Terms & Conditions
2023 Double Pass Giveaway Competition ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
2023 Double Pass Giveaway Competition
1. The competition commences at 12pm (AEST) on 01/06/2023 and concludes at 11.59pm (AEDT) on 17/11/2023 (Competition Period). The commencement and conclusion date of the Competition Period is subject change, and will be updated in these Terms and Conditions. A separate promotional post will be published on Facebook and Instagram for each Supercars round in 2023 which takes place during the Competition Period, and entries for each round/promotional post opens when the promotional post is published on the Friday before the start of the applicable Supercar 2023 round and closes at 11.59pm (NSW time) the Sunday before the start of the applicable Supercar 2023 round. The draw for each round will take place at 12 noon (NSW time) the Monday before the start of the applicable Supercar 2023 round at GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD, 191 Salmon St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207. Prize must be claimed within 24 hours of the draw; and if a prize is unclaimed the prize will be re-drawn the following day at the same time and location of the original draw.
2. Entry is open to all Australian residents in all States aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or cousin.
3. Information on how to enter the 2023 Double Pass Giveaway Competition (Competition) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competitions is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Competition, participants are required to complete either of the following entry methods (within the required entry times, as listed in clause 1 above):
Entry method 1): Facebook Entry
- Follow the Chevrolet Racing ANZ Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/Chevr...); and
- In a comment on the promotional Facebook post, which can appear on either Chevrolet Racing (https://www.facebook.com/Chevr...), GM Specialty Vehicles (https://www.facebook.com/gmspe...) or Holden (https://www.facebook.com/Holde...) Facebook channels, tag the person you’d most like to spend time with, at a racetrack and why.
Entry method 2): Instagram Entry
- Follow the @chevroletracinganz Instagram account; and
- In a comment on the Instagram competition post, which can appear on either Chevrolet Racing (@chevroletracinganz), GM Specialty Vehicles (https://instagram.com/gmspecia...) or Holden (https://instagram.com/holden) Instagram channels, tag the person you’d most like to spend time with, at a racetrack and why.
5. Entrants (including winners) in the Competition may enter multiple times during the Competition Period. Each entry on a promotional post must tag a different person.
6. By entering the Competition, the entrant agrees to the publication of their name on the GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD social media channels and in the email newsletter, should they be declared the winner.
7. GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for research, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant.
8. The Competition is a game of chance.
9. The total prize pool for the Competition is anticipated to be approximately AUD$693 (based on seven (7) Supercar 2023 rounds taking place during the Competition Period).
10. There is one (1) winner per Supercars round in 2023 taking place during the Competition Period, which may be subject to change. GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prize winners will be notified by GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD via a direct message from GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD’s official @chevroletracinganz Instagram account or Chevrolet Racing Facebook account. It is the Entrants’ responsibility to provide correct details to confirm acceptance of each Prize. Prize winners will be notified within 4 days of the draw.
12. GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD reserves the right to select additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case an invalid entry is the original winner.
13. There is one (1) winner and prize to be won in each entry round. The first valid entry drawn for each entry round will win the prize. The prize consists of a double pass ticket to the Supercars Championship round (applicable to the entry round), average valued at $99.00. Prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
14. The tickets are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
15. By accepting the prize, the winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests from GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed, photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
16. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Competition, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
17. The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
18. All decisions of GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
19. GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20. If for any reason any aspect of this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD, GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
21. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD 's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any provision of relevant legislation including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD (including its Related Bodies Corporate, their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
23. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD (including its Related Bodies Corporate, their officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered,damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD; (d) any variation in offer value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a entrant; or (f) acceptance or use of a prize.
25. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the time stipulated by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
26. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
27. there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
28. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
30. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
31. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
32. The Promoter is GENERAL MOTORS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD, ABN 84 006 893 232, 191 Salmon St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.