Terms & Conditions
MasterChef Competition ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Prize Conditions:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
Deliveroo Australia Pty Ltd ABN 73 607 915 640, Level 2, 161 Collins St, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia. Ph: 1300 335 485
Start date: 13/06/21 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: 18/07/21 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over and have a Deliveroo Account.
How to Enter:
To initially enter the Promotion and receive one (1) draw entry, the entrant must, during the Promotional Period:
- complete an order from Deliveroo; and
- use the code MASTERCHEFAU at checkout. You may use the MASTERCHEFAU code once only (“Initial Entry”).
Following an Initial Entry, eligible entrants may receive up to two (2) additional entry opportunities during the Promotional Period. In order to receive the opportunity to place additional entries, an entrant must be signed up to receipt of marketing communications from Deliveroo, as the entrant will receive a new promotional code via email within 7 days after their Initial Entry (and provided that there is at least 7 days remaining in the Promotional Period).
To earn a second entry into the Promotion, the entrant must complete an order from Deliveroo during the Promotional Period and use the new promo code received at checkout.
The entrant may earn up to a maximum of three (3) draw entries in total for the entire Promotion, by completing the purchase requirement above but using a different promotional code each time (using the code received by direct email during the Promotional Period). Only persons who are signed up to receipt of marketing communications from Deliveroo will receive the promotional codes, other than the MASTERCHEFAU code (up to a maximum of two (2) different promotional codes will be sent to an entrant via email). An entrant will only receive a new promotional code once the last promotional code provided has been used.
A ‘completed order’ is an order which has been received by the intended recipient. Cancelled or refunded orders will not be eligible for entry.
Maximum of three (3) draw entries permitted per person; one (1) entry per eligible order. See How to Enter section above for details.
Only one (1) promo code per order is permitted. You may not use the same promo code more than once. Unrecognised promo codes will be deemed invalid.
Total Prize Pool:
Up to AUD $30,000
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is a weekend getaway for the winner and 3 friends at Palm Beach, NSW and includes:
Up to AUD$30,000 depending on exact point of departure
Draw: computerised random selection - 20/07/21 at 1:00 pm AEST
- Travel must be taken 6-8 August 2021. If the winner is unavailable on unwilling to travel on the aforementioned date/s required by the Promoter, they will forfeit their right to the prize and will not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
- Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- The winner and his/her travel companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description, are not included.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at accommodation check in.During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
The winner will be contacted by phone and email within one (1) day of the draw. The winner will be published at https://foodscene.deliveroo.co... on 21/07/21.
Prize must be claimed by 23/07/21 at 1:00 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 23/07/21 at 4:00 pm AEST at Deliveroo Australia Pty Ltd, Level 2, 161 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia. The winner of the redraw will be notified by phone and email within one (1) days of the redraw. The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) https://foodscene.deliveroo.co... on 26/07/21.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at https://foodscene.deliveroo.co....
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw will take place at Deliveroo Australia Pty Ltd, Level 2, 161 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia at 1:00 pm AEST on 20/07/21 using computerised random selection.
- The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the prize specified in the Schedule above.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Enter section for their entry as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for their entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant's entry and the entrant's right to a prize.
- The value of the prize is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prize (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 21/00790, NSW Authority No. TP/306 and SA Permit No. SA T21/731.
© 2022 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.