Terms & Conditions
Optus Switch and Win 2020 ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Description:
- Prize Conditions:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Terms and Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Optus Administration Pty Ltd ABN 79055136804, 1 Lyonpark Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: 02 8082 7800
Start Date: 27/07/20 at 12:00am AEST
End Date: 27/09/20 at 11:59pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 16 years of age or older who have a paid Virgin Prepaid Mobile Voice service prior to the start date of the Promotion. Excludes new Optus Prepaid SIM activations.
Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this Promotion.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must, during the Promotional Period:
- be one of the first 5,000 eligible entrants to transfer and retain their existing Virgin Prepaid Mobile Voice service to an Optus Prepaid Mobile service, and
- after transferring, successfully recharge $10 or more on the Optus Prepaid mobile plan.
Excludes transfers to Optus Prepaid Mobile Broadband plans.
Eligible entrants who complete the above requirements will be awarded one (1) entry into the Major Prize Draw.
Multiple entries permitted subject to the following:
- limit one (1) entry permitted per paid Optus Prepaid Mobile Voice service number; and
- each entry must be completed separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Maximum of one (1) prize permitted per person (excludes SA residents who are eligible to win multiple prizes).
Total Prize Pool:
up to AUD $15,000.00
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Each winner drawn will receive a Flight Centre Gift Card prize comprised of two (2) x Flight Centre gift cards with a combined total value of AUD$5,000. Prize is redeemable at participating Flight Centre Travel Group retail stores located within Australia. Gift Cards are subject to the providers prevailing terms and conditions of use, including expiry dates. Unless otherwise stated on the Gift Card, Gift Cards are valid for use until 01/11/2022.
Up to AUD $5,000.00
Major Prize Draw: computerised random selection - 02:30 pm AEST, on 14/10/2020.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a gift card not included. Gift cards are not exchangeable for cash or non-refundable. Any unused balance of a gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
The winners will be contacted by using the contact details on file with the Promoter, includes calling the winner within two (2) business days of the draw and in writing. Winners will be published at https://www.optus.com.au/switchandwin on 30/10/20.
Each prize must be claimed by 5pm AEDT on 16/11/20. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn at 02:30 pm AEST on 17/11/20 at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The redraw winner/s will be notified by using the contact details on file with the Promoter, includes calling the winner within two (2) business days of the draw and in writing. The winners will be published at https://www.optus.com.au/switchandwin on 20/11/20.
Further Terms and Conditions:
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 02:30 pm AEST on 14/10/2020 by computerised random selection.
- The first three (3) valid entries drawn will each win the prize specified in the Schedule above.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP20/00911 NSW Authority No. TP/00033 and SA Permit No. T20/795.