Terms & Conditions
Australia Post – 2022 ORIAS People’s Choice Awards Consumer ("Conditions of Entry")
This promotion is run by the Promoter listed below with legal support for terms and conditions provided by Plexus. For any enquiries regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter in the details below.
Jump to section
- Australian Postal Corporation (ABN 28 864 970 579) trading as “Australia Post”, 111 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000. Phone: 13 76 78. Entry Restrictions
- Competition Period
- Entry Method
- Bonus Entries:
- Entry Limits
- Online Retailers ORIAS People’s Choice Award
- Prize Details
- Prize Pool
- Draw Details
- Winner Determination
- Winner Notification and Publication
- Prize Restrictions
- Prize Claim Date and Time
- Unclaimed Prize Draw
- Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner Notification and Publication
- Permit Numbers
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Australian Postal Corporation (ABN 28 864 970 579) trading as “Australia Post”, 111 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000. Phone: 13 76 78.
Australian Postal Corporation (ABN 28 864 970 579) trading as “Australia Post”, 111 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000. Phone: 13 76 78. Entry Restrictions
Open only to Australian residents aged 18 or over.
Directors, officers, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management and employees) of the Promoter, StarTrack or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
9am (AEST) on 01/05/2022 to 11.59pm (AEST) on 31/05/2022.
To be entered into the draw, entrants must, during the Competition Period:
- visit https://cloud.email.auspost.co... (Website);
- fully complete and submit the online entry form, including by:
- providing their full name, email address, contact number and marking the relevant check boxes; andvoting for their favourite online retailer by providing the name of the online retailer business that they think should receive the Australia Post 2022 ORIAS People’s Choice Award (Consumer Vote).
Each entrant that has successfully entered the competition in accordance with the Entry Method will receive a confirmation email providing a unique URL.
Entrants may receive up to 10 Bonus Entries by sharing their unique URL with their friends. Each time an entrant’s friend submits an entry into the Competition during the Competition Period, by using the entrant’s unique URL, the entrant will receive 1 Bonus Entry into the competition (up to a maximum of 10 Bonus Entries per person). Entrants must only share the unique URL with persons who have given their express consent to receive a communication from the entrant regarding this competition. For the avoidance of doubt, there is no limit on the amount of times an entrant may share their unique URL, however, Bonus Entries are limited to the first 10 individual ‘friends’ who enter the competition using the unique URL.
Entrants are limited to a maximum of 11 entries into the competition (one entry and up to ten Bonus Entries per person).
Online Retailers ORIAS People’s Choice Award
At the end of the Competition Period, the Promoter will calculate the number of Consumer Votes (received in accordance with the Entry Method) to determine three (3) online retailers (one (1) Small retailer under $100,000, one (1) Small retailer over $100,000 and one (1) Large retailer over $1,000,000) that are eligible to receive a trophy and certificate at the annual Australia Post ORIAS awards event on 21 July 2022.
Each online retailer that is determined to be a winner will receive both a trophy and the official Australia Post ORIAS People’s Choice Award title for their business.
Australia Post ORIAS People’s Choice Award
The online retailer that has received the highest number of Consumer Votes in the “Small retailer under $100,000” category (i.e. online retailers with annual revenue of less than $100,000) in this competition will receive the ‘Australia Post ORIAS People’s Choice Award, Small retailer under $100,000’.
The online retailer that has received the highest number of Consumer Votes in the “Small retailer over $100,000” category (i.e. online retailers with more than $100,000, but less than $1M annual revenue) in this competition will receive the ‘Australia Post ORIAS People’s Choice Award, Small retailer over $100,000’.
The online retailer that has received the highest number of Consumer Votes in the “Large retailer over $1,000,000” category (i.e. online retailers with over $1M annual revenue) in this competition will receive the ‘Australia Post ORIAS People’s Choice Award, Large retailer over $1,000,000’.
There are five (5) prizes to be won.
