Terms & Conditions
Travel Research - Australian Geographic ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Travel Research - Australian Geographic
Australian Geographic Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 12 624 547 922, 52-54 Turner St, Redfern, NSW 2016, Australia. Ph: 02 9331 7334
Start date: 03/02/22 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 24/02/22 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 16 years and over. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must visit https://www.australiangeograph..., follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, date of birth, email address and state/territory of residence), provide an answer to the competition question "In 25 words or less, tell us where you want to travel in Australia and why?"; and complete all the questions in the survey during the Promotional Period.
Only one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is a $2,500.00 gift card. Gift card awarded will either be a VISA or Mastercard, as determined by the Promoter.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
The winner will be contacted by email within seven (7) business days of the judging.
In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry, conduct a further judging to award the prize, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- The winner will be determined by representatives of the Promoter. Each entry will be judged on the basis of the individual creative merit of the answer provided to the competition question.
- The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win the prize specified in the Schedule above.
- The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
- The winner will be determined by skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges' decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- All material submitted on entry (e.g. survey response(s), photo(s), image(s), drawing(s), comment(s), sound/video recording(s) and answer(s) to the competition question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph.The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.