Terms & Conditions
Southern Comfort PGA Golf ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Promotional Period
- Eligible entrants
- How to Enter
- Entries permitted
- Golf Challenge Winner Determination
- Barrel Full of Balls Winner Determination
- Total Prize Pool
- Prize Details
- Winner notification
- Further Conditions
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Southern Comfort PGA Golf
Southtrade International Pty Ltd ABN 46 099 947 163, Level 4/15 Blue Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia. Ph: 0434449094
Start date: 23/11/23 at 10:00 am
End date: 26/11/23 at 05:00 pm
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete any of the two below challenges during the Promotional Period:
- purchase any Southern Comfort drink from any Southern Comfort bar at the Royal Queensland Golf Club at Eagle Farm; and
- play the ‘golf challenge’ at the Southern Comfort stand and sink the ball in any of the ten (10) holes.
‘Golf Challenge’ guidelines: Entrants must comply with directions of the ambassador as to rules of play. Entrants will have three (3) attempts at sinking their ball into one of the ten (10) holes.
Barrel Full of Balls Challenge:
- visit the Southern Comfort bar at the Royal Queensland Golf Club;
- complete an entry form (via the brand ambassador iPad) with all requested personal details;
- provide their guess as to the number of golf balls inside the Southern Comfort barrel; and
- submit the fully completed entry form.
Only one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted per challenge.
Golf Challenge Winner Determination
Entrants that successfully get a hole in one (i.e. sink the ball into the hole in the one (1) stroke) will win a prize. Every successful hole in one wins a prize (while stocks last), with the prize won varying based on skill (as outlined below and subject to availability).
Barrel Full of Balls Winner Determination
At the end of the Promotional Period, the entrant that submitted the first correct answer will be deemed the winner and receive the prize specified below. There will be one winner for this Promotion. For the sake of clarity, the ‘correct answer’ is the answer which correctly specifies the exact number of golf balls within the Southern Comfort barrel.
If no entrant guesses the exact number of golf balls during the Promotional Period, the entrant who guesses closest to the ‘correct answer’ will be deemed the winner. If there are multiple entrants who submit a guess equal closest to the correct answer, the prize will be awarded to the respective tied entrant who submitted their entry first.
Total Prize Pool
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Golf Challenge Prize:
Prizes will be awarded on a first come first serve basis.
Up to 1641
- 50 x $100, SoCo x Birds of Condor Party Shirt;
- 50 x $40 SoCo x Birds of Condor Bucket hat;
- 20 x $50 SoCo x Birds of Condor Yellow Snapback Hat
- 750 x $25 Southern Comfort Visor
- 200 x $10 drink voucher
- 270 x $30 Southern Comfort Tee
- 200 x $100 SoCo x Birds of Condor Party Shirt (previous design)
- 101 x $15 Havianas
Barrel Full of Balls Prize: The prize is a year’s supply of Southern Comfort (1 x case of Southern Comfort Original (12 x 700ml bottles), 4 x 30 packs of Southern Comfort & Cola cans.
The winner of the Barrel Full of Balls Challenge will be contacted via email/phone call within seven (7) business days of being declared.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the participating venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Barrel Full of Balls Challenge winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize within a reasonable time, as specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/.... Please refer to the GL4001 'Liquor promotion guidelines' and GL4003 'Intoxication guidelines' at https://www.liquorandgaming.ns.... Entry and continued participation in this Promotion is subject to the Participating Venue's liquor serving policy.
- Tickets or rights for alcohol prizes will not be distributed by or to any person under 18, nor can a person under 18 dispense or collect an alcohol prize. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcoholic beverage prize if it would breach any relevant laws or codes including those relating to the responsible service of alcohol. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry in the event of any inconsistency. To the extent permitted by law the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation). For the sake of clarity, this clause shall not apply where the Promoter has contributed to or caused such loss, expense, damage, personal injury or death and shall not apply to any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in each case the Promoter’s liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The winner(s) will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2024 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.