Terms & Conditions
“Share the Epic” Promotion ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Terms and Conditions
- By entering the promotion, you:
- Instant Win Prizes
- Prize Conditions
- Important information for you to know
- Liability excluded
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
“Share the Epic” Promotion (Samsung Galaxy S23 Series launch)
Authorised under: NSW Authority No. TP/00166 and ACT Permit No. TP 23/00098
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Between 12.00am AEDT on 3 February 2023 – 11.59pm AEDT on 3 March 2023 we will run the “Share the Epic” Promotion ("Promotion Period").
- The “Share the Epic” Promotion will test your knowledge on capability and information absorbed and retained from activities that prepare you for the Samsung Galaxy S23 Series launch.
- Upon completing or accessing the below, you will be presented with a QRC to scan, test your knowledge and enter for the chance to win
- Attending your team Day Start on the morning of launch 3 Feb
- Reading your Channel News Communications,
- Reading the content on the Samsung Hub on Our Knowledge,
- Reading the content on the in store back of house printed promotional materials
- There will be Winner and Runner Up prizes.
- Prizes will be awarded to Teams in Telstra Retail Stores (TRS) only, and to Individuals in Retail Partner Channel (RPC) only. Any Team prize will be provided to the winning Team’s manager and they will coordinate usage of the prize on the winning team.
- To enter you must, during the Promotion Period access the “Share the Epic” activity via the QR code from either; Day Starts, Channel News Communications, Samsung Hub on Our Knowledge Community or printed in store back of house collateral; and answer the required question on screen correctly for the respective module, provide all details as requested and submit”. There will be four different entry points to different modules of Samsung & Telstra questions. These entry points are 1) Day Starts (Exec Video); 2) Printed promotional collateral (e.g. post card, poster, kit flyers); 3) Channel News (Email); and 4) Samsung Hub on Our Knowledge Hub (OKH). Entrants will be notified on screen on entry submission if their entry is a winning entry and if so, the instant win prize won. For the sake of clarity, the answer provided to the question listed within the module must be correct to be eligible for an instant win prize.
- Multiple entries permitted per person via each module – however once an entrant has won a prize via a module they are no longer permitted to enter or win any further prizes via the same module but can still enter for the chance to win via the other modules. For the sake of clarity there is a maximum of four (4) prizes permitted per person – maximum one (1) prize per module.
- The Promoter is Telstra Corporation Limited (ABN 33 051 775 556) 242 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000 (“Promoter”, "we", “us” or “our”).
- Entry is open to all full time, part time and casual Telstra employees within our Consumer and Small Business team, who, both during the Promotion Period and at the time of winner determination are employed in a participating contact centre or store which includes the Promoters:
- Telstra Retail & Regional (TRR) including;
- Telstra Owned Retail Stores (TRS);
- Telstra Retail Partner and L.O.T.E stores (RPC)
(Together the “Consumer and Small Business team”), who are able to undertake related activity as determined by the Promoter, excluding management and employees who are directly associated with the Promotion (“Eligible Employees”). Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
By entering the promotion, you:
a) warrant that your entry is your own original work and does not infringe any third party rights;
b) grant us (and our related bodies corporate, agents, licensees and assigns) a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual, transferable and irrevocable licence to use, modify, adapt, publish and sublicense your entry anytime, anywhere and by any means without compensation; and
c) to the extent permitted by law, consent to us (and our related bodies corporate, agents, licensees and assigns) infringing your moral rights in your entry for an indefinite period of time and waive all moral rights in your entry that arise outside Australia.
11. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, or illegible will be deemed invalid.
12. Entrants’ entry is moderated and must adhere to Telstra values and practices.
Instant Win Prizes
13. This is a game of skill and chance.
14. Eligible Employees that have completed the knowledge check correctly in accordance with clause 7 above will have a chance to win the following:
- TRS Team Winning Prize:
- There will be 10 winners, eligible for a $500 Pre-Paid Gift Card or Voucher
- Only eligible to TRS stores
- TRS Team Runner Up Prize:
- There will be 40 winners, eligible for a $200 Pre-Paid Gift Card or Voucher
- Only eligible to TRS stores
- RPC Individual Winner Prize:
- There will be 10 winners
- The winner will be eligible for a $100 Gift Card or Voucher
- Only eligible to Retail Partner Channel (LOTE and Regional) stores
- TRS Individual Runner Up Prize:
- There will be 20 winners
- The winner will be eligible for a $50 Gift Card or Voucher
- Only eligible to Retail Partner Channel (LOTE and Regional) stores
15. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a voucher/gift card are not included. Any unused balance of a voucher/gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a voucher/gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher/gift card.
16. The total prize pool value is considered up to $15,000.00 (including GST).
17. There will be no judging of winners. Winners will be selected at chance during the “Share the Epic” mechanic, and notified immediately on screen if they win.
18. Winners will be provided with a digital e-voucher or e-gift card to claim up to 4 weeks after being notified of winning. Winners of prizes over $250 in value will be published at https://www.sharetheepic.com.a....
19. Our decisions relating to this promotion (including the selection of winners) are final and no correspondence will be entered.
20. If we are unable to provide a winner with a nominated prize, we reserve the right to supply an alternative prize or cancel the reward if a suitable alternative cannot be found or the process of finding a replacement prize is unfeasible, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. We are not liable for any prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged, or tampered with in any way after it leaves us.
22. We are not responsible for any variation in the value of the prize.
23. Teams/Employees are only eligible to win one prize. We reserve the right to withdraw a prize if there are no eligible entrants to receive that prize.
24. By accepting a prize, you agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the prize including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. We reserve the right to use your comments, image and name for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity without compensation.
25. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. All other expenses associated with the prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
26. If a prize remains unclaimed after 3 months (90 days), or a winner is disqualified in accordance with these terms and conditions, the prize will be forfeited and distributed at our discretion.
27. If for any reason a winner does not take/redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
28. If there is any dispute as to the identity of a winning Team or winning Individual, the Promoter’s decision will be final.
Important information for you to know
29. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
30. Entries are accepted at the time of receipt by us. We will not be held liable for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period.
31. We are not liable for any prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way after it leaves our possession.
32. We are not responsible for any variation in the value of a prize.
33. If we are unable to provide a winner with a prize (or part of a prize), we may supply an alternative prize (or that part of the prize) in our absolute discretion.
34. If for any reason, we are not able to conduct the promotion as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties, or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that may be available. We reserve the right to determine how the promotion is run and selection of the winner, including, where necessary, modifying the promotion.
35. We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability, or merchantability of a prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Law, is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
36. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion including the supply of goods or services by any person to the prize winners, and where applicable to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
37. By participating in this staff promotion and accepting a prize, you acknowledge a part, or all of the prize provided to you may be subject to fringe benefits tax (FBT) payable by Telstra, and that the fringe benefits may be disclosed on your payment summary (at the FBT grossed up value determined by the ATO) for the end of each financial year as a reportable fringe benefit received. It is recommended that your contact your own accountant or taxation advisor about this.
38. If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to conduct the promotion as planned, we may suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the promotion unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
39. We reserve the right, at any time, and in our sole discretion to disqualify you if we have reason to believe you have breached these terms and conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct in relation to the Telstra values.
40. Any gaming of results will immediately disqualify the relevant individual, store and/or region.
41. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
42. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
43. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
44. Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
45. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
46. We may use and disclose the information you provide in participating in this offer on the terms and for the purposes set out in our Privacy Statement and as required to conduct this offer, which may include disclosing that information to prize suppliers. Our Privacy Statement is available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy_statement.html
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.