Terms & Conditions
THE ULTIMATE MAROONS EXPERIENCE ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Schedule A
- Details of Promotion:
- 1. Start Date: 01/05/2023 Start Time: 9.00AM AEST
- 2. Finish Date: 20/06/2023 Finish Time: 11:59PM AEST
- 3. Draw Details:
- 4. Prizes for Promotion:
- Promotion Period:
- ENTRY REQUIREMENT
- 6. WINNERS NOTIFICATION
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
THE ULTIMATE MAROONS EXPERIENCE
Details of Promotion:
Purchase a schooner of XXXX Gold in QLD and scan your members rewards card to go in the draw to win.
1. Start Date: 01/05/2023 Start Time: 9.00AM AEST
2. Finish Date: 20/06/2023 Finish Time: 11:59PM AEST
3. Draw Details:
Time: 10am AEST
Draw Date: 21/06/2023
The draw will be conducted at Star Hotels Head Office, 39 Harvey Street North, Eagle Farm via an automated electronic draw system. The winner will be notified via phone and email on the same draw of the draw. The winner will be published at https://starhotels.com.au/on 21/06/23. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days, the winner will forfeit their right to the prize and the prize will be redrawn at 10am AEST on 29/06/2023 at the same place as the original draw. The re-draw winner will be notified on the same day of the redraw & will be published at https://starhotels.com.au/ by 30/06/23. The prize must be taken as stated. If for any reason a prize winner cannot take a prize or any part of a prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, including at the time specified by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
4. Prizes for Promotion:
The prize consists of the following:
- Return economy airfares for 4 people from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Sydney, NSW;
- All airline and airport taxes;
- Private return transfers from airport to accommodation;
- $1,500 spending money;
- 1 night accommodation at West Hotel Sydney, Curio Collection by Hilton (or similar) - 2x rooms - twin share (or similar) with breakfast included; and
- Tickets to the State of Origin Game 3 on Wednesday 12 July 2023 for 4 people.
Value of the prize = Up to $9,700 depending on exact date and point of departure
Number of prizes = 1
Total Prize Pool: Up to $9,700
- Both the winner and their guests for the prize must be aged 18 years or over.
- This prize is for or relates to the State of Origin Game 3 on 12/07/23 (the “Event”). If the winner is unwilling or unable to attend the Event, they will forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The State of Origin Game 3 tickets are subject to the Event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and Event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companions for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
- Travel must be taken on the date required by the Promoter to coincide with State of Origin Game 3 event. If the winner is unavailable on unwilling to travel on the dates required by the Promoter to coincide with this Event, they will forfeit their right to the prize and will not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
- Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- The winner and his/her travel companion/s must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description, are not included.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at accommodation check in.
- In the event that the State of Origin Game 3 does not go ahead or attendance is limited or prohibited as a result of any government imposed COVID-19 restrictions, the Promoter may, in its discretion award a substitute prize.
- The winner and their travelling companions are responsible for meeting all travel and health requirements for any interstate travel. It is the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companions to check with all government health authorities regarding travel requirements and eligibility. Any fines, penalties, expenditure or inability to travel as a consequence of not meeting such requirements are the sole responsibility of the winner and their travelling companions.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any of the destinations or events forming part of the prize. It is the sole responsibility of winner to check government advisories and/or conditions regarding the safety and situation of any such destinations.
1. The Promotion will commence on the date and time as outlined in Schedule A.1.
2. The Promotion will finish on the date and time as outlined in Schedule A.2.
“Star Rewards” means the Star Rewards Loyalty Program.
“Member” means a person who has submitted their details and accepted the terms and conditions of Star Rewards Loyalty and is not suspended or has been excluded from the participating venue or from Star Rewards.
“Eligible Member” means a Member who has a valid entry into the promotion.
“Loyalty System” means the Star Rewards Database that contains the Star Rewards Members personal details.
“Promoter” means Star Rewards part of Star Group Management Pty Ltd (ABN 66 615 791 681), Albert Street Brisbane QLD 4000.
“Participating Venue” means all Star Hotel venues in Queensland where The Ultimate Maroons Experience promotion is advertised.
“Name of Promotion” means the name in Schedule A.
“Valid Entry” means an entry that has been issued to an Eligible Member who has met all conditions of the promotion.
“Draw Date” means the day that the winner will be drawn for this promotion
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period: purchase a XXXX Gold Schooner - PLU 496 (“Eligible Product”) from any Participating Venue and swipe their Star Rewards member card at checkout
3. Entry into this Promotion is open to each current member (a “member”) of the Star Rewards Loyalty Program (“Star Rewards”) as provided further in these Terms and Conditions.
