2. What personal information do we collect?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which includes but is not limited to:
– Identity Data including your first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender. If you are a secondee to our secondment business, this also includes your employment details.
– Contact Data including your email address and telephone numbers.
– Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
– Technical Data including internet protocol address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the websites, Software and services.
– Profile Data including your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
– Usage Data including analytics and information about how you use our websites, Software and services.
– Marketing and Communications
– Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
3. How is the personal data collected?
We collect certain personal data about visitors and users of our websites, in the course of the services we provide and when using our Software. For example: we receive and may store your personal information when you subscribe to our websites or newsletter, request a demonstration of our Software, through direct interactions with us, such as consulting with our employees in relation to our services, registering to work as a secondee, subscribing and using the Software or by otherwise providing information about yourself to us by whatever means.
4. What happens if you fail to provide personal data or provide incorrect personal data?
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract or proposed arrangement and you fail to provide that data when requested or provide incorrect data, we may not be able to perform the contract or proposed arrangement. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us or propose to have with us but we will notify you accordingly.
5. Personal information we collect about you from others
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
– third party service providers (like Google and LinkedIn etc.). The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorised by you via your privacy settings with that service provider; and
– other third party sources and/or partners where you are located, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data. We also receive information about you and your activities from the Software.
6. Where and how we store and send your personal information?
The personal information collected by us may be stored electronically in our electronic databases, on third party’s databases or Cloud-based servers, which may be located in countries other than the country you live in, such as Australia, UK and USA. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
7. How do we use your personal information?
We may use, process or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected (i.e. to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you), the purposes to which you have consented, for the purposes as required and authorised by applicable laws and regulations.
– to provide the relevant products, Software and services you request, including sending notification messages, authenticate users, pre-fill forms for automating contracts etc.
– for enquiries regarding our services, Software and products and complaints
– to utilize integrated AI tools in our Software for document discovery and scanning, insight, and generative technology to optimize and improve the performance of our services.
– sending users newsletters (where you have given your consent)
– to make you aware of new services, functions or features to our products and Software complete your purchase transactions, fulfil your orders, keep you informed about the status of our services, the Software and your orders
– improve our Software, services and service/product offerings, customer service and success, and overall user experience
– for market research and statistical purposes, including analysing the use and performance of our Software, products and services and information about visitors to the websites
– to update and maintain the accuracy of our information for marketing and promotional purposes (where you have given your consent)
– to do demonstrations of the Software
– for any purpose we believe to be reasonably necessary for our or any third parties’ legitimate interests.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us using the details below.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
8. To who is your personal data disclosed?
We may disclose personal information to the following recipients:
– any companies in our group of companies;
– subcontractors and third party service providers who assist us in conducting our businesses and in connection with the ways we use personal information, including without limitation, external IT providers and other Cloud-based third parties, AI software tools, website hosting providers, technical and customer support services, recruitment agencies, marketing and analytics services, payment processing services – noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations;
– if you are a legal secondee, we may use the information you supply to us to offer your services to potential clients as part of our secondment business; our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.);
– regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
– a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets, business or shares, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
– a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
– a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
– a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
– other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
9. How can you find out what personal information we hold about you and correct it if necessary?
As the personal information we initially collect may change, we encourage you to update the personal information we hold. If you would like to update or correct your personal information, send us an email using the contact details at the end of this policy. If you wish to access the information we hold about you or if you have a complaint regarding the privacy of your information, please email us. We have the right to refuse access to any information in certain circumstances pursuant to applicable legislation and retain the right to refuse access in those circumstances. If your request is onerous, we may ask you to pay our reasonable costs and expenses.
If you’re a resident in the European Economic Area or the UK, you are entitled to:
– request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data;
– request your personal data be transferred to another person or to yourself;
– request to restrict or object to processing, or withdraw consent to processing; and
– complain to a supervisory authority.
If you’re a resident in California, USA, you are entitled to:
– request to obtain a copy of your personal data including additional details regarding how information is used, collected, shared or sold in the preceding 12 months;
– request to opt out of sale of their personal data, if applicable; and
– not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
If you’re located in Australia: please email us if you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds us, and we will deal with the complaint as soon as practicable.
You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security or privacy. We use third party service providers to process data. We currently store personal information on secure servers in Australia that are managed by us and/or our service providers. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption.
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed our newsletter or email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving information from us), we will send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
12. Cookies and web analytics
When you visit our websites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity – for example:
– your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
– the domain name you requested; the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
– the date and time of your visit to the website;
– the length of your session;
– the pages which you have accessed;
– the number of times you access our site within any month; the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
– the website which referred you to our website; and the operating system which your computer uses
Occasionally, we will use third party advertising companies to serve ads based on prior visits to our websites. For example, if you visit our websites, you may later see an advertisement for our products and services when you visit a different website.
By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our websites may not work properly in your case.
13. How long do we keep your personal information?
14. Third-party links
The websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party sites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our websites, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
16. Contact us
Download the ebook
A General Counsel's guide to modernising their legal function.
Request a Demo
Want to speak to someone instead?
Call us on 1300 983 907
Thanks for reaching out.
One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.