Terms & Conditions
Derby Day + Melbourne Cup 2022 General Admission Tickets ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Participating Venues:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Prize Conditions:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Derby Day + Melbourne Cup 2022 General Admission Tickets
Lion - Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Ltd ABN 13 008 596 370, Level 7, 68 York St, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. Ph: 1800 677 852
Start date: Monday 26/09/2022 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: Sunday 16/10/2022 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to VIC residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- purchase a round of two (2) Furphy pints in one (1) transaction, to share, from any Participating Venue; and
- visit the promotional website (by scanning the QR code advertised in venue); and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details as requested, upload a scanned copy or photo of the receipt for the qualifying transaction and (optional) select the tick box to consent to receipt of marketing from the Promoter.
Proof of Purchase: The entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt for the qualifying transaction.
Bunch of Grapes
North Ballarat Sports
The Nash Clunes
Full Moon Saloon
Brown Hill Hotel
Shamrock Hotel Echuca
Warrnambool Bowls Club
Railway Hotel South Melbourne
The Breslin Bar and Grill
Railway Hotel Yarraville
Back Alley Sallys
Railway Hotel Windsor
Yarra Glen Grand Hotel
The Fifth Province
Yarra Valley Grand Hotel
Pig & Whistle Tavern
The Duck Inn Marysville
Yarrawonga Golf Club
Shepparton Golf Club
Mooroopna Golf Club
West Side Tavern
Ringwood Bowls Club
PJ's South Gate
Ludlow Bar and Dining
Queen Victoria Hotel
Corowa Golf Club
Howlong Country Golf Club
Holbrook RSL Cub
Thurgoona Country Club Resort
The Star Hotel Sale
Waterwheel Beach Tavern
The Wy Yung Pub
81 Fine Food & Wine
Paradise Valley Hotel
The Pine Grove Hotel
General Public Dingley
General Public Frankston
Malvernvale Club Hotel
London Tavern Hotel
Skinny Dogg Hotel
Box Hill RSL
Notting Hill Hotel
The Outer Circle
The Bank Carnegie
The Acorn Bar and Restaurant
North Pier hotel
Western Port Hotel
Quiet Man Irish pub
The Prince Seymour
Multiple entries permitted subject to the following:
- maximum of one (1) entry permitted per qualifying transaction;
- limit one (1) entry permitted per person per day; and
- each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above.
The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize.
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Prize 1: The prize is 2 x adult general admission tickets to the Lexus Melbourne Cup Day at Flemington Racecourse Melbourne on 1/11/22.
102 (1 per Participating Venue)
Draw: electronic draw – 17/10/2022 at 12:00 pm AEDT
Prize 2: The prize is 2 x adult general admission tickets to the Penfolds Victoria Derby Day at Flemington Racecourse Melbourne on 29/10/22.
102 (1 per Participating Venue)
Draw: electronic draw – 17/10/2022 at 12:00 pm AEDT
This prize is for or relates to the following events: Penfolds Victoria Derby Day at Flemington Racecourse Melbourne, and Lexus Melbourne Cup Day at Flemington Racecourse Melbourne on the specified dates above (each an “Event”). If the winner is unwilling or unable to attend at the designated time for an Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
The ticket prizes are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
All costs associated with travel to and from the Event will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest for the prize.
The winners will be notified by email and phone within two (2) days of the draw.
Prize must be claimed by 24/10/22 at 11:00 am AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 24/10/22 at 12:00 pm AEDT at DE Advertising, Level 3, 204 Clarence St, Sydney 2000 NSW. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email and phone within one (1) day of the redraw.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- A separate draw will take place for each Participating Venue at DE Advertising, Level 3, 204 Clarence St, Sydney 2000 NSW at 12:00 pm AEDT on 17/10/22 using an electronic draw system.
- The first two (2) valid entries drawn in each Participating Venue will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above.
- The prizes will be drawn in descending order of value.
- The draw conductor may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/.... Entry and continued participation in this Promotion is subject to the Participating Venue's liquor serving policy.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or is otherwise involved in any conduct that involved manipulating, interfering or tampering with this Promotion or otherwise preventing the conduct of the Promotion as intended by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and their guest) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.