Each prize is AUD$2,000 Qantas Holiday voucher.
The voucher can be used across a range of Qantas/Jetstar Hotels & Holidays available at qantas.com. The winner will be provided with a voucher code via email which is redeemable via the aforementioned site. AUD$2,000 credit redeemable on one (1) trip booking only, any unused balance will be forfeited. The Promoter will communicate the expiry date of the voucher code by email to the winners.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
The total prize pool is valued at up to $10,000 (inc GST).
1.00pm (AEST) on 10/06/2022 at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000.
The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries at the time of conducting the draw and record them in order, in case a winning entry is deemed invalid or if the prize is not claimed in accordance with the Prize Claim Date and Time (Reserve Entrant).
The first five (5) valid entries randomly drawn from all valid entries received during the Competition Period will win a prize.
Winner Notification and Publication
The winners will be notified via phone and in writing via email within 7 days of the draw and their name and state/territory of residence of the winners will be published at https://cloud.email.auspost.co... on 21/06/22, for a period of 28 days.
Receipt and use of the prizes, as specified in the Prize Details section, is subject to Qantas’ standard terms and conditions.
Prize Claim Date and Time
Each prize must be claimed by 1.00pm (AEST) on 11/08/2022.
Unclaimed Prize Draw
If a prize has not been accepted or claimed by the Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant entry will be discarded and the Promoter will award the prize to the next valid Reserve Entrant.
An unclaimed prize draw will occur at 11am (AEST) 12/08/2022 at the same location as the original draw if required pursuant to paragraph 16.
Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner Notification and Publication
Any Unclaimed Prize Winner will be notified in writing within 7 days of determination and their name and state/territory of residence will be published at https://cloud.email.auspost.co... on 26/08/2022 for a period of 28 days.
Authorised under ACT Permit No. TP 22/00402 and SA Licence No. T22/307.
- Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- The competition will be conducted during the Competition Period.
- Each entrant who enters in accordance with the Entry Method, will receive a return online notification confirming their successful entry into the competition and a unique URL for Bonus Entries.
- Entries must be received during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter’s database and not at the time of submission by the entrant. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses or aliases may be disqualified. Consumers are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the Internet. Automatically generated entries may be disqualified.
- The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or illegible entries, correspondence or claims for prizes due to error, omission, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise.
- The draw will be conducted at the time, on the date and at the location as stated in the Draw Details.
- The prize is as stated in the Prize Details.
- The prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions as determined by the prize supplier including period of validity for any prizes, if applicable.
- The winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification and Publication section of these conditions. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
- The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material. The Promoter may grant rights to third parties in its discretion to use any such any photographs. The Promoter has complete discretion as to how, where and when any photographs are used as part of its future marketing campaigns and the winner consents to the Promoter using any such photographs as outlined in this clause without further consultation or compensation. The winner may be required to sign a release in the form provided by, and in favour of, the Promoter with respect to use of photographs and other materials featuring or otherwise referring to a winner.
- The Promoter may require the winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the relevant entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by awarding the prize to the next Reserve Entrant or drawing a further valid entry in accordance with paragraph 6.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person (including without limitation a winner) who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities if required.
- If a prize has not been accepted or claimed in accordance with the relevant Prize Claim Date and Time or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter cannot contact a drawn winner (or a drawn winner does not contact the Promoter) by the relevant Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter will either award the prize to the next Reserve Entrant or conduct such further draws in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw Details as are necessary to distribute the relevant prize, subject to any requirements of the relevant gaming authorities. Any winner(s) in this draw will be notified as stated in the Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner Notification and Publication.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook or any other social media platforms. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other social media platforms. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or any other social media platforms. Each entrant completely releases Facebook and any other social media platforms from any and all liability.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities if required.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where this competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
© 2023 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.
Promotion WizardLooking at running your own trade promotion in NSW or other Australian states? Plexus has all the information, tools and strategies you need to run a successful competition.