Terms & Conditions
Caltex Win Fuel For A Year Promotion ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period
- Eligible Entrants
- How to Enter
- Entries Permitted
- State Groups
- Total Prize Pool
- Prize Details
- Prize Conditions
- Winner Notification
- Unclaimed Prizes
- General Conditions
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Caltex Win Fuel For A Year Promotion Terms & Conditions
Caltex Australia Petroleum Pty Ltd
Start date: 20/05/20 at 12:01 am AEST
End date: 30/06/20 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 16 years and over. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
Persons who enter via the Woolworths Reward Card entry method, must be an Australian resident aged 16 years or over who is a registered Woolworths Rewards cardholder. Woolworths Rewards Card means a Woolworths Rewards card issued by Woolworths Group Limited as part of the Woolworths Rewards Program, whether in a plastic, electronic (virtual) or other form. Temporary Card holders must correctly register to the Woolworths Rewards Program to be eligible to enter or win prizes, as only Registered Cardholders at the time of the draw are eligible to win if they enter via the Woolworths Rewards entry method.
How to Enter
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period. The number of entries awarded for any particular entry method completed is also listed below:
- purchase Vortex Premium 95 or Vortex Premium 98 in one (1) transaction (“Qualifying Transaction”) from any Caltex Star Mart or The Foodary store within Australia ("Participating Stores"); and
- Website Entry: visit http://caltex.com.au/winfuel, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details as requested and provide the requested details for the Qualifying Transaction, including their receipt number, transaction date and site ID (1 entry); OR
- Caltex App: complete the Qualifying Transaction via the Caltex app (2 entries); or
- Woolworths Rewards Card: scan their Woolworths Rewards card at the time of the Qualifying Transaction and ensure their Woolworths Rewards account details are up to date (2 entries); OR
- Caltex StarCard: complete the Qualifying Transaction with their Caltex StarCard (2 entries); OR
- myNRMA app: scan their Caltex discount in the myNRMA app at the time of completing their Qualifying Transaction (2 entries); OR
- myToyota app: scan their Caltex discount in the myToyota app at the time of completing their Qualifying Transaction (2 entries); OR
- apod.com.au: scan their Caltex discount via apod.com.au at the time of completing their Qualifying Transaction (2 entries).
- NRMA, APOD and Toyota discounts can only be used for one transaction per 24 hours
- NRMA, APOD and Toyota discounts must be used in accordance with each programs T&Cs – see program websites for more details:
- NRMA - https://www.mynrma.com.au/membership/benefits/caltex
- Toyota - https://www.toyota.com.au/mytoyota
- APOD – apod.com.au
Proof of Purchase: The entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt for the Qualifying Transaction.
Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following:
a) maximum of two (2) entries permitted per Qualifying Transaction (the exact number of entries awarded for each Qualifying Transaction will be dependent on the entry method, see the How to Enter section above for details). For the sake of clarity, entries will only be awarded for completion of one (1) entry mechanic only for each Qualifying Transaction. If for example an entrant scans their Caltex StarCard at the time of completing the Qualifying Transaction they will receive two (2) entries, and will not receive further entries by completing the online entry form for the same transaction; and
b) each entry must be completed in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Limit one (1) Major Prize and Minor Prize permitted per person (excludes SA residents who are eligible to win multiple prizes).
There is a total of four (4) State Groups for this Promotion, as indicated below:
Total Prize Pool
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Weekly Draw Prizes
Major Prize: The prize is a $3,500.00 Caltex StarCash Digital Gift Card.
24 (1 per State Group Weekly Draw)
State Group Weekly Draws
Minor Prize: The prize is a $10.00 Caltex StarCash Digital Gift Card.
6,000 (1,000 per National Weekly Draw)
National Weekly Draws
Caltex StarCash Digital Gift Card can be used to buy fuel as well as a whole array of convenience goods at over 1,200 locations across Australia. To check for a participating site, visit the Caltex site locator on caltex.com.au and use the ‘StarCash Digital’ filter within ‘Services’. Caltex StarCash Digital is valid for 3 years from date of issue. Any balance that remains after expiry will not be available for use. Caltex will not replace expired, lost or stolen Caltex StarCash Digital Gift Cards. No cash out facilities are available with Caltex StarCash and it is not redeemable for cash. The Caltex StarCash can be used to purchase (or part pay in conjunction with cash or by credit card) selected goods or services available at these outlets. Caltex StarCash cannot be used to purchase gift cards, prepaid or post-paid phone or internet vouchers, transport tickets, mobile phones and accessories, telco products, tolls payments, tobacco products, or lottery tickets. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming Caltex StarCash Digital are not included. Redemption of Caltex StarCash Digital is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified at https://www.caltex.com.au/our-solutions/fuel-cards/starcash-terms-and-conditions.
The winners will be contacted by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw. The Major Prize winners will be published at http://caltex.com.au/winfuel by 14/07/20.
Prizes must be claimed by 07/10/20 at 02:30 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 08/10/20 at 02:30 pm AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email and phone within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winners of any Major Prizes from the redraw will be notified publicly (and their details published) at http://caltex.com.au/winfuel by 15/10/20.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, Woolworths Group Limited, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
6. Weekly Draws:
- Entries open and close for each Weekly Draw on the dates/time specified below. Entries will be inputted in the relevant State Group Weekly Draw for the Minor Prizes based on their place of residence as specified on entry (e.g. ACT residents included in the NSW/ACT State Group Weekly Draw). The draws will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 by computerised random selection at 02:30 pm AEST on the dates specified below. Non-winning entries in each Weekly Draw will not be entered into any subsequent Weekly Draw/s.
20/05/20 at 12:01 am AEST
26/05/20 at 11:59pm AEST
27/05/20 at 12:01 am AEST
02/06/20 at 11:59pm AEST
03/06/20 at 12:01 am AEST
09/06/20 at 11:59pm AEST
10/06/20 at 12:01 am AEST
16/06/20 at 11:59pm AEST
17/06/20 at 12:01 am AEST
23/06/20 at 11:59pm AEST
24/06/20 at 12:01 am AEST
30/06/20 at 11:59 pm AEST
7. The first valid entry drawn from each State Group Weekly Draw will win the Major Prize.
8. The next 1000 valid entries drawn from all remaining entries nationally for each Weekly Draw will each win the Minor Prize.
9. The draw conductor may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
10. If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
11. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
12. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
13. Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
14. Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Enter section for each entry as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant's respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant's right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as a Participating Venue; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
15. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
16. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
17. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
18. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
20. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
21. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
21. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
22. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
23. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
24. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
27. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
28. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
29. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
30. Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP20/00530, NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/43252 and SA Permit No. T20/457.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Plexus’ terms and conditions generator can assist with the complete life cycle of your promotion, from drafting terms and conditions to contacting and publishing prize winners.