Terms & Conditions
SUNCORP BANK WIN $50,000 CASH FOR A RENO PROMOTION ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- DRAW AND PRIZES
- PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZES GENERALLY
- PRIZE WINNERS
- PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
- This Promotion ("Promotion") is conducted by Suncorp-Metway Limited ABN 66 010 831 722 (Suncorp Bank) (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 11 55.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. Participation in the Promotion (including by accepting a Prize), is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Promotion entry commences at 12:00AM on Tuesday 24 August 2021 and closes at 11:59PM on Wednesday 12 January 2022 (Promotion Period). Except as otherwise stated, all times are AEST/AEDT (as applicable).
- The Promotion is only open to individuals who:
- are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry;
- are not directors, management or employees, or members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling or child) of employees of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies directly associated with the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter, subject to the Promoter’s reasonable efforts to identify); and
- are a borrower (new or existing) who holds (as recorded in the Promoter’s records) an Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan (as set out below) as at 11:59pm on 12 January 2022,
- (referred to as an Eligible Entrant).
- An Eligible Entrant who satisfies the Additional Entry Conditions will be automatically entered into the Promotion.
- In these terms and conditions:
- The Additional Entry Conditions, which must be satisfied to be entered under condition 5, means the following conditions:
- the Eligible Entrant must consent to receive Suncorp marketing communications and must not have opted out of receiving Suncorp marketing communications by the end of the Promotion Period and must not opt out through to the Draw Date (including any redraw date(s) if drawn a winner in the redraw) (Suncorp Marketing Condition). An Eligible Entrant may call 13 11 55 to update Suncorp marketing preferences to comply with these conditions; and
- if an Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan was settled before or during the Promotion Period, the Eligible Entrant must continue to hold the same Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan through to 12 January 2022. If the Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan is cancelled or no longer held (as recorded in the Promoter’s records) by the Eligible Entrant as at 12 January 2022, the Eligible Entrant will forfeit entry into the Promotion.
- An Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan is an Suncorp Bank Back to Basics Loan, Suncorp Bank Standard Variable Loan, Suncorp Bank Variable Loan, Suncorp Bank (1, 2, 3 or 5 Year) Fixed Rate Loan, Suncorp Bank Access Equity Loan, Suncorp Bank Asset Line, Suncorp Bank Professional Asset Line, Suncorp Bank Annual Interest in Advance Loan, Suncorp Bank Affinity Loan, Suncorp Bank Professional Ready Access Loan or Suncorp Bank Ready Access Loan with a minimum amount of $150,000 as at 11:59pm on 12 January 2022 which is secured by a mortgage or other security granted in favour of the Promoter over a residential investment or owner occupied property and which the loan is in the name of at least one individual borrower, excluding the following: a Suncorp Bank loan product for which at least one of the borrowers is a company, partnership, trustee (including an individual acting in a trustee capacity), body corporate or other non-individual entity;
- In relation to the Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loans, these banking products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882 Australian Credit Licence 229882 (Suncorp Bank) to approved applicants only. Please read the relevant Product Information Document, Lending Fees and Charges and Home Package Plus Terms and Conditions before making a decision regarding any Suncorp Bank products. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request or on the Product Information Documents and Forms page on the Promoter’s website: www.suncorp.com.au.
- The Additional Entry Conditions, which must be satisfied to be entered under condition 5, means the following conditions:
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan, regardless of the number of borrowers listed on the loan.
- Any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter automatically enters into the Promotion in accordance with clause 5 who wishes to not participate in the Promotion can email [email protected] and request for their entry to be removed from the draw (Promotion Opt Out). If any Eligible Entrant requests for their entry to be removed from the draw prior to the Draw Date (or any redraw dates, as applicable) they will forfeit their entry into the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion:
- to require each such participant or Eligible Entrant to provide proof to the Promotor’s reasonable satisfaction that the participant is an Eligible Entrant. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion; and
- to declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant who participates in this Promotion but does not comply with these terms and conditions, who tampers with the entry or draw process, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or who otherwise acts in relation to this Promotion or an Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan in a way which the Promoter believes is fraudulent, misleading or deceptive or in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Eligible Entrants may only enter the Promotion in their own name. Multiple entries are permitted, but each entry must comply with these terms and conditions and relate to a separate Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan. Maximum of one (1) Prize permitted per person (excluding SA). In the case of joint or co-borrowers on an Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan, the joint prize winners must nominate one borrower to receive the Prize.