4. In order to participate in the Promotion, persons must be aged 18 years of age or over, a Queensland resident, and must be a member of the Star Rewards Program and NOT be currently excluded (whether self-excluded or otherwise) from any Participating Venue in which the Promotion is taking place. Directors, staff, shareholders, officers, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, Participating Venues and their agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter; and if drawn their entry will be discarded and declared invalid and another Member will be drawn.
4.1 See Schedule Eligibility section above for instructions.
4.2 All entries into the Promotion will be administered by the Promoter, via the computer software or other method chosen by the promoter.
4.3 Multiple entries permitted subject to the following: a) limit one (1) entry permitted per qualifying transaction; b) maximum of one (1) entry permitted per person per day; and c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above.
4.4 Any valid entry ticket issued via the methods outlined in 4.1 will be automatically entered into the Draw.
4.5 An Entry may not be considered valid if any of the following members details are missing from the computer records of Star Rewards database.
Member’s Full Name:
1 Email or 1 Mobile Number
It is the responsibility of the Member to ensure that their details are correct and entered into the loyalty system of Star Rewards, the promoter takes no responsibility for any Member that is missing details.
HOW THE PROMOTION WORKS
A Member is eligible to earn tickets at any Participating Venue in the Star Rewards Network.
A member will earn 1 ticket for each purchase of the Eligible Product listed in the Eligibility section above, subject to limits in clause 4.3 above.
The Draw will take place on the date and time specified in Schedule A.3.
6. WINNERS NOTIFICATION
The winner will be notified by phone call and email on the day of the draw.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
8. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence .
9. If the Promoter reasonably suspects that the Prize Winner is not eligible, has breached these Terms and Conditions or has acted improperly to increase their chances of winning any Prize during the promotion period, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to the Prize Winner and conduct a re-draw.
10. The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value. The Prize(s) are non-transferable.
11. Subject to the consumer guarantees set out in Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law (as defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (the “Consumer Guarantees”), the Promoter does not warrant the merchantability, suitability and/or fitness for purpose of any goods and/or services awarded as a Prize.
12. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control, the Prize (or part of any Prize) is unavailable. The Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or part of the Prize) with an alternative prize to the equal value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law and subject to the Consumer Guarantees and to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
13. Information on how to enter, and the Prize itself, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Promotion by an Entrant (and acceptance of a Prize by the Prize Winner) confirms their acceptance of the Terms and Conditions governing the Promotion.
14. Directors, management and employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption).
15. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Prize Winner provide proof of age and identity prior to awarding the Prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
16. If, in the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right (unless doing so would be prohibited by any law including the consumer guarantees set out in the Consumer Guarantees) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to any written directions from the State or Territory regulations.
17. Decisions of the Promoter are final. No correspondence will be entered into. To the extent that a situation or issue arises for which these Terms and Conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant Terms and Conditions are unclear, the Promoter reserves the right to make a decision regarding such situation or issue in its sole and absolute discretion and such decision will be final and binding.
18. Each Entrant consents to the Promoter using (or permitting authorized third parties to use) the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), the Promoter and or products/services supplied by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/.... Please refer to the GL4001 ‘Liquor promotion guidelines’ and GL4003 ‘Intoxication guidelines’ at liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or is otherwise involved in any conduct that involved manipulating, interfering or tampering with this Promotion or otherwise preventing the conduct of the Promotion as intended by the Promoter.
22. Except for any implied condition or warranty (including any applicable Consumer Guarantee) the exclusion of which from these Terms and Conditions would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void (“Non-Excludable Condition”), the Promoter excludes from these Terms and Conditions all conditions, warranties and terms, implied by statute, general law or custom. Except for any liability in relation to a Non-Excludable Condition, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, contractors and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including, without limitation, negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss, damage, cost, expense, damage or claim suffered, sustained or incurred (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss of profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising either directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Promotion or the Prize, including (without limitation) the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax implications; (f) the cancellation or postponement of an event which constitutes the prize; and/or (g) the Prize or use of the Prize.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or ineligible entries.
24. Any further enquiries should be directed to the Participating Venue.
25. A Participating Venue will not offer this Promotion as an inducement directed at encouraging patrons to gamble in line with relevant state gambling authorities.
26. Lion Beer is not responsible for or connected to the Promotion other than as prize supplier.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Wanting to run your own game of skill or game of chance competition? Plexus is the end-to-end tool that you need to make it successful.