Terms & Conditions
Caltex Repco Ignition ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period
- Eligible Entrants
- How to Enter
- Entries Permitted
- Total Prize Pool
- Prize Description
- Prize Conditions
- Winner Notification
- Unclaimed Prizes
- General Conditions
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Caltex Repco Ignition Terms & Conditions
Caltex Australia Petroleum Pty Ltd
Start date: 04/03/20 at 08:00 am AEDT
End date: 17/03/20 at 09:00 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 16 years and over and who are a Repco Ignition member. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter
Entry is automatic on purchase. To enter, the entrant must, during the Promotional Period, purchase one (1) of the eligible Caltex 10L products listed below either from:
- any Repco store within Australia and provide either their Repco Ignition membership card or Repco Ignition membership details at the time of purchase; or
- via the Repco website from (www.repco.com.au) and apply their Repco Ignition Member details as prompted during the checkout process.
- Caltex Delo® 400 MGX SAE 15W-40 10L
- Caltex Delo® Gold Ultra SAE 15W-40 10L
- Caltex Havoline® ProDS™ Fully Synthetic C3 SAE 5W-30 10L
Eligible Caltex 10L products include:
Caltex Havoline® ProDS™ F SAE 0W-30 10L.
Limit one (1) entry permitted per eligible Caltex 10L product purchased in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Maximum of one (1) prize permitted per person (excludes SA residents, who are eligible to win multiple prizes).
Total Prize Pool
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is $500.00 Caltex StarCash Digital gift card.
Draw: computerised random selection - 27/03/20 at 02:30 pm AEDT
Caltex StarCash Digital Giftcard can be used to buy fuel as well as a whole array of convenience goods at over 1,200 locations across Australia. To check for a participating site, visit the Caltex site locator on caltex.com.au and use the ‘StarCash Digital’ filter within ‘Services’. Caltex StarCash Digital is valid for 3 years from date of issue. Any balance that remains after expiry will not be available for use. Caltex will not replace expired, lost or stolen Caltex StarCash Digital giftcards. No cash out facilities are available with Caltex StarCash and it is not redeemable for cash. The Caltex StarCash can be used to purchase (or part pay in conjunction with cash or by credit card) selected goods or services available at these outlets. Caltex StarCash cannot be used to purchase gift cards, prepaid or post-paid phone or internet vouchers, transport tickets, mobile phones and accessories, Tolls payments, tobacco products, or lottery tickets. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming Caltex StarCash Digital are not included. Redemption of Caltex StarCash Digital is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified at https://www.caltex.com.au/our-solutions/fuel-cards/starcash-terms-and-conditions.
Repco will contact winners by phone and/or email within two (2) business days of the draw. Repco will publish the winners in The Australian newspaper on 03/04/20 and will appear on www.repco.com.au for a period of 28 days
Prizes must be claimed by 27/06/20 at 02:30 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 29/06/20 at 02:30 pm AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by phone and/or email within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) in The Australian and at www.repco.com.au on 06/07/20.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, Repco Australia, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
a). The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 02:30 pm AEDT on 27/03/20 using computerised random selection.
b). The first thirty (30) valid entries drawn will each win the prize specified above.
c). The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
d). If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
7. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
8. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
9. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
10. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
11. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
14. De-identified entry data is sent to Plexus for the purposes of conducting the draws for this Promotion.
15. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, Repco may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
16. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
17. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
18. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
19. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
23. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
24. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
25. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
26. Repco are the administrators of the Promotion and Caltex are providing the prize in the Promotion only.
27. Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 20/00172.2, NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/41994 and SA Permit No. T20/149.
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.