Terms & Conditions
Style and Colour Trophy 2022 ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- Entrant rules:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Round 1: 6 Finalists Selected
- Round 2: Determination of Style & Colour Trophy Winner + 1 Runners Up
- People’s Choice Award (1 total):
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Style and Colour Trophy 2022
L'Oreal New Zealand Pty Ltd, Level 2, 600 Great South Road, Ellerslie, New Zealand 1051. Ph: 09 583 4000
Start date: 01/04/22 at 12:01 am NZDT
End date: 30/06/22 at 11:59 pm NZST
- Entry is only open to Australian residents who have reached the minimum working age on the Promotional Period Start date and who are a qualified hairdresser or apprentice hairdresser employed at a salon in Australia or a student enrolled full time at a private hairdressing college in Australia. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian approval to enter. Any person under the age of 18 will be required to be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to attend Round 2, National Finale Event if deemed a Finalist and Global Grand Final (if deemed a Global Semi-Finalist)
- All entrants must be available to travel to Melbourne to participate in the Round 2 between 31st July and 1st August 2022, as well as a National Finale Event (the Promoter will advise if required to attend in Melbourne or an event in the entrants’ states) taking place 8th August 2022.
- All winning entrants if an employee of a salon must be employed with their salon until 01/04/23.
- The entrants’ salon must be trading at the time of entry. If the salon is trading with L’Oréal Australia, it must be fully compliant with L’Oréal’s conditions of sale and credit terms at all stages of the Promotion.
- Entrants must obtain the consent of the salon owner(s) where they are employed to enter into this Promotion.
- A judge, under no circumstances, will judge a member of their salon, where that member of their salon is participating in the Promotion.
Any model used by an entrant in their look creation for entry must be aged 18 years or over and they must have written consent from the model to take and use their photo and personal image in this Promotion. The entrant must also have written consent from the photographer who has taken the photo as part of the look creation entry to use the image as part of this Promotion.
If an entrant is a student rather than an employee of a salon – the above requirements referencing a salon do not apply. But they must have consent from their private hairdressing college to enter into this Promotion.
If a Top 8 Finalist and their model OR just the Finalist need to isolate due to COVID at the time of Round 2, they unfortunately will not be able to participate and will forfeit any right to a prize. If the Finalist’s model only (and not the Finalist) is required to isolate, then the Finalist can still participate in Round 2 with a different model.
- Entry may only be as an ‘Individual’ (and not a team). An individual entry consists of one (1) person being the cutter, stylist & colourist (“Individual”).
- An Individual entry is on behalf of one salon/college.
- The model should remain the same throughout the Promotion, unless otherwise permitted by the Promoter. If the same model is not used for Round 2, the entrant will at the Promoter’s discretion be disqualified. The Promoter will deviate from this rule based on exceptional circumstances, to be determined at L’Oréal New Zealand’s sole discretion (such as death, disability or serious illness). The original Photos with the original model from Round 1 may, at the Promoter’s discretion, only be used for any future coverage that results from this Promotion or events from this Promotion.
- The models used at all stages of the competition must have had an allergy alert test 48 hours before the colour application or have completed the L’Oréal Professionnel Paris ‘Professional Safety’ protocol. The model must be 18 years of age or older.
- No Individual may use the same model for each entry. For the removal of doubt different Individuals also cannot share the same model and submit a different entry.
- If more than one entry is chosen for the National Finale from the same Individual, the highest-ranking entry will advance to the National Finale and the other chosen entries will be discarded.
- The Promoter may deviate from any rules outlined in this section as they see fit.
How to Enter:
To enter, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- create their own interpretation of the French Edito ‘look’ (mandatory theme) using only L’Oréal Professional colour and styling products on a model. The French Edito ‘look’ must conform to the following:
- Theme brief: Create your premium magazine cover image. Celebrate and reveal hair beauty embracing the latest colour and styling trends. Realise a perfect French Balayage or French Glossing service, and propose the best styling that complements your colour work.
- The hair can be any length, texture or colour but has to be inspirational and show skill in the colour, style/cut and finish.
- The colour work performed on the model should be technically well executed and be a modern and consumer friendly interpretation of either the French Balayage or French Glossing hair colour technique, showcasing the expertise and ability of the colourist to create a unique look, still perfectly executed.
- The hair must be in optimal condition – if the hair is in bad condition the model will not be considered as a finalist.
- Show respect of safety and security rules.
- A cut, if featured, must show exceptional technical skill to the finished look.
- The finish on the hair must not be overloaded with product.
- The hair must suit the model’s face and bone structure.
- Hair styling: Showcase healthy-looking, shiny and well-styled hair.
- Clothing styling: Style your model in black or white clothing to create a strong, yet minimalist silhouette in order to draw attention to the hair style.
- The clothes should enhance and complement the overall look that the colourist and hair stylist have created.
- The clothes should be fashion-forward and on-trend, accurately representing the brief to align with a commercial magazine cover.
- Make-up: Should enhance and complement the overall look that the Team have created and not detract from it.
- The model does not have to be professional but should be confident, self-assured, ‘own’ their look.
- Wefts, weaves and extensions (if used) may only cover a maximum 50% of the head (to be coloured live). No full wigs are allowed.
- Up-styles are allowed.
- Refer to “Round 1 – 8 Finalists selected” section below for detailed judging criteria.
