Terms & Conditions
Shazam! Fury of the Gods x CARS24 Competition ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Prize Conditions:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Shazam! Fury of the Gods x CARS24 Competition
Global Cars Aus Pty Ltd ABN 22 645 541 920, Unit 264, Suite 24 Level/33 Australia Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. Ph: 0488 825 496
Start date: 01/03/23 at 12:01 am AEDT
End date: 14/03/23 at 11:59 pm AEDT (for Minor Prize Draw); and 31/03/23 at 11:59 pm AEDT (for Major Prize Draw)
Entry is only open to NSW, QLD and VIC residents who are 18 years and over and holds a valid driver's licence issued in an Australian State or Territory.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must, during the Promotional Period, visit https://www.cars24.com/au/sell..., complete the online valuation tool in its entirety.
The entrant must be the registered owner of the vehicle they are submitting for valuation.
Entries received between the start date of the Promotion and 14/03/23 at 11:59 pm AEDT will be entered into the Minor Prize Draw and all entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the Major Prize Draw.
Multiple entries permitted subject to the following:
- limit one (1) entry permitted per registered vehicle; and
- by completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) Minor Prize.
Total Prize Pool:
up to AUD $30,400.00
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Major Prize: The prize is a used Mini Cooper S 2014 with automatic transmission, including a minimum of 3-months registration, a minimum 3-months compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary from State by State).
Up to AUD$30,000.00
Major Prize Draw: computerised random selection - 12:00 pm AEST on 03/04/23
Minor Prize: The prize is a double cinema pass to see ‘Shazam! Fury of the Gods’. The movie pass is redeemable in select Australian cinemas while ‘Shazam! Fury of the Gods’ movie is showing, see pass terms for details.
Minor Prize Draw: computerised random selection - 12:00 pm AEDT on 15/03/23
Major Prize Conditions:
- Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. The colour of the vehicle is Red.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner's place of residence in NSW QLD or VIC.
- If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the car is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion.
- The only warranty given by the Promoter with respect to the vehicle is that it is roadworthy when given to the winner. No extended warranty is given.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to extend registration and insure the vehicle.
- CARS24 6-month warranty applies from the date of contracting. See full details at https://www.cars24.com/au/cars....
- Winner must hold a valid driver’s licence for contracting.
Movie Double Pass Prize Conditions:
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the movie pass is not included. Redemption of the movie pass is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the movie pass.
The winners will be notified by using the contact details on file with the Promoter, includes in writing, within two (2) days of the corresponding draw. The Major Prize winner will be published on the CARS24 Facebook and Instagram pages by 10/04/23.
Minor Prizes must be claimed by 21/03/23 at 12:00 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed Minor Prize, the prize will be redrawn on 22/03/23 at 12:00 pm AEDT at Global Cars Aus Pty Ltd, Unit 264, Suite 24 Level/33 Australia Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia. The winner/s of the redraw will be notified by using the contact details on file with the Promoter, includes in writing within two (2) days of the redraw.
Major Prize must be claimed by 01/05/23 at 12:00 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed Major Prize, the prize will be redrawn on 02/05/23 at 12:00 pm AEDT at Global Cars Aus Pty Ltd, Unit 264, Suite 24 Level/33 Australia Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia. The winner of the redraw will be notified by using the contact details on file with the Promoter, includes in writing within two (2) days of the redraw. The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) on the CARS24 Facebook and Instagram pages by 09/05/23.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published on the CARS24 Facebook and Instagram pages.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Minor Prize Draw:
- Entries received between 01/03/23 at 12:01 am AEDT and 14/03/23 at 11:59 pm AEST will be entered into the Minor Prize Draw. The draw will take place at Global Cars Aus Pty Ltd, Unit 264, Suite 24 Level/33 Australia Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia at 12:00 pm AEDT on 15/03/23 by computerised random selection.
- The first ten (10) valid entries drawn will be the winners of the Minor Prizes specific in the Schedule above.
- Major Prize Draw:
- All entries received throughout the Promotional Period will be entered into the Major Prize Draw. The draw will take place at Global Cars Aus Pty Ltd, Unit 264, Suite 24 Level/33 Australia Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia at 12:00 pm AEST on 03/04/23 by computerised random selection.
- The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the Major Prize specified in the Schedule above.
- The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- Minor Prize Draw:
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: NSW Authority No. TP/02442.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Looking for a terms and conditions template in Australia? Plexus is the tool you need to ensure your competition runs smoothly.