Terms & Conditions
Hahn Super Dry ‘The Best Seats In The House’ Promotion ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Promotional Period
- Eligible Entrants
- Entry Limits
- Prize Draw
- Notification of Winner/s
- Prize Conditions
- General Terms
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Hahn Super Dry ‘The Best Seats In The House’ Promotion at 24/7 Sports Bar
The Star Pty Limited “The Star Sydney” (ABN 25 060 510 410) 80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009
Commences on Friday, 3 March 2023 at 5:00pm AEDT and concludes 10:30pm AEST on Saturday 2 September 2023
Participation in the Promotion is limited to persons who are, insofar as is the case for the duration of the Promotional Period:
- Australian Residents aged 18 years of age or over;
- not excluded from The Star Entertainment Group;
- not an Invalid Entrant;
- not Directors, officers, management and employees of any of The Star Entertainment Group of companies (including, without limitation, The Star Sydney), and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
Eligible Entrants can enter the Promotion during individual promotional periods between March 2023 and September 2023. The Entry Periods are set out below:
To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must:
Eligible Entrants must place their Entry into the physical barrel (“Barrel”) located within 24/7 Sports Bar.
The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to deem any irregular Entry, including the following (“Invalid Entry”):
The Barrel will be closed at 10pm on Fridays and 10:30pm on Saturdays of each night of the Promotional Period.
Eligible Entrants may submit multiple entries. Limit one (1) entry per transaction. Maximum of one (1) entry permitted per person each day.
Eligible Entrants will only be entitled to receive entry forms consistent with the Promoter’s policies or legal obligations in relation to the responsible service of alcohol. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol. The Promotion is at all times subject to The Star’s responsible service of alcohol policy. The Star reserves the right to refuse to serve a person or award an entry form if to do so would be inconsistent with The Star’s responsible service of alcohol policy.
A representative of the Promoter (“MC”) will randomly select three (3) entry forms from the Barrel at 1 minute after the close of the Entry Period at the 24/7 Sports Bar at The Star Sydney (“Prize Winner”). These winners will be announced live over the microphone inside 24/7 Sports Bar. A representative of Promoter will review each Drawn Entry to confirm eligibility into the Promotion.
If a Drawn Entry is deemed an Invalid Entrant or Invalid Entry, it will not be considered as a valid draw and an additional Entry will be drawn until a Drawn Entrant is not deemed to be an Invalid Entrant nor an Invalid Entry (“Prize Winner”). For the avoidance of doubt there will be a maximum three (3) Prize Winners per Entry Period.
Notification of Winner/s
The Prize Winners will have three (3) minutes to present themselves to the MC in the 24/7 Sports Bar. The Prize Winner must show Valid ID at the time of presentation. “Valid ID” means either:
- a passport, Australian driver’s license or other form of photographic identification in which the photograph is clear and undamaged and that is otherwise acceptable to the Promoter; or
- One form of non-photographic identification that are valid and acceptable to the Promoter.
If a Prize Winner doesn’t present themselves within three (3) minutes of their name being drawn from the Barrel and/or does not present Valid ID, then the Prize Winner forfeits the chance to win the prize and is no longer a Prize Winner for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
If a Prize Winner forfeits, the Promoter will repeat the draw process no more than three (3) times to find a Prize Winner with Valid ID. If no Prize Winner is found after the fourth draw, there will be no Prize Winner for that Entry Period.
Once their identity is verified, the Prize Winners will then be invited to choose one (1) key from the box of keys provided and sit on the seat that corresponds with the key number selected. They will then use the key to unlock the box situated directly below their seat to open and win what’s inside.
The maximum prize pool value is $62,100.00
The Prize Winner will win the prize indicated inside the locker that is below their chair, and unlocked by their key. The Promotion has six (6) chairs, corresponding with six (6) equal compartments A list of available prizes inside the locker and the chance of winning each prize is set out below:
Locker Prize Options
Chance to Win
Hahn Merch Pack ($50 value)
1/6 chance to win
Rebel Sport Voucher ($50 Value)
1/6 chance to win
The Star Gift Card ($100 Value)
1/6 chance to win
Steeden Football ($30 Value)
1/6 chance to win
$1,000 Cheque (Paid from the cashier)
1/6 chance to win
Sports Bar Wooden Spoon ($20)
1/6 chance to win
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card/voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card/voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card/voucher.
