Terms & Conditions
VIC Cash Carnival Promotion ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Venue Categories
- Promotional Period
- Eligible entrants
- How to Enter
- Entries permitted
- Total Prize Pool per Participating Venue
- Prize Details
- Winner notification
- Unclaimed Prizes
- Further Conditions
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
VIC Cash Carnival Promotion
Australian Leisure and Hospitality Group Pty Ltd ABN 37 067 391 511, Level 2, 10 Yarra Street, South Yarra, VIC 3141, Australia. Ph: 03 9829 1000
For any inquiries regarding this Promotion, please contact the Promoter at [email protected] or on 03 9829 1000.
Selected venues run by the Promoter will be split into six (6) categories for the purposes of this promotional activity and these Terms and Conditions (Category A, Category B, Category C, Category D, Category E and Category F).
Entrants can enquire with the venue as to which Category the venue falls into.
Categories A-D Venues: 10:00 am (local time) on 03/11/23; and
Category E & F Venues: 10:00 am (local time) on 14/11/23.
Category C & D Venues: 01/12/23 at 02:15 am (local time);
Category A & B Venues: 01/12/23 at 03:15 am (local time);
Category E Venue: 11/12/23 at 11:15 pm (local time); and
Category F Venue: 12/12/23 at 03:15 am (local time).
Entry is only open to VIC residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete at least one (1) of the following Entry Methods during the applicable Promotional Period:
Entry Method 1:
- spend a minimum of $10 in one (1) transaction on any food and/or beverage from any venue in Victoria displaying advertising for this Promotion ("Participating Venues). Entrants will receive an entry form at the time of purchase, while stocks last; and
- complete the entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address and phone number), and then submit it in the entry box provided.
Entry Method 2:
Entry forms will be handed out in the gaming room within the Participating Venue every half hour between 10:00 am and 1:30 pm AND 8:00 pm and 3:00 am during each day of the applicable Promotional Period (while stocks last and subject to the Promotion end time for each venue). The entrant must visit the Participating Venue between those times to obtain an entry form (with no purchase requirement). Limit one (1) entry form per person per distribution time slot. Entrants must complete the entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address and phone number), and then submit it in the entry box provided.
Entrants may enter multiple times provided each entry is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry. There is a limit of one (1) entry permitted per qualifying transaction (in the case of entries via Entry Method 1).
Total Prize Pool per Participating Venue
Category A Venues: AUD$11,000.00
Category B, C, D, E & F Venues: AUD$5,500.00
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Weekly Draw Prizes (Category A Venues): The prize is $1,000 in cash.
1 per Participating Venue per week (4 in total)
Rolling Draw Prizes (Category A Venues): The prize is $50 in cash.
140 per Participating Venue throughout the entire Promotional Period
Weekly Draw Prizes (Category B, C, D, E & F Venues): The Prize is $500 in cash.
1 per Participating Venue per week (4 in total)
Rolling Draw Prize (Category B, C, D, E & F Venues): The prize is $25 in cash.
140 per Participating Venue throughout the entire Promotional Period
The Rolling Draw winners will be announced at the Participating Venue immediately following the draw. The Weekly Draw winners will be contacted via email within four (4) days of the draw.
In the event that a Rolling Draw winner does not claim their prize within ten (10) minutes of the draw, the winner will forfeit their prize and a redraw will be conducted. The next drawn winner will have ten (10) minutes to come forward and claim their prize until a further draw is conducted. This process will continue until a draw winner is found for each Rolling Draw prize.
Weekly Prizes must be claimed by 12 noon AEDT on 08/01/24. In the event of an unclaimed Weekly Prize, the prize will be redrawn at the Participating Venue at 1pm AEDT on 08/01/24.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All draws will take place at the Participating Venue using barrel draw.
- The Rolling Draws will take place at each Participating Venue throughout the entire Promotional Period at the following times:
- Category A & B Venues: 11:30am, 2:00pm, 9:15pm, 12:15am and 3:15am. There will be a total of 140 Rolling Draws held throughout the Promotional Period in each of Category A & B Venues.
- Category C Venue: Sundays - Wednesdays: 11:30am, 2:00pm, 9:15pm, 10:45pm and 12:15am; Thursdays – Saturdays: 11:30am, 2:00pm, 9:15pm, 11:45pm, 2:15am. There will be a total of 140 Rolling Draws held throughout the Promotional Period in the Category C Venue.
- Category D Venue: 11:30am, 2:00pm, 9:15pm, 11:45pm and 2:15am. There will be a total of 140 Rolling Draws held throughout the Promotional Period in the Category D Venue.
- Category E Venue: 11:00am, 2:30pm, 9:15pm, 10:15pm and 11:15pm. There will be a total of 140 Rolling Draws held throughout the Promotional Period in the Category E Venue.
- Category F Venue: 11:00am, 2:30pm, 9:15pm, 12:15pm and 3:15am. There will be a total of 140 Rolling Draws held throughout the Promotional Period in the Category F Venue.
- The Weekly Draws for Categories A-D Venues will take place at 8:30pm on the following dates: 9/11/23, 16/11/23, 23/11/23 & 30/11/23.
- The Weekly Draws for Categories E and F Venues will take place at 8:30pm on the following dates: 20/11/23, 27/11/23, 04/12/23 & 11/12/23.
- Entries for each draw will close immediately prior to the draw taking place.
- All entries received up until 8:30pm on 30/11/23 (for Categories A-D Venues); and until 8:30pm on 11/12/23 (for Category E and F Venues) will be entered into one (1) Rolling Draw and one (1) Weekly Draw. Entries received after 8:30pm on 30/11/23 (for Categories A-D Venues); and after 8:30pm on 11/12/23 (for Category E and F Venues) will only be entered into the one Rolling Draw (and will not be eligible for a Weekly Draw Prize). Entries will not roll over into any subsequent draws.
- The first valid entry drawn in each Rolling Draw will win the applicable Rolling Draw Prize (as outlined above).
- The first valid entry drawn in each Weekly Draw will win the applicable Weekly Draw Prize (as outlined above).
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner (with Rolling Draw Prize winners given 10 minutes to come forward and claim their prize).
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize within a reasonable time, as specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- The Promoter supports the responsible service of gaming and alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/....
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation). For the sake of clarity, this clause shall not apply where the Promoter has contributed to or caused such loss, expense, damage, personal injury or death and shall not apply to any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in each case the Promoter’s liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The winners will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.