Terms & Conditions
Southern Comfort Thirsty Camel Island Getaway ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Further Prize Details (Major Prize):
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Southern Comfort Thirsty Camel Island Getaway
SOUTHTRADE INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD ABN 46 099 947 163, Suite 1501, Level 15, 61 Lavender St, Milsons Point, NSW 2061, Australia. Ph: (02) 8080 9150
Start date: 17/10/22 at 12:01 am AEDT
End date: 30/10/22 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian residents (excluding WA) who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- spend $20 or more on any of the following products (in one transaction): Southern Comfort and Cola 6-pack, Southern Comfort and Cola 10-pack, Southern Comfort Original 700ml, Southern Comfort Original 1L, Southern Comfort Original 200ml or Southern Comfort Black 700ml from a participating Thirsty Camel Bottle Shop ("Participating Venues"); and
- visit https://www.thirstycamel.com.a..., follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address, mobile number and state/territory of residence) and provide their proof of purchase (a photo of their original receipt).
Proof of Purchase: The entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt.
Multiple entries permitted subject to the following:
- maximum of one (1) entry permitted per qualifying transaction; and
- by completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize (excludes SA residents).
Total Prize Pool:
Up to AUD $14,315.00
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Daily Prize: The prize is a packet of 12 x Southern Comfort Branded golf balls.
Prizes will be delivered by mail (and cannot be delivered to a PO Box).
70 (5 winners per Daily Prize Draw)
Daily Draw: computerised random selection - 11:00 am AEDT, on the dates set out below.
The prize includes the following:
The prize includes the following:
Up to AUD$12,775 (depending on the
Daily Draw: computerised random selection - 11:00 am AEDT, on
Further Prize Details (Major Prize):
Honolulu, Hawaii Prize
All travel is subject to availability at all times and may be dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with an accommodation partner. Travel is valid for 12 months from when winner is drawn. Block out periods include 10 December 2022 until 25 January 2023 and from 20 June 2023 until 10 August 2023 along with all other special event periods. All bookings must be made a minimum of 60 days in advance of requested departure dates. All bookings and documentation regarding the prize must be made via Free-2-Travel Holidays Pty Ltd or their agents. Redeeming the prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of travel as detailed by Free-2-Travel Holidays Pty Ltd and the airline carriers in accordance with normal travel practices. No portion of the prize is redeemable for cash. The prize is non refundable or transferable. Winner and companion must be in possession of a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity on it prior to departure. Winner is responsible for any amendments fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed. Winner is responsible for any additional taxes and/or resort fees associated with the chosen accommodation, unless otherwise stated. Visas, valid passports, additional spending money, meals (other than those included) and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses, not listed in the travel prize package descriptions above are the responsibility of the travel prize winner and his/her nominated traveling companion as incurred. It is the winner's responsibility to organise transport to/from the airport departure/return point. It is strongly recommended that the winner and his/her companion have valid travel insurance for their period of travel.
Hayman Island Prize:
All travel is subject to availability at all times and may be dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with an accommodation partner. Travel is valid for 12 months from when winner is drawn. Block out periods include all Australian School & Public Holidays along with all other special event periods. All bookings must be made a minimum of 60 days in advance of requested departure dates. All bookings and documentation regarding the prize must be made via Free-2-Travel Holidays Pty Ltd or their agents. Redeeming the prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of travel as detailed by Free-2-Travel Holidays Pty Ltd and the airline carriers in accordance with normal travel practices. No portion of the prize is redeemable for cash. The prize is non refundable or transferable. Winner is responsible for any amendments fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed. Winner is responsible for any additional taxes and/or resort fees associated with the chosen accommodation, unless otherwise stated. Any additional spending money, meals (other than those included) and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses, not listed in the travel prize package descriptions above are the responsibility of the travel prize winner and his/her nominated traveling companion as incurred. It is the winner's responsibility to organise transport to/from the airport departure/return point. It is strongly recommended that the winner and his/her companion have valid travel insurance for their period of travel.
Minor Prize winners will be contacted via email within three (3) days of the draw. The Major Prize winner will be contacted via email on the same day as the draw (01/11/22). The Major Prize winner will also be published at https://www.thirstycamel.com.a... by 08/11/22.
All prizes must be claimed by 1:00pm AEDT on 09/01/23. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 10/01/23 at 12:00 pm AEDT at Handling Matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade CROMER NSW 2099. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email on the same day as the redraw (10/01/23). The Major Prize winner will also be published at https://www.thirstycamel.com.a... by 17/01/23.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at https://www.thirstycamel.com.a....
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All draws will take place at Handling Matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade CROMER NSW 2099 by computerised random selection.
- The Daily Prize Draws will take place at 11:00 am AEDT each weekday from 18/10/22 until 31/10/22 (with draws for weekends and public holidays taking place the next business day). Entries for each Daily Prize Draw will open at 12:01 am AEDT and close at 11:59pm AEDT.
- Non-winning entries in each Daily Prize Draw will not be entered into any subsequent Daily Prize Draws, however, all entries (including Daily Prize Draw winners) will be entered into the Major Prize Draw.
- The Major Prize Draw will take place at 11:00 am AEDT on 01/11/22.
- The first five (5) valid entries drawn in each Daily Prize Draw will win the Daily Prize, as specified in the Schedule above. The first valid entry drawn in the Major Prize Draw will receive their choice of travel prize, as specified in the Schedule above.
- The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in How to Enter for each entry as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant's respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant's right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as an eligible store; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
- The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/.... Please refer to the GL4001 'Liquor promotion guidelines' and GL4003 'Intoxication guidelines' at https://www.liquorandgaming.ns....
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or willful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 22/01652, NSW Authority No. TP/02110 and SA Permit No. T22/1349.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.