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about Prizes, the Schedule and materials on how to enter this Promotion forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Your Entry into this Promotion must be received during an Entry Period and is subject to Entry Limits. Your Entry is deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter’s database. If your Entry is based on participation that is reversed, cancelled or otherwise deemed invalid, your Entry into the Promotion may be deemed invalid at the Promoter's discretion. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you enter using automatically generated entries or multiple aliases you may be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to waive or vary the identification requirements specified in these Terms and Conditions in circumstances where the identity of the winner is determinable without the assistance of the specified identification.
- If you or your Entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, your Entry (or at the Promoter's discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's satisfaction the validity of your Entry (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
- a tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this promotion;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- In respect of an individual draw for a prize valued at over $10,000, the Promoter will nominate an independent scrutineer to be present and oversee that draw.
- The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this promotion is final.
- The Star Sydney reserves the right to cancel or change any Prize offered under the Promotion if there are any changes to the law which would or might render the Promotion or any prizes offered under the Promotion unlawful.
- No Prize, entry or other feature of the Promotion can be transferred or redeemed for cash, or other goods or services.
- To the extent that a situation, malfunction, or other issue arises for which these Terms and Conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant terms and conditions are unclear, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) make a decision regarding those circumstances which is not inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions; and/or (b) postpone the draw/s to a time and place which will allow the draw to be conducted in accordance with all terms and conditions other than those terms and conditions which specify the time and place of the draw/s.
- If this Promotion cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's reasonable control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the closure of the Promoter’s premises, government directives, public health orders and the like, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the Promotion or disqualify affected entries/entrants.
- The Promoter may disclose your personal information, including details of winners where required or authorised to do so by or under law or the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the law. This may occur under the laws that apply to the Promoter's business, for example, where a regulatory authority requests information from the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this promotion results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Should the Prize Winner consent to having his/her photograph taken, that Prize Winner consents to having his/her name and photograph published in any form of media and agrees to participate in any reasonable promotion requested by The Star Sydney.
- The Prize Winner(s) and/or their membership number will be available at The Star Club Desk within 48 hours of the conclusion of the Promotion.
- When there is no Prize Winner or the Prize Winner cannot be found, this information will be published at The Star Club Desk within 48 hours of the conclusion of the Promotion for a temporary period.
- A copy of these Terms and Conditions governing the Promotion can be obtained from The Star Club desk at The Star Sydney.
- If any dispute arises between an entrant of the Promotion and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider the entrant's point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence the entrant puts forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. In all other respects, the Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion (including Lion Beer) are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this Promotion or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- The Prize Winner and any other person(s) nominated to share the Prize with the Prize Winner agrees to accept, receive and use the Prize at their own risk and will, at all times, indemnify, keep indemnified, hold harmless and release The Star Sydney to the full extent permitted by law from and against any and all claims, causes of action, losses, damage, liability, cost or expense (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis), incurred by The Star Sydney as a result of or in connection with the Promotion and from all liability which may arise in respect of any accident, damage or injury occurring to any person or property in connection with the Prize and / or the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner and any other person(s) nominated to share the prize with the Prize Winner will be required to sign an agreement to release The Star Sydney from and indemnify The Star Sydney against any liability arising from the use or participation in the prize.
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this promotion are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prizes or for any damage that occurs to prizes if/when displayed at The Star Sydney.
- The Star practises the responsible service of alcohol. Guests must be 18 years or over to enter the casino. Help is close at hand. GambleAware gambleaware.nsw.gov.au 1800 858 858.
- The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/.... Entry and continued participation in this Promotion is subject to the Participating Venue's liquor serving policy.
- Lion Beer is not responsible for or connected to the Promotion other than as prize supplier.
- Authorised under NSW Authority No. TP/00099, Exp 16/7/2025
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.