Terms & Conditions
Dan Murphy's The World’s Biggest (Virtual) Whisky Tasting ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Winner Determination:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Description:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Terms and Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Endeavour Group Limited (trading as Dan Murphy's) ABN 77 159 767 843, 26 Waterloo Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, Australia. Ph: 1300 721 920
Start date: 16/05/20 at 07:00 pm AEST
End date: 16/05/20 at 08:00 pm AEST
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) attend ‘The World’s Biggest (Virtual) Whisky Tasting’ hosted by Dan Murphy's and Johnnie Walker (Diageo) via the Dan Murphy's Facebook Live stream; and
b) answer any of the host’s competition questions in the Facebook Live comment box. Three (3) different competition questions will be asked at random times during the live stream event.
Entrants may enter multiple times provided each entry is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above. The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize.
- There will be a total of three (3) winners for the Promotion; one (1) for each competition question.
- The entrant who correctly answers a competition question in the fastest time will be deemed a winner and will receive one (1) of the three (3) prizes outlined below. The exact bottle each winner will receive will be specified at the time the respective competition question is announced during the live stream event.
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Prize 1: The prize is 1 x 700ml bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label Speyside Origin Blended Scotch Whisky 700mL (42%).
Prize 2: The prize is 1 x 700ml bottle of Johnnie Walker Green Label Blended Malt Scotch Whisky 700mL (43%).
Prize 3: The prize is 1 x 700ml bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whisky 700mL (40%).
The winners will be contacted by Facebook direct message within fourteen (14) days of ‘The World’s Biggest (Virtual) Whisky Tasting’ Facebook live event and will be required to provide the Promoter their mailing address and a copy of a valid I.D. to prove age (i.e. they are 18 years or over), identity and Australian place of residence. Prize will be delivered the winner’s residential address in Australia and they will be required to provide valid I.D. for proof of age and identity at the time of delivery.
The winners' personal information will be provided to the Promoter’s partner, Johnnie Walker (Diageo) who will deliver the prizes to each winner’s residential address.
In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entrant with the next fastest correct answer to the respective competition question, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
Further Terms and Conditions:
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The winners will be determined by skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. The judges' decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Tickets or rights for alcohol prizes will not be distributed by or to any person under 18, nor can a person under 18 dispense or collect an alcohol prize. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcoholic beverage prize if it would breach any relevant laws or codes including those relating to the responsible service of alcohol. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the entrant following and acting in accordance with Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php). This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php. Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook. The entrant releases Facebook and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- All material submitted on entry (e.g. photo(s), image(s), drawing(s), comment(s), sound/video recording(s) and answer(s) to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph.The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.