Terms & Conditions
AFL Rebel Rookies Kick to Win 2024 Competition ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Promotional Period
- Eligible entrants
- How to Enter
- Entries permitted
- Prize Details
- Prize Conditions
- Winner notification
- Unclaimed Prizes
- Further Conditions
- Annexure A
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
AFL Rebel Rookies Kick to Win 2024 Competition
Rebel Sport Limited ABN 78 003 283 823, Level 5, 1B Homebush Bay Drive, Rhodes, NSW 2138, Australia. Ph: 1300 654 502
Start date: 11/02/24 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 04/08/24 at 11:59pm AEST
Entry is only open to NSW, QLD, SA, VIC and WA residents who are a rebel active member. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must, during the Promotional Period, visit https://www.rebelsport.com.au/..., follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address and mobile number), provide an answer to the following questions: ‘What is your local rebel Store?’ and ‘Which AFL team do you support?’ and acknowledge they are an existing rebel active member*, agree to these Terms and Conditions and agree to receipt of marketing communications from rebel sport
*Non-existing rebel active members can sign up at www.rebelsport.com.au.
Up to AUD $28,416.00
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Prize: Each winner will receive 2 x adult tickets and up to 2 x child (12 or under) tickets to attend a match of the 2024 AFL Season (as nominated by the Promoter).
The date and location of the AFL match will be determined based on each winner’s residing state (“Allocated Weekly Match”). For example, a winner from Melbourne will be awarded tickets to attend a match either at the Melbourne Cricket Ground or Marvel Stadium and a winner from Perth will be awarded tickets to attend a match at the Optus Stadium.
During the Allocated Weekly Match, up to two (2) children (or up to two (2) children in the legal permanent care of the winner) aged 12 years or under will have the chance to participate in a skill-based football activity (“Football Challenge”). All children will win a $10 gift card for participating in the activity This will be handed to them on the day after they take their kick at the rebel pool. Any child that successfully completes the Football Challenge (by kicking a goal in the manner nominated by the Promoter) will have their gift card upgraded to a $500 gift card.
Full details regarding the Football Challenge (including the exact time and location) will be provided to winners upon winner notification.
192 (8 per Weekly Draw)
AUD$128.00 (per Weekly Draw Prize) + AUD$10.00 (per Football Challenge Participant) or
AUD$500.00 (per Football Challenge Winner)
Weekly Draw/Game of Skill (Football Challenge)
Tickets to an AFL Match:
- This prize is for or relates to AFL - Rounds 1 - 24 at AFL stadiums around Australia (MCG, SCG Marvel, Giants, Gabba, Adelaide Oval etc) (an “Event”). If the winner is unwilling or unable to attend at the designated time for an Event, they forfeit that part of the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute that part of the prize.
- The AFL - Round 1 - 24 ticket prizes are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions.
- If a winner cannot attend the Allocated Weekly Match, they will forfeit the prize (and the chance for their child to take part in the Football Challenge). In this case, the Promoter is not obliged to offer a substitute prize.
- All prizes (and attendance at the Allocated Weekly Match) are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
- All costs associated with travel to and from the Allocated Weekly Match will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest for the prize.
- The winners acknowledge and agree to comply with all safety directions (including but not limited to COVID Safe Plans) of the Promoter, its agents and service providers.
- The tickets will be delivered by email 2 days prior to the rebel allocated game of the round.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
- To win the $500 gift card, any child participating in the activity will be required to kick the mini Sherrin into the rebel pool on the field. If this is not achieved, the $500 gift card will not be awarded to that child. In the event that multiple children are successful in kicking the mini Sherrin into the rebel pool on the field, each successful child will win the $500 voucher.
The drawn winners will be contacted by email and phone within one (1) day of the draw.
Prizes must be claimed by 4:25pm AEDT/AEST (as applicable) on the Friday following the Weekly Draw (in order for the Promoter to organise the winner to attend the Allocated Weekly Match). In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn at 4:30pm AEDT/AEST (as applicable) on the Friday following the Weekly Draw (see Annexure A for specific redraw dates) at Rebel Sport Limited, Level 5, 1B Homebush Bay Drive, Rhodes NSW 2138, Australia. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email and phone within one (1) day of the redraw.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- Weekly Draws:
- A Weekly Draw will take place at Rebel Sport Limited, Level 5, 1B Homebush Bay Drive, Rhodes NSW 2138, Australia at 10:00 am AEDT/AEST (as applicable) every Monday from 26/02/24 until 05/08/24 (refer to Annexure A for precise dates) using computerised draw. Non-winning entries in each Weekly Draw will be entered into any subsequent Weekly Draw/s.
- The first eight (8) valid entries drawn in each Weekly Draw will be the winners of the prize specified in the Schedule above.
- The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize within a reasonable time, as specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Entrants must possess appropriate levels of fitness, health, skill, balance, dexterity and other personal characteristics so as to be able to safely undertake the Football Challenge. Entrants must carefully assess the levels of fitness, health, skill, balance, dexterity and other personal characteristics required of them when the Football Challenge is fully disclosed to them. Entrants must immediately withdraw from the Football Challenge if they may not satisfy any of the required levels of fitness, health, skill, balance, dexterity or other personal characteristics. The Promoter may require entrants to submit information relating to their fitness, health, skill, balance, dexterity or other personal characteristics. Acceptance of an entrant following receipt of this information in no way: (a) constitutes a representation or assurance that the entrant is suited to undertake the Football Challenge; or (b) relieves the entrant of the obligation to assess the requirements of the Football Challenge and to withdraw if there is any doubt regarding their suitability.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry in the event of any inconsistency. To the extent permitted by law the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation). For the sake of clarity, this clause shall not apply where the Promoter has contributed to or caused such loss, expense, damage, personal injury or death and shall not apply to any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in each case the Promoter’s liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The winner(s) will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: NSW Authority No. TP/03224 and SA Permit No. T24/8.
Dates for weekly draws and redraws are as follows:
Weekly Draw Date
Corresponding Weekly Redraw Date
© 2024 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.