimant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period, while gift stocks last:
- spend at least $10 in one transaction on any goods or services (other than the Excluded Items) at one of the participating retailers^ at a Shopping Centre outlined above ("Qualifying Spend");
- visit the “Monopoly Cash Grab” activation stand in centre between 11am-2pm daily and present the receipt for the Qualifying Spend to a promotional staff member at the stand. Each receipt will be stamped upon receipt; and
- participate in the cash booth game*.
*Each participant has 15 seconds in the cash booth to try and grab 5 notes, with the goal of collecting as many “lucky” $20 notes as possible. The participant will be instantly rewarded with the value of the lucky notes collected in the form of $20 Vicinity gift cards (maximum 5 gift cards per participant). The promotional staff member will have final determination of the number of notes successfully grabbed by a participant in the game.
^Participating retailers will display advertising for the Monopoly Shop Scan Win Promotion, with Participating Retailers being the same across both promotions.
Excluded Items: The following products or services (including vouchers relating to such products or services) will not be eligible to purchase to enter: gift cards, liquor or tobacco products, weapons of any kind, prescription medicines, cosmetic or surgical procedures, health insurance. Furthermore, any transactions/services at medical practitioners and related health services (physio, dentist, pathology, psychology), banks, Automatic Telling Machines, financial institutions, TAB and gaming venues, lottery agents, petrol stations, accountants, employment services/agencies, disability services, professional training, lawyers, tax services, occupational safety (ie Worksafe), child care services, parliamentary offices, neighbourhood watch, electorate office, real estate agencies and rental of suites/offices are not eligible for this Promotion. Hearing services and related products are not excluded from the Promotion.
Proof of Purchase: The claimant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt for the Qualifying Spend ($10).
Multiple claims permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) game attempt permitted per person each day of the Promotional Period; (b) limit one (1) game attempt permitted per Qualifying Spend; and (c) each claim must be submitted separately and in accordance with claim requirements.
Maximum of five (5) gift cards per participant per day.
Total Prize Pool:
AUD $4,000.00 per Shopping Centre
Number of this gift
Value (per gift)
The gift is a $20 Vicinity Centres gift card.
200 per Shopping Centre
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
- The claimant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) and that claiming a gift in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Claim have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the claimant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible claims will be accepted during the Promotional Period, while gift stocks last.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Shopping Centre, the Promoter, their tenants, businesses involved in determination of gift recipients for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to claim a gift. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent.
- Claimants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Claim section for each claim as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If a claimant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific claim or each claim, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the claimant's respective claim/claims for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all claims submitted by that claimant and/or forfeit the claimant's right to a gift. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as an eligible store; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for claim; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to claim. If the Promoter invalidates a claim and forfeits the claimant’s right to a gift, the Promoter may require a gift already awarded to be returned to the Promoter or the Shopping Centre of receipt.
- In the event that the claimant returns the item(s) purchased relating to the Qualifying Spend after claiming a gift, the Promoter reserves the right to require the claimant to return the gift or otherwise repay the value of the gift. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify any claimant who has returned item(s) purchased from making any further claims (in this Promotion or any other promotional offers conducted).
- Retailers and family cannot collect gifts on behalf of customers. The Promoter may also request to see goods purchased as evidence of purchase.
- No part of a gift is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other gift or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- Each gift will be awarded to the person named in the claim and any claim that is made on behalf of a claimant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
- If a gift is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the gift is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party gift supplier and the provision of the gift is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the gift, any delay or failure relating to the gift itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Claim or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Claim restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a gift.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of claims and claimant's details (including a claimant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a claimant cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their claim, the claimant will forfeit the gift in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible claims, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to claim a gift. Claims containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to claim a gift. The use of any automated claim software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and may render all claims submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify claims and claimants in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Claim or where the Promoter has reason to believe that the claimant has engaged in unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a gift, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the complainant/claimant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter, the Shopping Centre owner/s and their associated agencies, related companies, officers, employees and contractors will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any gift (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The claimant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter and Shopping Centre may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the claimant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the gift or acceptance of the gift.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.