DRAW AND PRIZES
- There will be one (1) draw and two (2) prize winners drawn. There are 2 prizes of $50,000 AUD to be won (Prize(s)). The prize draw will be held at 2.30pm AEDT on 14 January 2022 (Draw Date) at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000.
- All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be entered into the prize draw.
- Draws will be made from all Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loans as recorded in the Promoter’s records in accordance with clause 5. The first two (2) Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loans drawn electronically from all relevant entries received in the draw will be the winners, and the associated Eligible Entrant(s) will receive the Prize. However, once an Eligible Entrant has been drawn as a winner, any subsequent draw of that Eligible Entrant as a winner (and, in the case of joint or co- borrowers, any subsequent draw of any Eligible Suncorp Bank Home Loan in respect of which that Eligible Entrant holds an interest) will be deemed invalid and a replacement draw undertaken (to ensure an Eligible Entrant only receives a maximum of one Prize). This clause excludes SA residents.
- The Promoter may draw reserve entries in a prize draw and record them in order to use in the instance an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a Prize is not claimed in accordance with these Promotion terms and conditions (“Reserve Entries”).
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZES GENERALLY
- The total Prize pool is valued at $100,000 AUD including any applicable GST.
- Each Prize winner will be required to provide the details of one (1) nominated Australian bank account for the Prize to be deposited into, within 28 days from notification of winning the Prize.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a Prize, are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to any travel expenses associated with the Prize (if applicable).
- No compensation will be payable if a winner or recipient is unable to take the Prize or any element of a Prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the Prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other Prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements, as applicable), for whatever reason. Any part of a Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or recipient or any other party if a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as expressly stated in these terms and conditions, a Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another Prize, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State/ Territory legislation.
- Each Prize winner will be notified within two (2) business days of the draw by a phone call and in writing by email (using the contact details for the Eligible Entrant in the Promoter’s records), and their name, town/suburb and State/Territory will be published in The Australian newspaper on or before 25 January 2022 and on the Promoter’s website for a minimum period of 28 days. The Promotor is entitled to draw additional entries in the case of ineligibility.
- The prizes will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion. Each Prize will be deposited into the Australian bank account nominated by the winner subject to and in accordance with clause 18.
- If any Prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint or co-borrowers), the joint prize winners must nominate one account into which the one Prize can be deposited. If the Prize is won jointly, the Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between any persons with whom the primary contact person chooses to, or chooses not to, share the Prize, and Promoter will not be liable for any decision in this regard.
- The Promotor reserves the right to redraw the winner of a Prize in the Promotion in the event a Prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions or forfeits or does not claim a Prize.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a Prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 12 April 2022 or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a Prize in accordance with these terms and conditions, the relevant Prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 12.00pm on 13 April 2022 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed Prizes awarded to the first valid entry/ies randomly drawn. The name of any resulting redrawn winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Promoter’s website and in The Australian newspaper on or before 27 April 2022. The redraw prize winner will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email (using the contact details for the Eligible Entrant in the Promoter’s records). If the prize remains un-won at the end of this Promotion, or if a prize winner cannot be found, that information will be published on the Promoter’s website within 2 weeks of the Promoter being unable to contact or locate a prize winner.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, pandemic, epidemic, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures or in connection with Covid-19), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Promotion (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a Prize.
- 4. If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider your point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- A winner accepts a Prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize or grant is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Promotion or Prize including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize or grant, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Promotion using social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter (Social Media Platform). However, the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Each entrant completely releases the Social Media Platforms from any and all liability in relation to this Promotion, and acknowledges that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Eligible Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to any Social Media Platforms.
- Proof of identity, residency and eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a person cannot provide suitable proof, they may forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promotor reserves the right to vary the rules of the Promotion or any Prizes offered or cancel the Promotion (or any aspect of the Promotion) if it is no longer able to run the Promotion due to reasons beyond its control (subject to any applicable law). The Promotor will not be liable for any losses to any person arising from any variation or cancellation, and will not offer or pay any compensation.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Promotion and, where applicable, publicise the winners. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. The winner’s name will also be published on the Promoter’s website. By participating in the Promotion (and/or accepting a Prize), Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- Entry into the Promotion also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the Suncorp brand (“we”/”us”) to let the eligible entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Entrants may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time using information contained in a marketing message or by making a request during a telephone call. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Promotion Period and through to the Draw Date (and any redraw dates).
- Promotion permit numbers ACT TP TP21/01429& SA T21/1305, & NSW Authority Number TP/01271.
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Plexus’ terms and conditions generator can assist with the complete life cycle of your promotion, from drafting terms and conditions to contacting and publishing prize winners.