Terms & Conditions
“REST APP” PROMOTION ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
“REST APP” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents who are a Rest Super, Rest Corporate, Acumen and/or Rest Pension (collectively “Rest”) members at the time of entry.
- Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion, including but not limited to Australian Administration Services Pty Limited (ABN 62 003 429 114), are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12.00pm AEDT on 17/02/23 and ends at 3pm AEDT on 31/03/23 (“Promotional Period”).
- To receive an entry into the draw, eligible individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- download the REST App from the App Store or Google Play (using their compatible mobile device) and successfully complete the registration and authentication process to use the REST App (if they have not done so already);
- open the REST App mailbox by clicking the ‘Messages’ symbol at the bottom of the REST App screen to open the competition message; and
- click on the ‘Enter Competition’ button.
If an individual closes the competition message without entering, they can still enter the competition by reopening the competition message in the mailbox and clicking on the ‘Enter Competition’ button before the end of the Promotional Period.
- The REST App is a free mobile app available for download from the App Store and Google Play. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Limit only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000 on 07/04/23 at 12:00 pm AEST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The winners will be notified via phone and email within seven (7) business days of the draw. If there are no prize winners or winners for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at https://rest.com.au/why-rest/app/compeition.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first one hundred (100) valid entries drawn will each win a $50 Visa Prepaid card.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Visa Prepaid card are not included. Any unused balance of the Visa Prepaid card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Visa Prepaid card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Visa Prepaid card.
- Gift cards expire at the end of the month shown on the front of the card and must be activated within 6 months. $50 Visa Prepaid Card from Corporate Prepaid Cards Pty Ltd ABN 25 092 828 772 AFSL 509642. Corporate Prepaid Cards’ are issued by Cuscal Ltd ABN 95 087 822 455 AFSL 244116
- Corporate Prepaid Cards Pty Ltd ABN 25 092 828 772 is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
- If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is AUD $5,000.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If the prize remains unclaimed by 07/06/23, a further draw may take place on 08/06/23 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified via phone and email within seven (7) business days of the draw.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investment Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter is Retail Employees Superannuation Pty. Limited (ABN 39 001 987 739) AFSL 240003, as trustee for the Retail Employees Superannuation Trust (ABN 62 653 671 394) of Level 5, 321 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (“Rest” or “Promoter”).
Authorised Under: ACT Permit No. TP 23/00288
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Plexus is the leading end-to-end T&C generator in Australia. Generate perfect T&Cs for your competition or trade promotion in as little as 15 minutes.