Terms & Conditions
TOPGOLF “WIN A SPLENDOUR WEEKEND” PROMOTION – STAFF INCENTIVE ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to QLD residents aged 18 years or over who are an employee of Topgolf.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Lion - Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Ltd, Topgolf and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Entries into the promotion open on the start date specified on promotional advertising in venue, which will be no earlier than 15/05/23 at 9:00 am AEST and close on the end date specified on promotional advertising in venue, which will be no later than 29/06/23 at close of business (“Promotional Period”).
5. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt. Valid and eligible entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
6. To be eligible to enter, an entrant must sell Byron Bay Brewery Lager/s using their own log in via the point of sale system during the Promotional Period.
7. At the end of the Promotional Period, Topgolf, on behalf of the Promoter, will tally the sales records for Byron Bay Brewery Larger made by eligible bar staff members during the Promotional Period. The staff member with the highest number of Byron Bay Brewery Lager sales made within the Promotional Period will be deemed the winner and will win the prize outlined below.
8. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more Entrants with the same highest number of Byron Bay Brewery Larger sales, the Promoter will then ask each tied Entrant to submit an email to the Promoter with the subject line “Byron Bay Brewery Promotion – Top Staff Entry”, with their personal details (first and last name) and an answer to the question “Why do you deserve to win the prize?” (in 25 words or less) in the body of the email. The exact email address will be provided by the Promoter to each tied Entrant, as required. The Promoter will then judge each tied Entrant’s responses based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question and the best entry, as determined by the Promoter, will win the prize.
9. The winner will be notified in writing by email.
10. The prize is a double pass for two (2) adults for three (3) days of general admission to Splendour in the Grass on 21st, 22nd and 23rd July 2023 at Ngarindjin / North Byron Parklands. Prize also includes four (4) nights glamping package from the 20th to 24th July 2023 including twin tent, matting, raised beds doona, pillows and linen. Prize is for two (2) adults aged 18 years or over. Total prize is valued at $2,124.
11. Prize is tickets and glamping only. All other ancillary costs associated with taking the prize including but not limited travel to and from Ngarindjin / North Byron Parklands are not included and will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
12. Both the winner and their guest for the prize must be 18 years or over.
13. This prize is for or relates to Splendour in the Grass at Ngarindjin / North Byron Parklands from 21/07/23 to 23/07/23 (the “Event”). If the winner is unwilling or unable to attend at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence and employment) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
15. Incomplete sales will be deemed invalid.
16. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic or any other kind of disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend, substitute or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
19. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at
www.nhmrc.gov.au. Entry and continued participation in this promotion is subject to the licensee’s liquor serving policy.
20. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
21. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
22. The Splendour in the Grass double pass prize is subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or his/her companion/s) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
23. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
24. Total prize pool value is $2,124. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
25. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
26. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entrant who would have otherwise been the winner had the original winning entrant not participated in the Promotion, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
27. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Terms and Conditions, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise.
28. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
29. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or is otherwise involved in any conduct that involved manipulating, interfering or tampering with this promotion or otherwise preventing the conduct of the promotion as intended by the Promoter.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
32. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
33. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
34. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
35. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the Splendour in the Grass event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of the prize including attendance at the prize event.
36. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
37. If applicable, all material submitted on entry (e.g. answer(s) to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph. The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
39. Lion Beer is not responsible for or connected to the Promotion other than as prize supplier.
40. The Promoter is DE BTL Pty Ltd trading as DE Advertising and Design (ABN 83 063 564 866) of Mezzanine Floor, 388 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.