Terms & Conditions
Simply Energy Simply Thanks 2020 - Q3+Q4 ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Description
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Terms and Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Simply Energy ABN 86 165 627 396, Level 33, Rialto South Tower, 525 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia. Ph: 13 88 08
Start date: 01/07/20 at 12:01 am AEST
End date: 31/12/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, VIC and WA residents who are 18 years and over.
To be eligible to win a prize, the status of the entrant’s eligible account must be set as ‘billable’ by the Promoter at the time of the draw (i.e. they must not be in the process of cancelling their eligible account, or have cancelled their eligible account or transferred their eligible account to another provider).
How to Enter:
An entrant will be entered into a Quarterly Draw by:
- For non-existing Residential/SME account holders:
- signing up to a Residential or SME electricity or gas account with Simply Energy on or after the Promotion start date and continue being signed up as at the end date/time for the respective Quarterly Period draw (1 entry awarded per eligible account);
- For existing Residential/SME account holders:
- If an entrant has an existing Residential or SME electricity or gas account with Simply Energy prior to the Promotional Period, they will automatically be entered into a Quarterly Draw if they continue to be a Residential or SME electricity or gas account holder until the entry close date for the respective Quarterly Period draw, unless they choose to opt-out of the Promotion prior to the entry close date for the respective Quarterly Period draw via the instructions provided in the email received from the Promoter (1 entry awarded per eligible account).
- Sign up for e-billing (1 extra entry awarded per eligible account for which they sign up to e-billing*);
- Register for direct debit (1 extra entry awarded per eligible account for which they register for direct debit*);
- Be a Simply Energy Customer for (max 5 extra entries)^:
- 0-1 years (1 extra entry);
- 1-2 years (2 extra entries);
- 2-3 years (3 extra entries);
- 3-4 years (4 extra entries); or
- 4+ years (5 extra entries).
Upon having or creating a Residential or SME electricity or gas account, entrants will be offered extra entries into a Quarterly Draw if they complete any of the following:
*Must be signed up to e-billing/registered for direct debit (as applicable) by the respective end date for a Quarterly Period to receive a bonus entry into that respective Quarterly Draw.
^The number of bonus entries that an entrant will receive into a Quarterly Draw for being a Simply Energy Customer is based on number of continuous years they have been a Simply Energy Customer as at the respective close date for that Quarterly Period draw. They will not receive bonus entries for this specific bonus entry mechanic per account, it will be per customer. E.g. if they have had a Simply Energy residential gas account for five (5) consecutive years and a Simply Energy residential electricity account for 1 year, they will receive five (5) extra entries for this bonus entry mechanic (based on the account they have had for longer). If a customer leaves Simply Energy and comes back at a later time, the time at which they are a customer will be calculated from the point they rejoin as a customer.
See How to Enter section above for entry limits.
Maximum of one (1) prize permitted per person (excludes SA residents, who are eligible to win multiple prizes).
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is $500.00 paid as a prepaid EFTPOS card.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
20 (10 per draw)
Quarterly Draws: computerised random selection - 12/10/2020 & 12/01/2021 at 02:30 pm AEDT.
The winners will be contacted by using the contact details on file with the promoter, including in writing, within two (2) business days of the draw. The winners will be published at www.simplyenergy.com.au the following dates:
Prizes must be claimed by 12/04/21 at 02:30 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 13/04/21 at 02:30 pm AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by using the contact details on file with the promoter, including in writing, within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) at www.simplyenergy.com.au on 27/04/21.
Terms and Conditions:
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Quarterly Draws:
- The Quarterly Draws will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 on the dates/times specified below using computerised random selection. Entries open and close for each Quarterly Draw on the dates/times specified below. Non-winning entries in each Quarterly Draws will be entered into any subsequent Quarterly Draws. Entries open and close for each Quarterly Period on the dates/times specified in the table below.
01/07/20 at 12:01 am AEST
30/09/20 at 11:59 pm AEST
12/10/20 02:30 pm AEDT
01/10/20 12:01 am AEST
31/12/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
12/01/21 02:30 pm AEDT
- The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
- The first ten (10) valid entries drawn in each quarterly draw will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above for that draw.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP20/00763, NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/43933 and SA Permit No. T20/655.