Terms & Conditions
Southern Comfort 'Kick for Cash' Promotion ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Promotional Game:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Southern Comfort 'Kick for Cash' Promotion
SOUTHTRADE INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD ABN 46 099 947 163, Suite 1501, Level 15, 61 Lavender St, Milsons Point , NSW 2061, Australia. Ph: (02) 8080 9150
Start date: 03/06/22 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: 27/07/22 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to NSW residents who are 18 years and over.
The following persons are NOT eligible to take part in the Promotion:
- Anyone under the age of 18 years old;
- Any professional, semi-professional or former professional player for any form of National Football League (NFL), Football, Soccer, Australian Football League (AFL), Rugby Union, Rugby League or other football format;
- Anyone that has ever received, or been entitled to receive, more than A$10,000 in payment or reward (including match fees, sponsorship fees, cash, goods or services) for playing any form of NFL, Football, Soccer, AFL, Rugby Union, Rugby League or other football format;
- Anyone that has ever been a member of, or played on, any international NFL, Football, Soccer, AFL, Rugby Union, Rugby League or other football team; and
- Anyone that has ever been an international or professional coach for any NFL, Football, Soccer, AFL, Rugby Union, Rugby League or other football team.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- visit the Southern Comfort Instagram page at www.instagram.com/southerncomfortau; or
- visit the Southern Comfort Facebook page at www.facebook.com/southerncomfortaustralia; and
- on the promotional post, comment ‘Too Easy’.
Entrants may enter multiple times provided each entry is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above. The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
- The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 10:00 am AEST on 28/07/22 using computerised random selection.
- The first three (3) valid entries drawn will have the opportunity to participate in the Promotional Game for a chance to win AUD$10,000. Each winner will also receive the following:
- 2 x adult tickets to the NRL Sharks vs Dragons match at PointsBet Stadium, Sydney on 06/08/22; and
- 2 x free access to the Southern Upgrade bar at PointsBet Stadium which includes a full drinks and food package.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
Ticket Prize Conditions:
- This prize is for or relates to NRL Sharks vs Dragons match at PointsBet Stadium, Sydney on 06/08/22 (the “Event”). If the winner is unwilling or unable to attend at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The NRL Sharks vs Dragons on Saturday 6th August ticket prizes are subject to the Event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
- All costs associated with travel to and from the NRL Sharks vs Dragons match at PointsBet Stadium will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest for the prize.
- Each drawn winner will be invited onto the field of play at half-time during the Event.
- A target will be placed in the centre of the field. The target bullseye is 1 metre in diameter. Each drawn winner is required to kick a standard NRL match ball from behind a 20m line (30m kick distance from the target). No warm up kicks or practice attempts will be permitted.
- For a kick to be deemed a ‘Successful Kick’, the ball must hit the target bullseye on the full. A Successful Kick:
- be taken from the designated mark;
- does not allow the drawn winner to have any practice kicks; and
- the drawn winner may not touch any of the balls before instructed.
- If the Promoter believe that the drawn winner has made a Successful Kick, it will be deemed a Successful Kick and the drawn winner will receive AUD$10,000. The winner must provide their Australian bank account details to the Promoter in order for the prize to be awarded. If a drawn winner fails to provide their bank account details by the date/time specified by the Promoter, they will forfeit their right to the prize. If a Successful Kick is not achieved by a drawn winner then they will not receive AUD$10,000.
Total Prize Pool:
Up to AUD $30,750.00
The winners will be contacted by their Facebook or Instagram account (depending on the method of entry) within one (1) day of the draw.
Opportunity to participate in the Promotional Game must be claimed by 02/08/22 at 10:00 am AEST. If unclaimed by this time, the prize will be redrawn on 03/08/22 at 10:00 am AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by their Facebook or Instagram account (depending on the method of entry) within one (1) day of the redraw.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published on Southern Comfort’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.