Terms & Conditions
TAB Quaddie Playoffs 2022 (Winter) ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible Teams:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- TAB Quaddie Playoffs:
- Prize Conditions:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
TAB Quaddie Playoffs 2022 (Winter)
Tabcorp Holdings Limited ABN 66 063 780 709, 727 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3008, Australia. Ph: 03 9246 6010
Start date: 05/05/22 at 12:00 pm AEST
End date: 28/05/22 at 03:00 pm AEST
- Entry is only open to teams consisting of up to 4 people. All members of a team must be an ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS or VIC resident aged 18 years and over.
- Entrants are not required to have a TAB account to enter.
- The directors, officers and employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and their immediate families and any of the Promoter’s contractors associated with this Promotion, including participating venues, businesses involved in determination of winner(s) for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, or the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies, and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Promotion (unless otherwise specified in these Conditions of Entry).
- Excluded Persons are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. “Excluded Persons” means any person identified as:
- a minor;
- a problem gambler;
- a person who has previously engaged in fraudulent behaviour (with respect to the Promoter or otherwise);
- a self-excluded patron;
- an involuntarily excluded patron;
- directors or management of a corporate bookmaker; and
- a customer who has previously been excluded from promotions (including promo offers, bonus bet, cash back and trade promotions) conducted by the Promoter.
- If a person is identified as an Excluded Person, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the person to take part in the Promotion, or receive, any or all aspects of the prize, and the Promoter will notify any relevant regulator accordingly where required by law to do so.
- If one or more members of a team are deemed ineligible due to the TAB vetting process, then that whole team will be deemed ineligible to win any prize.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, one (1) member of an eligible team (on behalf of the team), must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- visit https://tabinfo.com.au/quaddieplayoffs, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page and input all requested details; and
- submit the fully completed entry form.
Any person who completes the entry form on behalf of their team must obtain consent from all members of the team to be entered into this Promotion and provide their details as part of the entry requirements.
Each person may enter as part of one (1) team entry submission only.
TAB Quaddie Playoffs:
- The TAB Quaddie Playoffs will be played over the course of four (4) consecutive Saturdays, from Saturday from 7 May 2022 – Saturday 28 May 2022:
- Week 1: Saturday 7 May 2022 - SA Quaddie at Morphettville
- Week 2: Saturday 14 May 2022 - QLD Quaddie at Doomben
- Week 3: Saturday 21 May 2022 - VIC Quaddie at Flemington
- Week 4: Saturday 28 May 2022 - NSW Quaddie at Randwick
- Every week during the TAB Quaddie Playoffs, each Team will be provided a virtual $50 Quaddie bet and they will be asked to submit their Quaddie selections for an Australian thoroughbred TAB meeting for that week (as specified by the Promoter). The Promoter will provide each Team with instructions on how to place the virtual Quaddie bets and which Australian thoroughbred TAB meeting the virtual bets relate to. Each Team's virtual winnings from their virtual bets each week will be tallied.
- The Team with the most virtual winnings each week (“Weekly Winner”) will win AUD$10,000 (“Weekly Prize”). In the event of a tie, between two (2) or more Teams for a Weekly Prize, the Team who placed their winning selection first will win the Weekly Prize (e.g if Team A placed the winning bet at 9am and Team B placed the winning bet at 9:30am, Team A will be declared the Weekly Winner).
- There will be a total of four (4) Weekly Prizes throughout the Promotion.
- At the end of the Promotional Period, the Promoter will review the virtual weekly winnings of all Teams. The five (5) Teams to make the most in virtual winnings on any particular week during the Promotional Period will win the corresponding prizes (according to their rank):
- 1st: AUD$10,000
- 2nd: AUD$8,000
- 3rd: AUD$6,000
- 4th: AUD$4,000
- 5th: AUD$2,000
- In the event of a tie, between two (2) or more Teams for any of the above prizes, then the Team who placed the winning bet at the earliest time will win the higher value prize. For the sake of clarity, in the event that there are two (2) or more Teams tied for the 5th place prize, the Team who placed the winning bet at the earliest time will be declared the winner of the 5th place prize and the remaining tied Team(s) will not receive a prize.
- The Quaddie Pool returns will be calculated from the NSW Pool every week.
The cash prize will be shared evenly between the members of the winning team.
The winners must provide the Promoter with the details of their nominated Australian bank account that is held in each winner’s name within five (5) business days of being notified that they have won (by sending the Promoter a copy of a bank statement showing their nominated bank account details, name and current residential address). If a winner fails to complete this process they will forfeit their right to the prize.
In the case a prize is unclaimed by any Team, a further winner will be selected based on the applicable winning criteria and the prize awarded accordingly.
Total Prize Pool:
Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 22/00780 and NSW Authority No. GOCLP/1040.
General Terms and Conditions
Any person entering this promotion, including their team members (“you”) acknowledge and agree that you have read these Conditions of Entry and that by entering the Promotion you are deemed to have accepted these Conditions of Entry.
Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Promoter encourages the winner to seek independent financial and tax advice.
2. Exclusion of Liability
- Whilst the Promoter will use all reasonable endeavours to arrange the delivery of a prize, by entering this Promotion, a winner acknowledges that circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter may prevent the delivery of the prize (including the failure by the winner to notify the Promoter of any change to their delivery details). In such circumstances where the Promoter forms a reasonable belief that any delay or loss of the prize has not been caused or contributed by the winner’s negligence, fraud or misconduct, the Promoter may (if circumstances permit) re-deliver the prize to the winner.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss, including, but not limited to, direct, consequential (including economic) or indirect loss or any loss of profits, by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or their servants or agents, in connection with this Promotion or the arrangement for supply, or the supply or failure to supply, of any goods or services by any person to a winner.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affect, nor is intended to affect, any rights that you might have that are not able to be excluded under applicable Australian consumer protection laws.
3. Use of Personal Information / Marketing
- The Promoter complies with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Any entries become the property of the Promoter. Any information provided will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this Promotion.
- The Promoter may disclose your personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion or communicating with you.
- By entering the Promotion, you consent to your personal information being collected, used and disclosed by the Promoter, its agents, affiliates, related business companies, other companies associated with this Promotion, and business partners for any promotional activities, including by using your entry (or part thereof) in social media posts, your personal participation in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter, and any marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to you.
- If you opt-in to receiving marketing communications at the time of entering this Promotion, you authorise the Promoter, its agents, affiliates, related business companies, other companies associated with this Promotion and business partners to send you future direct mail and/or electronic messages including but not limited to, SMS, MMS, and email regarding any promotional, marketing and publicity activities.
- You consent to the notification of your personal information to any relevant regulator or state or territory department where required by law to do so. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winner’s names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to provide you reasonable prior notice where their personal information is going to be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments or published under lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any personal information should be directed to the Promoter.
- You consent to the publication of your name and suburb of residence (however their full address will not be published) and agree to participate in reasonable Promotion activities as requested by the Promoter without any further payment or compensation.
4. Consent to public use of content for media and promotional purposes
- By entering this Promotion, you consent to the Promoter, its employees, agents and its related entities using your entry (or part thereof) or taking, recreating, re-enacting and using (or permitting authorised third parties to use) writings (including stories) images (photographs or video) and/or sound recordings you have provided or the Promoter has obtained or produced and to reference your first name (the Content) in any public media (including social media), radio, television, internet or print, or in a Promoter publication, without any restriction on use (time, geographic, number of times of use, or otherwise).
- You understand and acknowledge that such Content may contain your personal information and that the intended use of such Content is for the Promoter’s advertising, marketing or promotional purposes, and without expectation of compensation or other benefit to you.
- You waive the right to or interest in the Content disclosed to the public, as contemplated in this release, and to the extent that any benefit accrues to the Promoter from the use of the Content, you forever waive any interest in or claim to such benefits.
- You release and forever discharge the Promoter (including without limitation all of its officers, employees, contractors and agents) from any and all claims, liability, actions, suits, demands, costs, expenses or indebtedness arising out of, related to, or in any way connected with the use of the Content, and waive all rights and interest in and to such materials.
- The Promoter, its employees, officers, agents and its parent companies and subsidiaries are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted;
- any injuries, losses (including, without limitation, loss of profits), or damages of any kind caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion or downloading material from tabrewards.com.au or tab.com.au or TAB App; or
- any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to:
- conduct a review of publicly available information and other information available to the Promoter in relation to the winner (which may include politically-exposed person, public record, social media, adverse media and other background checks) for the purpose of assessing the honesty and integrity of the relevant winner;
- in its sole and unfettered discretion, disqualify a winner where any check referred to in paragraph 4(b)(i) returns an adverse outcome;
- cancel or suspend the Promotion, should the security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Promotion be compromised in any way by way of any virus or bugs in the IT system used for this Promotion, unauthorised human intervention, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- disqualify any person who engages in offensive, illegal or objectionable conduct in respect of this Promotion;
- disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in accordance with any written directions given by any relevant government or regulatory authority to do so;
- request a winner provide proof of age, identity or proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, pandemic, systems failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion or part of the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to Australian law.
- By entering this Promotion, you acknowledge that it is a condition of accepting a prize that you may be required to sign a legal release in a form reasonably determined by the Promoter.
- To the extent that a situation or issue arises for which these Conditions of Entry make no provision or in relation to which the relevant Conditions of Entry are unclear, the Promoter will make a decision regarding such situation. You will have the right to request an internal review of the Promoter’s decision. Subject to any regulator direction to the contrary, the decision of the internal review will be final and binding.
- In the event that a winner is identified as being in breach of these Terms and Conditions (the “Refused Winner”), the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the winner to take part in, or receive, any or all aspects of a prize, and the Promoter will notify any relevant regulator accordingly where required by law to do so.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.