Terms & Conditions
Woolworths Chance to win $1000 WISH eGift Card ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Description:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Terms and Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Woolworths Group Ltd (Woolworths Mobile) ABN 88 000 014 675
1 Woolworths Way, Bella Vista NSW 2153, Australia.
Start date: 08:00 am (AEDT) on 21/10/2020
End date: 11:59 pm (AEDT) on 31/03/2021
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 16 years and over.
Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must purchase and activate a Woolworths Mobile Pre-Paid Plan (includes Long Expiry plans) (“Eligible Plan”) during the Promotional Period and must have an active recharge at the time of the draw. To be eligible for any future Monthly Draw (after the date of initial purchase and activation), the entrant’s Eligible Plan must continue to be active and the entrant must recharge their Eligible Plan during the respective monthly entry period corresponding to the Monthly Draw.
Entry is automatic on completion of the entry instructions above.
Limit of one (1) entry permitted for each Woolworths Mobile Pre-Paid plan purchased and activated in accordance with the entry instructions above. The same entry may be included in any subsequent Monthly Draw based on the activation and recharge requirements listed in the How to Enter section above.
Maximum of one (1) prize permitted per person (excludes SA residents who are eligible to win more than once).
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The monthly prize is a $1,000 WISH eGift Card.
eGift Card terms available at:
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
eGift Card will be sent via email to the registered email address of the account holder.
5 (1 prize per draw)
Monthly Draw at 10:30 am AEDT, on the following Fridays:
11/12/2020 (for October and November 2020 draw);
08/01/2021 (for December 2020 draw);
12/02/2021 (for January 2021 draw);
12/03/2021 (for February 2021 draw); and
09/04/2021 (for March 2021 draw).
Each winner will be contacted by phone and email within three (3) days of the draw.
All the winners will be published in The Australian on 16/04/2021.
The Promoter will seek consent from the winner to disclose their details on the Woolworths Mobiles website and/or social media which may include name, residential details (suburb and State) and photo or chosen image.
The Promoter would like a short written statement from each winner on how they will use their $1000 WISH eGift Card.
The winner shall agree to the above as conditions for accepting the prize. The winner may choose not to participate or not agree to the conditions and forfeit the prize.
All prizes must be claimed by 10:30 am (AEST) 10/05/2021.
In the event of a prize is unclaimed, the prize will be redrawn at 10:30 am (AEST) on 10/05/2021 at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins St, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000.
The winners of the redraw will be notified by phone and email within three (3) days of the redraw and publicly published on The Australian on 17/05/2021.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at mobile.woolworths.com.au.
Further Terms and Conditions:
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their Immediate Family Members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate Family Member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- Monthly Draws:
- The monthly draws will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins St, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000 by barrel draw at 10:30 am (AEDT) on 11/12/2020, 08/01/2021, 12/02/2021, 12/03/2021 and 09/04/2021 (“Monthly Draws”). Subject to the start and close dates/times for the Promotion, entries open for each draw at 12.00am AEDT time on the start date of the month and end at 11.59pm AEDT time on the date of the month except entries received between 08:00 am (AEDT) on 21/10/2020 at and 11:59pm (AEDT) on 31/10/2020 will be drawn on 11/12/2020.
- The first valid entry drawn in each Monthly Draw will win the prize specified in the Schedule above.
- The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if 16 or 17 years of age) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is 16 or 17 years of age, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP20/01427.
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.