Terms & Conditions
Spring Racing 2023 Digital Passport ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Promotional Period
- Eligible entrants
- How to Enter
- Entries permitted
- Allocation of prize draw entries
- Total Prize Pool
- Prize Details
- Further Prize Details
- Winner notification
- Unclaimed Prizes
- Further Conditions
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Spring Racing 2023 Digital Passport
Australian Leisure and Hospitality Group Pty Ltd ABN 37 067 391 511, Level 2, 10 Yarra Street, South Yarra, VIC 3141, Australia. Ph: 03 9829 1000
For any inquiries regarding this Promotion, please contact the Promoter at [email protected] or on 03 9829 1000
Start date: 14/10/23 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 09/11/23 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- visit a participating ALH venue and scan the QR Code appearing on the Spring Racing 2023 campaign poster to access the promotional registration page;
- provide the requested details (including their name and email address) and details of their current ALH venue location to collect an initial Entry Stamp; and
- once registered, entrants must visit a participating ALH venue on a nominated race day and scan the QR Code appearing on the Spring Racing 2023 campaign poster to provide the requested details and receive a further ‘Entry Stamp’.
Entrants only need to register for this promotion once. Once registered, entrants simply need to scan the QR Code appearing on the Spring Racing 2023 campaign poster and follow the instructions provided in order to receive an Entry Stamp for that nominated race day.
The Spring Racing 2023 campaign posters will be available throughout the Promotional Period. Stamps can only be accrued on nominated race days, as follows:
- The Everest (14 October 2023);
- Caulfield Cup (21 October 2023);
- Cox Plate (28 October 2023);
- Derby Day (4 November 2023);
- Melbourne Cup (7 November 2023); and
- Oaks Day (9 November 2023).
Entrants will be eligible to win an Instant Win Prize for each stamp collected (including the stamp collected upon registration). Entries into the prize draw will be allocated as outlined below.
Multiple entries permitted subject to the following:
- limit one (1) instant win chance permitted per person per stamp collected;
- limit one (1) draw prize per person (excludes SA entrants);
- limit one (1) instant win prize per person per day (excludes SA entrants); and
- each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Allocation of prize draw entries
Entries to the prize draw will be allocated as follows:
- Collection of 1 stamp = 1 entry in the prize draw;
- Collection of 2 stamps = 2 additional entries in the prize draw (i.e. 3 entries in total);
- Collection of 3 stamps = 3 additional entries in the prize draw (i.e. 4 entries in total);
- Collection of 4 stamps = 4 additional entries in the prize draw (i.e. 5 entries in total);
- Collection of 5 stamps = 5 additional entries in the prize draw (i.e. 6 entries in total);
- Collection of 6 stamps = 6 additional entries in the prize draw (i.e. 7 entries in total); and
- Collection of 7 stamps = 7 additional entries in the prize draw (i.e. 8 entries in total).
Each QR code can only be scanned once (i.e. the initial QR code can be scanned for registration once and each Race day QR code can scanned for entry into the prize draw once).
Total Prize Pool
Up to AUD $82,081.00
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Draw Prize 1: The prize is trip to Kununurra, WA for the winner and a friend (to be taken any time between 15/05/24 and 27/05/24) and includes the following:
Two (2) return economy class flights from the winner's nearest Australian state or territory capital city to Kununurra, Western Australia.
Return airport transfers in Kununurra, WA.
Two (2) nights accommodation (4 stars) in Kununurra, WA.
A driver / guide for 3 nights / 4 days in the Kimberley including all meals and camping equipment required for this component of the trip.
Outback Whisky Tasting Experience for two (2) adults with a Jack Daniel’s Brand Ambassador including 4WD transfers to the Cockburn Ranges located in the Kimberley, in Far North West Australia.
$1000AUD spending money.
The price is based upon a trip length of five (5) nights /six (6) days.
Up to AUD$21,163.00 depending on the winner’s point of departure
Draw: computerised random selection - 13/11/23 at 12:00 pm AEDT
Draw Prize 2: The prize is $5,000 worth of MasterCard gift cards.
Draw: computerised random selection - 13/11/23 at 12:00 pm AEDT
Instant Win Prize 1: The prize is Traeger Timberline 850 with cover and 9kg bag of pellets.
Instant Win Prize 2: The prize is Yeti Cooler.
Instant Win Prize 3: The prize is a $50 ALH voucher, redeemable for food and beverages only.
85 x validity period 15/10/23 - 22/10/23
85 x validity period 22/10/23 - 29/10/23
85 x validity period 29/10/23 - 05/11/23
85 x validity period 05/11/23 - 12/11/23
85 x validity period 08/11/23 - 15/11/23
85 x validity period 10/11/23 - 17/11/23
85 per nominated race day ($4,250 in total)
Further Prize Details
- Travel must be taken between 15/05/24 and 27/05/24 to coincide with the ‘Outback Whisky Tasting Experience’. If the winner is unavailable on unwilling to travel on the aforementioned date/s required by the Promoter to coincide with this activity, they will forfeit their right to the prize and will not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
- Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
- The winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have any requisite vaccinations and travel documentation.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description, are not included.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at accommodation check in.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming any gift card/voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card/voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card/voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card/voucher.
Draw winners will be contacted by the Promoter’s agency (Wink) via email within seven (7) days of the draw. Winners of prizes over $50 will be published at springracing.win by 27/11/23.
Draw Prizes and Instant Win Prizes 1 – 2 must be claimed by 15/01/24 at 12:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed draw prize or an unclaimed Instant Win Prize 1 – 2, the prize will be redrawn on 16/01/24 at 12:00 pm AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by the Promoter’s agency (Wink) via email within seven (7) days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) at springracing.win by 30/01/24.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at springracing.win.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the race days listed above (during the Promotional Period).
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 12:00 pm AEDT on 13/11/23 using computerised random selection.
- The first six (6) valid entries drawn will be the winners of the prizes specified in the Schedule above.
- Prizes will be drawn in descending order of value.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in the case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- Instant Win:
- Winners will be notified immediately if they have won.
- The Promoter will contact the winner with details of how to redeem the prize within 7 days of winning.
- By the end of the Promotional Period, all prizes from the advertised prize pool will be distributed and all existing claims, unless due to fraud or ineligibility, for prizes and entitlements will be met notwithstanding that the advertised prize pool has been exceeded and printing errors and other quality control matters will not be used as a reason for refusing payment of prizes.
- Winners of an instant win prize are determined by chance.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each draw winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize within a reasonable time, as specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time required to take the prize, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to offer a substitute prize.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry in the event of any inconsistency. To the extent permitted by law the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation). For the sake of clarity, this clause shall not apply where the Promoter has contributed to or caused such loss, expense, damage, personal injury or death and shall not apply to any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in each case the Promoter’s liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The winners will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them. The Promoter may require the winner to provide a photo of themselves (while taking part in the prize). Any imagery submitted shall be subject to the Promoter’s approval prior to publication.
- The travel prize prize is a single event for the winner (and their guest) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- A participating venue will not offer this promotion as an inducement directed at encouraging patrons to gamble in line with relevant state gambling authorities.
- Authorised under: NSW Authority No. TP/3021 and SA Permit No. T23/1582.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.