Terms & Conditions
News Corp Bank Balance 2021 ("Conditions of Entry")
Jump to section
- Promotional Period:
- Eligible entrants:
- How to Enter:
- Participating Newspapers:
- Entries permitted:
- Total Prize Pool:
- Prize Details:
- Prize Details:
- Winner notification:
- Unclaimed Prizes:
- Further Conditions:
Terms & Conditions created using Promotion Wizard
News Corp Bank Balance 2021
Nationwide News Pty Ltd ABN 98 008 438 828, 2 Holt street, Surry Hills, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia. Ph: 0292883000
Start date: 26/06/21 at 12:01 am AEST
End date: 11/07/21 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian (excluding WA) residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps on any day during the Promotional Period:
- buy (and keep) a copy of a Participating Newspaper or be a paying digital subscriber to the Participating Newspaper;
- find the QR code for this competition for that day in the Participating Newspaper, scan the QR code using a mobile device which will take the entrant to bankbalanceboost.com.au or the entrant can go to the website with the URL bankbalanceboost.com.au and enter that day’s code word for this competition from the Participating Newspaper (code must be entered before 11:59pm AEST on that same day to be valid); and
- while on that website, complete the online entry form in accordance with the instructions on that website including by providing requested information.
Entrants will be notified on screen immediately upon submission of the completed entry form if they have won an instant win prize and will be entered into the Major Draw.
Entrants, other than subscribers at the time of entry, must retain their original Eligible Newspaper(s) printed code(s) daily code(s) for all entries as proof of purchase (“Proof of Purchase”). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant's respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant's right to a prize.
The Daily Telegraph / The Sunday Telegraph - Herald Sun / Sunday Herald Sun - The Courier-Mail / The Sunday Mail - The Advertiser / Sunday Mail - NT News / Sunday Territorian - The Mercury / Sunday Tasmanian - Geelong Advertiser - Gold Coast Bulletin - Cairns Post - Townsville Bulletin - The Chronicle
Limit one (1) entry permitted per person each day. Each code word may only be used for entry on the same date of publication in a Participating Newspaper. Only one (1) code word per entry is permitted. The same code word cannot be used more than once and entries with unrecognised code words will be deemed invalid.
By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize (excludes SA residents).
Total Prize Pool:
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Major Draw Prizes
Major Prize: The prize is a $10,000.00 Prepaid Mastercard or Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard®.
Draw: computerised random selection - 14/07/21 at 12:00 pm AEST
Instant Win Prizes
Instant Win Prize: The prize is a $100.00 Prepaid Mastercard or Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard®.
All instant prize winners will have two options on prize fulfilment: 1) Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard®; or 2) Physical send out of pre-loaded Mastercard. The winner will be able to select their preferred option on receipt of winning notification.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard are not included. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard must be activated within 2 months of issue and is valid for 12 months after activation. At expiry of the Vault Pays-enabled Mastercard any unused balance will be forfeited. We will not give you notice prior to expiry. Card expiry and balance can be found on your mobile device in your digital wallet. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited (ABN 30 131 436 532) AFSL 404131 pursuant to license by Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte.Ltd. See www.vaultps.com.au/terms for terms and conditions. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
The Major Draw winners will be contacted by email and phone within seven (7) days of the draw. The Major Prize winners will be published at bankbalanceboost.com.au by 21/07/21.
Prizes must be claimed by 16/08/21 at 12:00 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 17/08/21 at 12:00 pm AEST at Handling matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade, Cromer NSW 2099, Australia. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email and phone within seven (7) days of the redraw. The winners of any Major Prizes will be notified publicly (and their details published) at bankbalanceboost.com.au on 24/08/21.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at bankbalanceboost.com.au.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter (includes Participating Newspapers), businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- A maximum of one prize will be awarded per household (except residents of South Australia, who are eligible to win more than one
- Major Draw:
- The Major Draw will take place at Handling matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade, Cromer NSW 2099, Australia at 12:00 pm AEST on 14/07/21 using computerised random selection.
- The first three (3) valid entries drawn will each win the Major Prize.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- Instant Win:
- Winners will be notified immediately if they have won by display of the following message on screen upon entry form submission: "Congratulations you have won $100 with Bank Balance Boost. Please select a prize fulfilment option and our team will be in touch via SMS/Email."
- The winner of each instant prize will be drawn by Random Blowup via random programmatic computer selection.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim.
- Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Conditions of Entry, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Any instant win prizes that are part of the advertised total prize pool will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs in relation to the taking of the prize, to any media or other organisation, without the Promoter’s prior written consent. Photographs will be allowed to be taken only at the discretion of the Promoter and the prize provider.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Idea Shed, on behalf of the Promoter, is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion].
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s (including without limitation due to attendance at an event or travel undertaken when there is any current health warning, epidemic or pandemic declared which would apply to or could be considered to impact, effect or apply to the relevant event or travel) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence, except with the express consent of the relevant winner.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- In relation to prizes which are Mastercards , the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the Mastercard The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP21/00687.1, NSW Authority No. TP/01005 and SA Permit No. T21/640
© 2021 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce or amend without authority.