- take six (6) untouched photos of the French Edito ‘look’ created on their model (“Photos”). The Photos must consist of the following format:
- three (3) ‘after’ photos each with a different view (front, side, and back);
- two (2) photos of the technique process (alternatively can consist of one (1) photo and one (1) video);
- one (1) photo of the ‘before’ and ‘after’ in split screen (same model same position in both images);
- Photo Requirements:
- the photos must be from the waist up on the model;
- all photos must be in colour and in portrait orientation (not landscape);
- all photos must be photographed on a plain/neutral background with the model in the centre; no scans of printed photos will be accepted;
- all photos must be high-resolution;
- the photos must not have been used in any previous competitions; and
- visit https://loreal-sct.yumana.io/country/aus and fully complete and submit the registration form with all requested details, including Instagram handle used to complete the step below, upload their Photo(s) and write a short description per Photo (Caption/description must describe the look, the colour technique used and they can mention products, objective and inspiration); and
- post the six (6) untouched Photos (in line with the above) to their Instagram account with the hashtags: #SCTrophy, and must include in the caption details regarding the colour technique used and look created – optional: can also mention products, objective and inspiration. The Instagram account used for entry must not be set to private. If a team, photos need to be posted on both team members’ Instagram accounts and Instagram handles of both accounts provided in the registration form submission
- Products that MUST be used to create the French Edito ‘look’:
- Entrants must only use L’Oréal Professionnel colour and styling products on the model and no other products.
- Entrants must use the L’Oréal Professionnel Metal Detox in-salon products in their colour work.
- Entrants must use the current range of L’Oréal Professionnel colour and styling products (meaning, those products available for purchase from 1st April 2022 onwards).
- The Promoter reserves the right to revise these dates and extend the period for accepting entries to the Promotion, including in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
- Late entries will not be permitted.
Multiple entries permitted subject to the following: maximum six (6) entries per Individual (each entry submitted must feature a unique French Edito ‘look’). Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
Round 1: 6 Finalists Selected
- At the conclusion of the Promotional Period up to six (6) finalists will be selected by a panel of judges (“Judges”) to proceed to Round 2 (“Finalists”).
- The French Edito ‘look’ (as depicted in their Photo entries) will be judged to determine the Finalists. The evaluation criteria for the entries are as follows: diagnosis, perfect color execution (French Balayage or French Glossing), styling and final image.
Round 2: Determination of Style & Colour Trophy Winner + 1 Runners Up
- The Finalists will then be required to travel to Auckland to participate in Round 2. All costs associated with travel to/from Auckland will be the responsibility of the Finalist and their model. In Round 2 the Finalists will be required to create a new French Edito ‘look’ live, on the same model used for their original winning entry, and a professional photo shoot will take place to photograph the look created. Round 2 will take place on 7th August 2022. Further requirements for Round 2 are outlined below:
- Any rules that apply for the new look creation will be provided to Round 2, including for example, time limits, products to be used in the re-creation, etc.
- The Judges will assess the new created looks based on technical execution and the best Finalist overall, as determined by the Judges, will be deemed the Style & Colour Trophy national winner; and second best Finalist Overall, as determined by the Judges, will be deemed the 2nd Place National Finale Winner.
- Style and Colour Trophy
- The New Zealand Style & Colour Trophy winner will receive the opportunity to grow their professional profile, including digital amplification on social (rate card value of NZD$90,000). Exact inclusions and conditions associated with this prize will be determined by the Promoter.
- The winner will also win the opportunity to compete in the Style & Colour Trophy Award International Semi-Finale, to take place in the 1st half of September 2022 (location TBC).
- 2nd Place National Finale: The 2nd Place National Finale Winner will receive a NZD$1,000 L’Oréal Professionnel Education Voucher.
People’s Choice Award (1 total):
- Each of the six (6) Finalists and their new French Edito ‘look’ will be subject to a public vote based on the public’s ‘favourite look’ to determine the People’s Choice Award winner.
- To vote for a Finalist and their favourite look, a voter must visit https://styleandcolourtrophy.lorealprofessionnel.com/country/nz and select the Finalist which they wish to see win the People’s Choice Award.
- Voting for the People’s Choice Award is open 12.00am NZST on 3rd August 2022 to 11.59pm NZST on 7th August 2022.
- Voting open to all persons worldwide. Limit one (1) vote permitted per person.
- The Finalist that has received the highest number of valid votes at the end of the voting period (July 5th – July 7th 2022) will be declared the People’s Choice Award winner.
- People’s Choice Winner:
- The People’s Choice winner will receive an NZD$450 L’Oréal Professionnel Education Voucher.
In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry or award the prize to the eligible person with the next highest number of votes (as applicable), conduct a further judging to award the prize, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
- The entrant and voter agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that participation in this the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion and the Promoter are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The finalists and winners will be determined by skill. Chance plays no part in determining the finalists or winners. The judges' decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a voucher prize are not included. Any unused balance of a voucher prize will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a voucher prize is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the New Zealand National Finale event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow an entrant or winner to take part in any or all aspects of an event (including New Zealand National Finale) or prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that an entrant or winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in an event (including New Zealand National Finale) or accept the prize. It is a condition of participating in an event (including New Zealand National Finale) and accepting a prize that an entrant or winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to participating in an event (including New Zealand National Finale) or receiving a prize. If an entrant is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian of the entrant will be required to sign the release on their behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Fair Trading Act 1986 (NZ).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or by reason of government restrictions imposed in relation to COVID-19, or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify an event or prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- All material submitted on entry (e.g. Photo(s), photo(s), image(s), drawing(s), comment(s), sound/video recording(s) and answer(s) to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph. The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.